• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

I could simply ask the author of PocketDivXEncoder what he does?

I could simply ask the author of PocketDivXEncoder what he does?

Can you please edit your devices.ini file and replace the settings for Generic DivX with the following:

Code:
[* Generic (DivX)]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%%PASS% -lameopts br=%abrate%
moac=mp3lame
movc=xvid
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

Does this make a difference?

ok - trying now - but only on one sub (43 minutes) as the main one I'm trying is 2 hours.... will do with the old settings aswell.

cad

ok - trying now - but only on one sub (43 minutes) as the main one I'm trying is 2 hours.... will do with the old settings aswell.

cad

I haven't went through all the posts in this thread but what is your PC specs and how many running process's are running that really don't need it?

cad

You can cancel at any time, you don't have to wait for the encoding to complete.
2 minutes should be enough to see the difference.

Anyway: what kind of A/V sync problem are we talking about:

a constant offset or is it increasing with time?
How big is the offset?

My PC Spec is listed in my support log
I have 70 processes running with 2GB ram. Processor use while decoding is not excessive and free RAM is fine.

Well.... initially it seems good !

One thing different - I am only doing single pass otherwise would have to wait for the whole clip.....

Now trying the old settings but with the single pass....

The sync problem is a constant offset - small but visible - audio seems to be before video..but it is hard to tell.

Is there a way to do a two pass on a small clip?

Chapters are 45 minutes...so will take a while...

As to your link - useful as a temporary fix - thanks, however I think - but can not be sure that the offset is variable between sources...

But......I now have a DVD source that does cause the problem and one that doesn't. I'll double check as the scene I'm doing is not big on speach....

Well,

1) The config change did not make any difference
2) I now definately have one DVD that has the problem and one the doesn't

a) Problem: Disc 1, Season 1 Battle Start Galactica - Region 2 UK bought
b) No problem: Disc 1, Season 2 Battle Start Galactica - Region 2 UK bought

Also for b) I get

"Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!"

in AnyDVD, but note this is the DVD that is OK and does not have audio syn issues. This could be a complete red herring.....?!?

Hen,

Since someone I respect felt I may have been too harsh, I am changing your ban to a 3 day ban (and I wasn't forced to change this; it was my decision). Should you continue to break forum rules and disrespect me or other forum leaders, you will find yourself banned permanently.

You read the rules, because I posted them in this thread, and you willfully chose to ignore those rules.

Should you cause any further problems on these forums, I will simply ban you outright. :policeman:

Sincerely,

Webslinger

a) Problem: Disc 1, Season 1 Battle Start Galactica - Region 2 UK bought
b) No problem: Disc 1, Season 2 Battle Start Galactica - Region 2 UK bought

Hmm, I have these discs here, but they're region 1, therefore NTSC; that's a whole different situation and can probably not be compared...

There must be an easy way to open up my DVD drive to you through my home router? We would need to have a better form of communcating though to get it all working....

I have discovered that the audio sync fix in PocketDivEncoder is chaging the avi FOURCC from DIVX to XVID. I thus subsequently forced DIVX to decode with XVID but the sync problem was still there.....shame...

Well, you can select a single chapter from a title, that should finish faster (the scissors on the second screen).

Did you ever try this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=44006&postcount=2

Unfortunately I never got any useful response to that.

I have to jump into these new set of conversations to say that adding the mopts=-delay 0.2 option in devices.ini under the iPhone AVC settings fixed the sync issue for me in most cases.

After trying this option, the Lilo and Stitch and Finding Nemo mp4s ended up perfect!

I tried testing this option against The Office Season 3 (Region 1). Since some episodes start with dialog the minute they begin, the sync is off until the delay is reached I figure. For me, this isn't much of a concern as most movies will start with the distribution company logo, etc, but I just wanted to pass along the FYI.

Thank you very much! It's great to see some of my mp4's in equal or better video quality at a bitrate of 768 vs. 900+ with Handbrake or DVDFab. :clap:

I have some code that seems to fix the audio sync errors for me. I pm'd the download to Peer from slysoft.

Back