• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Available Quota?

Will801

I just noticed under the down load status bar "Presently available quota" and a count down. What time frame is that? A month? A Quarter?

Attachments

• Anystream.jpg
    Anystream.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 17
That is your currently available quota. For more information on quota please search the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is now! as the count refreshes continuously it is the count of downloads you have available now.

Is this what you are referring to? "A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week."

Great feature!!! Thanks so much for adding this in, means I have a precise measure of how much I'm thrashing my online services! LOL
I will add to this: I have always set my downloads to real-time speed otherwise surely the providers are going to realise that their content is being ripped...

I will add to this: I have always set my downloads to real-time speed otherwise surely the providers are going to realise that their content is being ripped...

when they add que feature i will start using real time downloading.

when they add que feature i will start using real time downloading.

Healthy decision but guessing most wont, but yes I to will lower Dl speeds as I don't have to babysit as much, actually I kind wish that was implemented for movies as well cause needs way more browsing/nursing than series, also movies don't deplete your quota as fast .. only thing batch ques will do for "series only" is making people come to forum more often complaining about no tokens left, unless they build in some restriction day one on ques

100 ep's can be done in a few hours with ease as of now while 20-40 movies could take all day which would be more healthy towards your token bucket, so yes it makes more sense for movies in a way

In many cases users downloading to NAS/externals they should probably thank us instead for offloading them :p

It seems that the quota limit is shared across all streaming platforms, e.g. downloading from Disney+ affects the quota available to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Should we not have a separate quota for each streaming platform? Netflix won't know I've been downloading from Disney+, so I should still be able to download from Netflix if my quota for Disney+ is used up.

It seems that the quota limit is shared across all streaming platforms, e.g. downloading from Disney+ affects the quota available to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Should we not have a separate quota for each streaming platform? Netflix won't know I've been downloading from Disney+, so I should still be able to download from Netflix if my quota for Disney+ is used up.
This is already in our mind and many people wrote it, but till now nothing has changed (or said about it afai can remember). And we can't say if something is going to change, you will have to read every changelog for this.

Hey Attics,

Welcome! :)

A quick search of this forum will show that your question (whilst a fair one to ask) has already been asked and answered many many times.

The quotas aren't for the providers' benefit. It's to stop people from abusing RedFox's server.

I think it's naive to assume they aren't already aware of AnyStream, et. al.
Yes, but it isn't a big enough problem to justify the work it would take to block it. AS takes many measures to prevent the use of their software for piracy purposes. The videos are watermarked. You have to have a subscription to the providers. There really isn't any difference between watching the video you download vs. using their app, other than convenience.

Yes, but it isn't a big enough problem to justify the work it would take to block it. AS takes many measures to prevent the use of their software for piracy purposes. The videos are watermarked. You have to have a subscription to the providers. There really isn't any difference between watching the video you download vs. using their app, other than convenience.

None of which as anything to do with what I was saying.

Videos watermarked ????
While possible, this is more an assumption than a fact or can you point to evidence for your statement ?

Back