Automatic ripping

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by smileyw, Mar 21, 2007.

1. smileyw

smileyw Member

Hello,
    I am a new AnyDVD owner, and I have a question. First off, I assume this has been answered before, but searching didn't find what I was looking for.

What I am trying to do it RIP a DVD automatically. In other words, when I put a DVD in the drive, I want it to RIP the DVD for me. I see that AnyDVD has the ability to run a program on a insert of a DVD, can I for example use this to run the ripper program from a command line, and have it do this for me? (Ideally, I would like it to rip it to a specific drive using the DVD name as the directory name on the drive).

Is this possible?

Thanks,

W

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

3. smileyw

smileyw Member

I read both of these threads, and in fact, I am using My Movies. I just want to fully automate the whole thing.
    Currently I am right clicking on the icon and using the rip procedure, but there has got to be a better way (read automatic).
    FYI, I do have CloneDVD, would that actually help here? It doesn't seem to have anything that looks like it would do this at all?

W

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Well, Anydvd ripper can cause problems. Ripping with Clonedvd is usually the best method.

Not that I'm aware of.

5. smileyw

smileyw Member

That is too bad. I was really thinking I could do it...

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You can write a batch file with xcopy and start it from the command prompt.