• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autostart will not work!

Hi :)
Yes I concede that or least a problem about how they update.
My initial post though said that I did not believe there to be a bug as such in relation to Slysoft or Vista. I still don't. If that were the case it wouldn't be so easy to work around.

Hey folks thanks for all the imput!
The fact is that ANYDVD still will not Autoload in Windows Vista Ultimate with out altering Vista in one way or another... :(

My question now is how will the folks at slysoft go about solving this? And when. I am not the first to use this program but I am the first to report this particular problem. You know that Microsoft will not fix this so called bug so what can Slysoft do for their customers??? :)

Well according to my PC Vista Ultimate 32 bit . AnyDVD drivers 'NOTSIGNED'.
Note in left hand column says 'Not yet classified'.
Your screenshot doesn't show drivers (which are signed). AnyDVD.exe is not a driver.

Hey folks thanks for all the imput!
The fact is that ANYDVD still will not Autoload in Windows Vista Ultimate with out altering Vista in one way or another... :(

My question now is how will the folks at slysoft go about solving this? And when. I am not the first to use this program but I am the first to report this particular problem. You know that Microsoft will not fix this so called bug so what can Slysoft do for their customers??? :)
Nothing, because I am absolutely unable to reproduce this problem on quite a few test machines. Vista 32 & 64. UAC and no-UAC. No problem at all.

Your screenshot doesn't show drivers (which are signed). AnyDVD.exe is not a driver.

James I can see what your saying. But this was what I was told to do to see if s/w drivers were signed.
How should you do this?

The thing is, if you disable "Windows Defender" the autostart issue is still present, so, in effect this rules out any possible issues with "Windows Defender".

The fact that you can get autostart to work with UAC enabled by letting the HDD activity die down before you logon to Windows suggests that the problem lies with the way Vista is issueing user rights tokens, Vista issues tokens giving you certain user rights, (ie: standard user rights token), if the token isn't assigned by the time you logon to Windows then problems will arise, this suggests that there is a problem in the way Vista is assigning user rights tokens.

As we know, with UAC disabled autostart works ok, this is because the user rights token has allready been assigned by the time you get to the logon screen, (ie: administrator user rights token), now, because you allready have an administrator rights user token because of UAC being disabled there seems to be no issue with autostart.

To me, all this suggests a bug in Vista, as "James" has allready pionted out.

Last edited:
The thing is, if you disable "Windows Defender" the autostart issue is still present, so, in effect this rules out any possible issues with "Windows Defender".

The fact that you can get autostart to work with UAC enabled by letting the HDD activity die down before you logon to Windows suggests that the problem lies with the way Vista is issueing user rights tokens, Vista issues tokens giving you certain user rights, (ie: standard user rights token), if the token isn't assigned by the time you logon to Windows then problems will arise, this suggests that there is a problem in the way Vista is assigning user rights tokens.

As we know, with UAC disabled autostart works ok, this is because the user rights token has allready been assigned by the time you get to the logon screen, (ie: administrator user rights token), now, because you allready have an administrator rights user token because of UAC being disabled there seems to be no issue with autostart.

To me, all this suggests a bug in Vista, as "James" has allready pionted out.
AnyDVD-HD loads on boot for me with UAC and Windows Defender on.

AnyDVD-HD loads on boot for me with UAC and Windows Defender on.
If you remove your Windows password so no login is required does AnyDVD still autostart ok, if you haven't tried this yet, would it be possible to give it a go, please, if it's not to much trouble, and let me know the result because i have a feeling that autostart will stop working.

If you remove your Windows password so no login is required does AnyDVD still autostart ok, if you haven't tried this yet, would it be possible to give it a go, please, if it's not to much trouble, and let me know the result because i have a feeling that autostart will stop working.
Under those circumstances it fails to load upon boot.

@ d.chatten. If I disable all programs from my startup apart from AnyDVD. My PC boots from cold without login & yet loads AnyDVD. This despite UAC & Windows Defender being enabled. See attached.

However in order to certain other things like 'internet' etc. I need other programs in my startup. As soon as I do this then AnyDVD fails to 'autostart'. Still being selective with startup. See attached.

This brings it full circle for me & shows it is the order in which AnyDVD is placed in this startup. Whether it is because of how the programs are identified or sheer volume of programs loaded (i.e. more than 1 in my case) For me is still unclear.

@ d.chatten. If I disable all programs from my startup apart from AnyDVD. My PC boots from cold without login & yet loads AnyDVD. This despite UAC & Windows Defender being enabled. See attached.

However in order to certain other things like 'internet' etc. I need other programs in my startup. As soon as I do this then AnyDVD fails to 'autostart'. Still being selective with startup. See attached.

This brings it full circle for me & shows it is the order in which AnyDVD is placed in this startup. Whether it is because of how the programs are identified or sheer volume of programs loaded (i.e. more than 1 in my case) For me is still unclear.
Sweet, you use Spyware Terminator too!

~UPDATE~

To anyone interested.

I have reformatted and installed ANYDVD and it is loading on startup!

What did I do differently, nothing except use a different username?

I can't see this making any difference at all but none the less it is now autostarting and I am once again a Happy Camper.

~UPDATE~

To anyone interested.

I can't see this making any difference at all but none the less it is now autostarting and I am once again a Happy Camper.
I am interested. Glad you got it up and autostarting.:clap:

~UPDATE~

To anyone interested.

Do you have CloneCD installed? if not then take a look at a previous post of mine (link below) because autostart may start playing up again once you install CloneCD.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=886&postcount=1

~UPDATE 2 ~

Ok once again ANYDVD will not Autostart. It did once but has failed to autostart since.

I do not have any other Slysoft products installed.

@ 4hams,

Perchance do you have any background Multi Tasking operations running in the background before AnyDVD loads? Active background Multi Tasking operations can interfere with the proper functioning of AnyDVD. To ensure that all background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

@ 4hams,

Perchance do you have any background Multi Tasking operations running in the background before AnyDVD loads? Active background Multi Tasking operations can interfere with the proper functioning of AnyDVD. To ensure that all background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

Thanks for the imput but I am trying to test this on a system with nothing else installed on it.

The program should autostart on a fresh unaltered Vista 32bit Installation. The problem is that when installing Vista you have the option to use a logon or not to, and if you choose not to use the logon then ANYDVD will not autostart.

Back