• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autostart will not work!

Under those circumstances it fails to load upon boot.
Thanks for that "DetroitBaseball", it seems autostart and Vista with UAC enabled just don't mix, at least for some, UAC is a good security tool but it seems to cause some issues, not only with AnyDVD but other apps aswell, maybe SP1 will fix some of the UAC issues.

Thanks for that "DetroitBaseball", it seems autostart and Vista with UAC enabled just don't mix, at least for some, UAC is a good security tool but it seems to cause some issues, not only with AnyDVD but other apps aswell, maybe SP1 will fix some of the UAC issues.
I have UAC disabled, so I don't have to worry about UAC problems.

I have UAC disabled, so I don't have to worry about UAC problems.
Same here "UAC disabled", i can't be doing with all the UAC prompts.

Does AnyDVD autostart when you remove your Windows password with UAC disable? it works for me.

Last edited:
I think the people UAC will benefit the most are home users who have a family/kids.
I like what Linux does. It asks you for your password only for administrative things. I can live with that. UAC asks permission for everything. In Linux you don't run as an admin typically. So if a virus was to infect you, it could only delete files in the home folder.

I like what Linux does. It asks you for your password only for administrative things. I can live with that. UAC asks permission for everything. In Linux you don't run as an admin typically. So if a virus was to infect you, it could only delete files in the home folder.
I think UAC should have been something like the Linux implimentation, i must admit i have never used Linux, i have been tempted a few times but i've never got round to it, too busy most of the time, or lazy :D .

I think UAC should have been something like the Linux implimentation, i must admit i have never used Linux, i have been tempted a few times but i've never got round to it, too busy most of the time, or lazy :D .
If you do, try Ubuntu. It is very user-friendly and works very well.

Vista Autostart Mystery

I finally managed to reproduce the Vista autostart problem with UAC and login disabled. It was really tough, as it is a racing condition and I simply had bad luck - it worked on two installations, but finally it failed on the third.

To make a long story short, the problem will be fixed with the next update.

I finally managed to reproduce the Vista autostart problem with UAC and login disabled. It was really tough, as it is a racing condition and I simply had bad luck - it worked on two installations, but finally it failed on the third.

To make a long story short, the problem will be fixed with the next update.
Thanks James for looking into this issue and i'm glad to here that you have reproduced the autostart issue so it can be fixed, however, can i just say that the very same issue can accur with autostart in CloneCD/CloneCD Tray, maybe it's the same issue causing the problems with CloneCD.

Thanks James for looking into this issue and i'm glad to here that you have reproduced the autostart issue so it can be fixed, however, can i just say that the very same issue can accur with autostart in CloneCD/CloneCD Tray, maybe it's the same issue causing the problems with CloneCD.
Yes, the fix will fix this as well. :D

James thank you for looking into this further and coming up with a solution as always!
I will be loading the new version in a few minutes and will report back! :)

James thank you for looking into this further and coming up with a solution as always!
I will be loading the new version in a few minutes and will report back! :)

The fix is in Anydvd 6.1.3.3

I just installed 6.1.3.3 on my new laptop with a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium on it, and now whenever the system start up, I get the following error:

initialise_dynamic() failed!

This is in a box with the AnyDVD label on it.

If I go and start AnyDVD via the programs listing, it will start fine, but it's doing this on every bootup. Also, CloneCD is also not starting.

edited to add: now that I've read through the thread, I'll also add that CloneCD is installed, and if AnyDVD fails to start, so does CloneCD. This is a fresh install of the 32-bit O/S. I also followed an earlier recommendation, and waited a couple of minutes at the login screen before going in, and upon doing this, AnyDVD and CloneCD did successfully load. I have UAC enabled, and I login.

Machine Specs:

Dell Insprion E1505
Intel Core2Duo 1.83ghz CPU
2GB DDR2 memory
80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Sony 8x DVDRW drive
ATI X1400 video
Windows Vista Home Premium

Last edited:
I just installed 6.1.3.3 on my new laptop with a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium on it, and now whenever the system start up, I get the following error:

initialise_dynamic() failed!

This is in a box with the AnyDVD label on it.

If I go and start AnyDVD via the programs listing, it will start fine, but it's doing this on every bootup. Also, CloneCD is also not starting.

edited to add: now that I've read through the thread, I'll also add that CloneCD is installed, and if AnyDVD fails to start, so does CloneCD. This is a fresh install of the 32-bit O/S. I also followed an earlier recommendation, and waited a couple of minutes at the login screen before going in, and upon doing this, AnyDVD and CloneCD did successfully load. I have UAC enabled, and I login.

Machine Specs:

Dell Insprion E1505
Intel Core2Duo 1.83ghz CPU
2GB DDR2 memory
80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Sony 8x DVDRW drive
ATI X1400 video
Windows Vista Home Premium
Please reinstall AnyDVD 6.1.3.3. Does it work now?

Back