• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avatar ISO Power DVD 7.3 Doesn't Play

PhilipW

My first post so go easy on me please.

I have been using anydvdhd for some time to make ISOs of my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs onto a media server that I use for my home theater, office and shop computers. I still use Powerdvd 7.3 so I can easily play the HD-DVD files.

Unlike all the other ISOs I've made and tested, I can't get my Avatar ISO to play on my other computers. It only gives me a black screen. It only works on on my media server that has anydvdhd on it.

The disk plays fine directly on all the computers.

When I was researching the problem here I noticed the making an ISO procedure from member Adbear, but it didn't solve the problem: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24169

I looked around but didn't see this as a common problem so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

anydvdhd status: (quick note... the last rip I made was just before updating to 6.6.6.1, but I don't believe that would have made any difference)

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.6.1)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05 001002085589MN2840
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_BIRD_2D_WW
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Using BDPHash.bin 10-06-16-A
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Java BD+ runtime removed!
Removed UOPs!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.6.1_Info_D_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    315.3 KB · Views: 2
Power Dvd 7.3 plays this disk fine with the October(?) 2009 update - 7.3.5710.0 - that still plays HD-DVD as well.

Hello, right click the AnyDVD tray icon if its running and close the program completely (THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT) then go to the Control Panel--->Device Manager then navigate to your DVD Drive right click and go the the DVD Region tab. Then set the correct region that you are in. U.S.A. is Region 1, not sure about the other ones. Then after you're done, try your disc again and see what happens. Maybe it will fix it if not someone will have to take a closer look at your logs.

Hello, right click the AnyDVD tray icon if its running and close the program completely (THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT) then go to the Control Panel--->Device Manager then navigate to your DVD Drive right click and go the the DVD Region tab. Then set the correct region that you are in. U.S.A. is Region 1, not sure about the other ones. Then after you're done, try your disc again and see what happens. Maybe it will fix it if not someone will have to take a closer look at your logs.

DVD region is not relevant to Blu-Rays, and it's a Blu-Ray we're discussing...

Yup my bad wasn't paying enough attention I guess.
You gave up too quickly. Some drives won't handle DVDs properly if the internal drive region isn't set. It's unclear if that affects BDs, but if you play DVDs in the drive it's a must. Go ahead and try that, then re-rip to ISO.

You gave up too quickly. Some drives won't handle DVDs properly if the internal drive region isn't set. It's unclear if that affects BDs, but if you play DVDs in the drive it's a must. Go ahead and try that, then re-rip to ISO.

No, it's not unclear - it definitely does not in any way affect BDs, trust me :)

(though if the drive is ever to play DVDs, the drive region really should by all means be set - there is no gain in not doing so and quite a chance for pain otherwise).

Last edited:
Back