• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Automatic Update check not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Quitch, why change the update method? The "old" way was much better in terms of being user friendly and it helped cut back on the software being pirated. Do a Google search and you will see that the latest version is out in the wild cracked! You did not get that with Maploms way, the only thing that I can think of that changed is the update function...

I encourage anyone who is new to the Slysoft forums to visit and read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=4 fully

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

We can all state our opinions and disagree with each other without being insulting. Please remain civil when posting in these forums. Thank you. If this thread turns into a giant flame war, I will (in this order): 1. close this thread, and 2. consider bans (which I hate doing).

So please remain civil when posting, even if you strongly disagree with someone. Thank you

I would like to see an auto-update on all Slysoft products, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. That said, I'd much rather see development on newer protections than auto-update features (so really, I don't want to see attention focused on auto-updates instead of dealing with newer protections).

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe I'm still having to say this.

THE PRODUCT USED TO AUTO-UPDATE. THE CURRENT FUNCTIONALITY IS A REGRESSION. THEY HAD TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE IT WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS.

Thank you.

If you feel you must type in all-caps, then please just don't post. :policeman:
Thanks

I encourage anyone who is new to the Slysoft forums to visit and read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=4 fully

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

We can all state our opinions and disagree with each other without being insulting. Please remain civil when posting in these forums. Thank you. If this thread turns into a giant flame war, I will (in this order): 1. close this thread, and 2. consider bans (which I hate doing).

So please remain civil when posting, even if you strongly disagree with someone. Thank you

I would like to see an auto-update on all Slysoft products, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. That said, I'd much rather see development on newer protections than auto-update features (so really, I don't want to see attention focused on auto-updates instead of dealing with newer protections).

In an effort to be civil I have deleted my earlier post... However, it's not that I disagree with Quitch on the subject... Automatic updating is a good feature and at no stage did I say it wasn't... I have a problem with his short-sightedness with regards to the whole matter... He refuses to look at the big picture... Instead of focusing on all the positives that Slysoft taking over the product bring he chooses to focus on a negative which in my opinion isn't even worth mentioning... Is having to click your mouse a few extra times, and in all honesty that is all you're doing by coming to the site to download the file, really such a big deal? All this talk of product regression is a nonsense, as we have already had updated functionality with regards to newer protections...

Ok, I think we have all expressed our thoughts and opinions fully, and I doubt much is to be gained by leaving this thread open--except to promote arguing.

If people wish to pressure/ask Slysoft to change the updating method, then please contact Slysoft directly: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back