• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Auto Resample Unsupported Audio Format" Option?

jmone

Would it be possible for an option in Reclock to be added to resample "unsupported" formats?

I like my Reclock setting :agree: which are for PCM Output over WASAPI (HD5450) using:
- Sampling rate = "Same as input"
- Format = 24 bit int padded to 32

All is good but I've got a few clips my daughter has made that contain a 22.05KHz, 1 Channel, WMA audio track that is decoded by the default WMAudio Decoder DMO filter (which does not seem to be configerable).

The reclock error is "The audio format is not supported by the HW / Driver" that dispays the following specs as the video (sans audio) plays:
- 22050 samples/sec
- 32 Bit PCM
- 2 channels

These files will play if I change to "DirectSound" or the Sampling Rate to "48Khz" but I'd prefer not to do either as a default setting. I could also re-encode the file to something more "std" but I thought, hey....Reclock knows it is not compatible and can resample it to play so an "automatic" option may be good.

Thanks
Nathan

These files will play if I change to "DirectSound"
Windows will resample it ....

or the Sampling Rate to "48Khz"
... or ReClock will resample it ....

but I'd prefer not to do either as a default setting.
Why not? ReClock's resampler is .... awesome. :D

I could also re-encode the file to something more "std"
... you will resample it ...

Reclock knows it is not compatible and can resample it to play so an "automatic" option may be good.
Set ReClock to a supported sample rate (96kHz?) and be very, very happy.

Windows will resample it ....
Set ReClock to a supported sample rate (96kHz?) and be very, very happy.

But not so happy as when I do try this I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error saying "R6016 - not enough space for thread data" when playing these 22.05KHz files ("normal" files play fine without the error)

Thanks
Nathan

Also...do I want to resample everything to 96kHz when I don't need to? My video is a mix of 48 / 96kHz material

Last edited:
As long as your actually using ReClock's audio sync capabilities you will likely want to let ReClock output at the highest resolution possible. Since ReClock is constantly stretching and scrunching the audio you get a higher quality stream the more resolution(Hz) you allow it to work with.

Think of it like an image. If you start with a 10x10 picture, crop it at 9x9 and stretch it back at 10x10 you loose a lot of data that would lie "between" the pixels and it is averaged on to the actual pixels surrounding it.

If you take that same image but start by resizing it to 1000x1000 you basically have the original image with 100 fraction pixels, so when you crop and stretch it the area "in between" data is averaged over is much smaller.

Same basic idea but in the case of audio 48->96 is just 2x. The initial re-sample isn't lossy as it is just a doubling of each data point. With 22.05 and 44.1 the re-sample is lossy but running at 96kHz is still better for ReClock than the original sample rate.

Back