• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Track Info

Zodnas

I recently started using Plex Media Server to access the many .avi files that I've created with CloneDVD mobile, and it seems that Plex detects all of these files as 2 channel audio tracks. So I'm confused as to what ClonDVD mobile outputs any of the audio tracks too. At the suggestion in Plex forums, I used MediaInfo to look at what is detected as the audio track and on one file that I'm working with, mind you, I selected the DTS 5.1 track as input and the file shows:

128 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 2 Channels, AAC (LC).

Is this correct? I thought that I was encoding 5.1 audio onto these output files.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what I'm doing/working with. Please let me know if the question needs clarification.

Last edited:
I guess it assumes you're using the output files on a mobile device and since nobody carries round a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers with their iPad...

Found that HandBrake will let you select audio passthru, so have re-encoded some titles using that. Problem solved. Don't know why CloneDVD Mobile would allow a full 720X480 frame with near DVD quality and not allow 5.1 audio. My older Yamaha receiver used to upconvert 2 channel to 5.1, but have replaced it with a Marantz, which does no upconvert. DTS audio from the DVDs seems pretty good quality wise, the LFE hits harder and peripheral sounds seem to have more dimension.

Back