• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autoplay Not Working

But I wanted a permanent solution. See the whole topic or search on Google and see how many consumers are having the same problem...

I am unable to reproduce this problem in XP nor in Vista with the PIONEER DVR-215D.

But on the ICHR9 controller, my sata ports are set to Raid--not AHCI. I'm using my sata hard drives in a Sata Raid array, so I have no choice.
There's no option to manually set individual sata ports (it's all or nothing in my bios).

Last edited:
I understand you. But the same problem occurs in my laptop. There's no option to manually set individual sata ports too. Is this the problem? SATA + Pionner?
And a computer with these options, what should I do?

PS.: 1 - What the OS installed on your machine, XP or Vista?
2 - And what the configuration of your Raid? 0?

I understand you. But the same problem occurs in my laptop. There's no option to manually set individual sata ports too. Is this the problem? SATA + Pionner?

I don't know. But I inserted a dvd movie 3 times, and each time autoplay worked.

You used a "dvd+r". Use a real dvd movie (booktype "dvd-rom"); use an original disc to test (with PC friendly disabled in Anydvd).

And a computer with these options, what should I do?

1. What happens if you set Sata ports to function as IDE?
2. What happens if you use a commercial, original dvd movie?

1 - What the OS installed on your machine, XP or Vista?

Both

And what the configuration of your Raid? 0?

Raid 0

Last edited:
The problem is not in DVD movies, but in DVD data! The DVD movies usually start here too. Example: Put a DVD with any program that I want to install (or files), such as Microsoft Office. With AnyDVD active on DVD with autorun.inf (or files), the Autoplay does not work. Understand me? To work I have to wait a long time or click the icon of the DVD in My Computer (as well as others described in this topic) or disable de AnyDVD.

... ie when windows gets the autoplay request the drive is still being accessed by anydvd and the first autoplay attempt fails, it subsequently runs when you refresh the drive or wait a very long time.

Last edited:
The problem is not in DVD movies, but in DVD data! The DVD movies usually start here too. Example: Put a DVD with any program that I want to install (or files), such as Microsoft Office. With AnyDVD active on DVD with autorun.inf (or files), the Autoplay does not work. Understand me? To work I have to wait a long time or click the icon of the DVD in My Computer (as well as others described in this topic) or disable de AnyDVD.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this problem, but only with the Pioneer dvr-215D.
My other optical drives work fine. So I guess there is some sort of conflict between Anydvd and these Pioneer drives (for autoplay).

I just reported this issue, and one of the Anydvd developers says there's a bug with the Pioneer firmware, and there's not much they can do about it.

Last edited:
And why not fix it now? This bug is old! I believe that since the early days of software ...
And if they can't do much about it, could not create a routine that detect the pionner and apply a hint similar to what I discovered?

because, as stated its a FIRMware bug not a SOFTware bug..
ie: the problem is in the hardware (the drive)... and can NOT be fixed in software that easily...

solution : try updating the firmware on the drive, or downgrading it, whatever

And why not fix it now? This bug is old! I believe that since the early days of software ...

They say it's a bug with the firmware in the Pioneer drives. I imagine if Slysoft tries to do something for the Pioneer drives, then that may break something for all other drives.

Last edited:
solution : try updating the firmware on the drive, or downgrading it, whatever

I don't believe changing firmwares will help at the moment, and I doubt Pioneer will change their firmware just to ensure compatibility with Anydvd. They will probably say, "what bug? Autoplay works for me. Anydvd is the problem."

Last edited:
Hi :)
I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit. (SP1 installed).
Usually have autoplay disabled.
Have many Pioneer from 110 > 215.
If I enable autoplay, it works fine.
This is regardless of f/w.
It can be manufacturers, Buffalo or MCSE patched.
It still works.
Though I am one of those who find it irritating, so disabled again now. 8)

With Anydvd enabled with a data dvd? It worked for me, maybe 2 out of 4 times. If I disable Anydvd autoplay works every time.
I'm using MCSE patched firmware, but I'm sure that doesn't make a difference. I'm using Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP1 as well (and XP Pro 32 bit SP3).

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-215D 1.18 08/01/11PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Last edited:
because, as stated its a FIRMware bug not a SOFTware bug..
ie: the problem is in the hardware (the drive)... and can NOT be fixed in software that easily...
But I Fix! Read the previous posts! I created a way to circumvent this problem. Particularly, I think a very easy solution-level programming ...

I don't believe changing firmwares will help at the moment, and I doubt Pioneer will change their firmware just to ensure compatibility with Anydvd. They will probably say, "what bug? Autoplay works for me. Anydvd is the problem."
Exactly.That's it!! And it is simple: Without AnyDVD works. With AnyDVD does not work. The Pionner will not "repair" their firmware, never. I think the team of Slysoft has to provide an urgent solution to these "cases". They must be losing many customers. I for example, in some customers because of this problem, install another software... (i am computer technical)

BI think the team of Slysoft has to provide an urgent solution to these "cases". They must be losing many customers.

I don't think so. As you've noted, you can create a workaround ("start external . . ."). Besides, I've got 3 other optical drives in my computer, so I can use one of them if I need autoplay.

Anyway, I reported the problem to Slysoft. There's not much more I can do. Sorry

I don't think so. As you've noted, you can create a workaround ("start external . . ."). Besides, I've got 3 other optical drives in my computer, so I can use one of them if I need autoplay.

Anyway, I reported the problem to Slysoft. There's not much more I can do. Sorry

They are not all that have more than one optical drive in their machines. Besides the loss of performance in these cases ... But anyway, thank you for information and help.
:bowdown:

This is regardless of f/w.
It can be manufacturers, Buffalo or MCSE patched.
It still works.
Though I am one of those who find it irritating, so disabled again now. 8)
:doh:
Do this. With the autoplay and anydvd enabled, enter one of its drivers pionners, a DVD data. For example, a DVD for installation of software (with the file autorun.inf). And do this several times (2 or 3 times).
Then do the same procedure with the AnyDVD disabled... :agree:

:doh:
Do this. With the autoplay and anydvd enabled, enter one of its drivers pionners, a DVD data. For example, a DVD for installation of software (with the file autorun.inf). And do this several times (2 or 3 times).
Then do the same procedure with the AnyDVD disabled... :agree:

You know, in Windows XP SP3 I can't reproduce the problem at all with a Pioneer dvr-215d. I can reproduce the problem in Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition SP1.

I have just seen this:

6.4.3.4 2008 06 04
- Change: Improved handling of disc arrival

Is this intended to help with this Pioneer issue?

I have just seen this:

6.4.3.4 2008 06 04
- Change: Improved handling of disc arrival

Is this intended to help with this Pioneer issue?
You tell me! Try it!

This autoplay issue with pioneer drives is now fixed in anydvd release 6.4.3.8 beta.

This autoplay issue with pioneer drives is now fixed in anydvd release 6.4.3.8 beta.

Yes! Finally! Autoplay is working properly! Breeza, thank you! Thanks Slysoft Team! Thanks Most importantly, you Webslinger!:rock::bowdown:

Back