• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Using CloneBD

yahknow1

So, I stopped using CloneBD a while back because I was having issues. Now after hearing it's gotten better, I'd like to start using it again. Just have to ask a couple questions:

The program that I've been using for years tells me that "Insurgent - The Divergent Series" has these audio tracks:

1) English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX)
2) English(TrueHD)(7.1 ch)
3) English (AC3)(2.0 ch)(Dolby Surround)
4) English (AC3)(2.0 ch)(Dolby Surround)
5) espanol (AC3)(5.1 ch)
6) English (AC3)(2.0 ch)(Dolby Surround)

CloneBD has all the same tracks EXCEPT: 1) English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX)

Normally what I would rip is both: 1) English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX) AND 2) English(TrueHD)(7.1 ch). The reason I like doing that is because my receiver has Dolby ATMOS so I use the True HD as default. Then I like to include the 2)English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX) so that I can play the movie on my laptop.

How can I include 1) English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX) if it's not listed in CloneBD

AND

Why is - English (AC3)(2.0 ch)(Dolby Surround) repeated for three tracks?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_L_INSURGENT.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
You need a CloneBD logfile for that one. AnyDVD can't read audio tracks

Code:
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-digital-ex.html

Seriously, you need a logfile to answer this question? I included the AnyDVDHD logfile just because you ALWAYS ASK FOR IT. I think you ask before you even read the question?:cautious:

So, I've done a search for how to get a logfile from CloneBD and it looks like you have to run into an error? So how to get it? I see the "SUMMARY" button, would that work? OR do I need to actually run " BEGIN CONVERSION " button? and after that is there a logfile option?

Yes, because the cloneBD logfiles are different. We indeed always ask for it if there's ripping/decryption issues. But this is neither, this a potential CloneBD issue ;) Yes begin & abort, you'll have logfile buttons on the abort screen. AS to DD EX, if i'm not misreading that link, it's integrated in one of the normal DD tracks.

Here you go

Attachments

• Insurgent.cbdlog
    278.9 KB · Views: 2
The program that I've been using for years tells me that "Insurgent - The Divergent Series" has these audio tracks:

1) English(AC3)(5.1 ch)(Dolby Digital EX)
2) English(TrueHD)(7.1 ch)

The first one is not really an available track, it's sort of the core portion of the True HD track.
I remember, that it was once planned to split and store both components separately, but it has not been done, because there is really not much demand for this (in 99% of the cases either you want Atmos or you're happy with a down-conversion, but you rarely need both).
Maybe you can ask their support and they will add it. That feature adds another UI element, that confuses those, who don't need it.
You're already wondering, why there are multiple AC3 tracks - that DDEX "pseudo" track is yet another one.

The multiple AC3 tracks: you can consult the preview player in CloneBD, that's what it's for.
Likely some director's or actor's comments.

The multiple AC3 tracks: you can consult the preview player in CloneBD, that's what it's for.
Likely some director's or actor's comments.

I guess getting DDEx doesn't matter to me when using my laptop now that I think of it. Would any of those 3 English AC tracks work?

Just out of curiosity, how would the preview player help?

Last edited by a moderator:
The preview player let's you select the various audio and subtitle streams so you can find out which is which and you for example don't include the director's comments ac3 stream instead of the normal one. So if there's 3 tracks like in your case you can swap between them, see what they impact video wise and then use that track for your final output.

It's really a very handy feature

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Oh I see. Thanks I'll try it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back