• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lone Wolf

1st let me say thanks for setting up these forums. And for making great softwear.

I was setting up my account and I can not uncheck the "do not use Avatars" and setup my Avatar. Is this feature not setup yet?

LW

ATM you can't use Avatars. I have the same prob.

I read in the forum rules that you aren't allowed to use animated avatars or any avatar that would cause confusion by being too similar to a moderator's avatar. Still, I'd like to be able to specify one as well.

Avatars along with rank titles only become problems after a time on many forums. Some members just don't know how to use common sense in picking one with proper size limitations. I see this on several forums I belong to.

Jerry

There are ways to limit the size of avatars. My board is set to 150x150 and you can't go any bigger. Shouldn't be a problem here either.

There are ways to limit the size of avatars. My board is set to 150x150 and you can't go any bigger. Shouldn't be a problem here either.
Yep/miss my Homer Simpson Avatar.:agree:

They're fixing things on the fly here. My last need is an avatar as long as they're working on making the forums better. I see they got the multiquote button to not be a red x.

Avatars along with rank titles only become problems after a time on many forums. Some members just don't know how to use common sense in picking one with proper size limitations. I see this on several forums I belong to.

Jerry

Yeah. I'm that problem guy. I love making new avatar files and sometimes go one step too far. After several years of making/editing them, I have a decent stable to select from ...

personally I prefer better quality in the text....over imagination (or lack of) with the Avatars. I have no problem with the absence of them here if that is how they choose to run their boards.

Hi
Sorry folks but I feel like I'm naked without one. Bbbbbrrrrr.:eek:
Anytime. :bowdown: Soon.:doh: ;)

Hi
Sorry folks but I feel like I'm naked without one. Bbbbbrrrrr.

boys & their toys

:D

PS, whats with this 5 images limit in posts, we also like our smilies

Last edited:
Hi :)
Yeah I always forget the limit. :agree: Then wonder why my post is being held up.:D

Hi
Sorry folks but I feel like I'm naked without one. Bbbbbrrrrr.:eek:

Don't shoot the messenger (me). This is what I've been told: normal users will not be allowed to use avatar pictures. It is felt that this will be a waste of (viewing) space, and the forum will become more unreadable.

If you disagree with what I've been told, all I can say is this is not my ubb, and we are all guests on it.

I have absolutely nothing to do with this decision, although I respect the right of the owners to operate the ubb as they see fit.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Firstly I think you mean avatars & not profile pics. They're allowed cause I've got one.
On the topic of avatars they've laid out rules for them & it's there under edit options too.
I know they can still prevent this taking place.
Why not update rules & edit options. + Post too make it clear for the early arrivals like us who were expecting this option when the dust settled.

I still feel naked.:eek: :D

EDit:
Nice picture but unnessessary
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree....wouldn't mind having an avatar.

This one would be better answered by admin as it is their decision to make...although I think the decision has already been made. And I don't think it would be fair to place webslinger and other moderators in the place of taking "heat" for supplying the news, because they don't make the rules...they just enforce them.

admin said:

Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.

Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.

this has been changed from the original :(

why put that in if were not allowed any avatars anyway :rolleyes:

:)

this has been changed from the original :(

why put that in if were not allowed any avatars anyway :rolleyes:

:)
As you all know this is a new forum, lets let the Webmaster decide what is good and what is not. We will keep you all informed. Thankyou for understanding.

Back