• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

It looks like I've been running into the same audio sync issue with 1.1.5.4. I've tried it with several Region 1 Disney discs (LiloStitch, Nemo, BugsLife) & both season 2 & 3 of The Office discs (with AnyDVD 6.1.7.4).

The audio is off by just the slightest miliseconds when ripping to the iPhone .mp4 format (using the setup Azgrim posted in http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5683&highlight=iphone). I've tried unchecking Deinterlace, which did not help.

I usually go with the half letterbox zoom, with quality maxing out at around 23. Deinterlace either checked or unchecked at 480x296 resolution, and either 1 or 2 pass (problem occurs either way).

The disappointing thing about this is that the video output using these programs is fantastic with such a small file size. I've run DVDFab against these same discs and the sync is perfect, though I wish the video quality were on par with CloneDVDMobile.

System specs: AMD FX-55 w/2gig RAM, 250gb drive (over 100gb free).

I'm afraid I'm having sync problems as well and in reply to the request for further information this has happened on many dvd's I've ripped but the latest being Prison Break (series 1) region 2. I have version 1.1.5.4 of CloneDVD mobile and playback video on an archos AV500 with updated firmware. I'm not sure what other information you would need other than I usually set the resolution at the highest option and that the deinterlace video material box is checked.

I am having big audio sync problems too with any format I choose also picture quality sucks...
I backed up to ver 1.1.10 and problems solved. No audio problems and better picture...

im having issues without audio syncing too.

my settings:

Creative Vision:W
480x272 @ between 1GB-2.5GB file size (encoding over 1000kps).

3.0 Ghz Pentium 4
2GB DDR RAM
350 GB Hard Drive for movies alone
I just defragmented all 4 drives and flushed out unnecessary files on all drives

Last edited:
Solution

Some time ago in this thread http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/ was offered as a solution by several people with some excellent instructions and I'd like to confirm that this does solve the problem. It's easy to use, very quick and appears 100% effective.

It has been suggested by some contributors that very few people experience sync issues and I take exception to that. There have been many contributions on this forum identifying this problem. I'd hazard a guess that for every cry for help here there are many more who never make it to the forum and give up. This is clearly not an isolated issue and anyone who simply dismisses it because they haven't come across it do themselves, other users and Slysoft a diservice. This is meant to be about helping each other not smugness.

The software from Slysoft is excellent and easy to use so it's a shame such a relatively small error can and does cause such irritation. To be fair to Slyfox here, he's asked for some quite specific information and very few people have tried to supply it. The smug and the lost have been equally unhelpful.

As for my own experience, I've encountered the problem on every DVD, all area 2, I've used. 'Spiderman3', 'Arthur and the Invisibles', 'Meet the Robinsons' (Clearly I have kids) to name just three. One of the peculiarities of my sync issue that no one here seems to have raised (if they have I missed it). When I save the ripped dvd movie to my hard drive, if I watch it on my PC using a DivX player, the copy appears to work almost perfectly. Any audio lag is virtually unnoticeable if it's there at all. However, having copied the files to my Archos 700 and replayed from the Archos via my TV, the audio is completely out of sync. I think it's been mentioned in the forum at 500ms. I don't have a swiss stop watch to hand but that sounds about right. Having now used the pocketdivx software above the files work perfectly. I'm not sure how you replicate this but if it helps my hardware configuration is listed below. I don't think it's a pc hardware problem myself, partly because so many have encountered this problem, most of them almost certainly using completely different setups. Secondly, the fact that there's a simple software application that can both identify and fix the error suggests a software issue is at fault in the first place.

I hope this is of help to someone.

My PC spec is as follows;
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dell XPS710
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.1, 07/05/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"
Time Zone Central Europe Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,044.73 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.22 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.74 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB

Unbelievable support

I have purchased CloneDVD mobile and reported the audio sync problem. I have offered to:

1) Debug the app for them
2) log any traces traces

I have also uploaded a whole DVD to a web site, but all they could do bang on about was my machine spec and also said:

"Maybe your PC is not fast enough"

What a load of rubbish. What in the hell has the machine spec got to do with it?

I have provided all the info requested I have and they don't even seem to simply say - "

"yes, we will look into it, thanks for helping us try to solve the issue"

I also mentioned PocketDivXEncoder that solved the problem but they just don't seem to want to recognise that fact.

I have now asked for my money back and I got a respone saying:

"in our terms ...you can not get refunds...."

Slysoft seems rather 'sly' to me.

What a load of rubbish. What in the hell has the machine spec got to do with it?

Maybe you should learn what's required to re-encode before writing insulting posts.

Also from from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=51369#post51369

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

I have now asked for my money back and I got a respone saying:

"in our terms ...you can not get refunds...."

Slysoft seems rather 'sly' to me.

Did you have trouble reading the bolded "Important Note" and highlighted blue text on purchase page before you made your purchase? Pretty hard to miss . . .

from http://www.slysoft.com/purchase.html

"Important Note
Our products are sold as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you purchase. SlySoft Inc. does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products, so please take your time with the evaluation."

Well, that's what it used to say.

It nows states the following:

"Important Note
Our products are offered as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you proceed here and actually make a purchase. If you proceed here you accept our purchase terms and SlySoft Inc. does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products.
Download products for evaluation from the Download page, not here."

Last edited:
I have purchased CloneDVD mobile and reported the audio sync problem. I have offered to:

1) Debug the app for them
2) log any traces traces

I have also uploaded a whole DVD to a web site, but all they could do bang on about was my machine spec and also said:

I have provided all the info requested I have and they don't even seem to simply say - "

"yes, we will look into it, thanks for helping us try to solve the issue"

I also mentioned PocketDivXEncoder that solved the problem but they just don't seem to want to recognise that fact.

Our main issue is actually that we cannot reproduce most of the various "out of sync" errors in our labs, not even if we order exactly the movie and use the same version and settings our customers use.

It simply does not happen to us and apparently those "out of sync" issues only happen to some customers, only with some movies and only with some output formats and those all differ from each other.

We have a huge database with system information and a task force trying to find out similiarities and patterns.
This phantom has been around us for quite some time now and unfortunately, we have to tell you that many of these issues are homemade by some customers and thus it takes some time to find the source.
Improving our services and products is a permanent work in progress, especially in our business.
That we did not respond to your proposal the way you would have wished us to is definitely not a sign of neglect and we apologize if you got that impression.
We simply have our own solution which requires our full attention.
In general, we are of course open for suggestions and we appreciate any constructive criticism or new ideas.

Dear Madam,

All I want to do is fix the problem, so please tell me what I need to do. My point here is that there seems not to be an acceptance that there is an issue and that slow PCs may have the issue and not quicker ones which to me seems a fob off. The latest quote from my officially logged support call is inflammatory in itself.

"So you have an audio sync problem but you cannot hear it? Really, how are we going to support you if you don't even know if the audio is behind or ahead? This sounds like you refer to other people's problems rather than having an own issue."

I never said I can't hear the audio problem however the audio is out of sync so slightly that is hard to judge whether it is ahead or behind.

As an aside it interests me that as customers we can receive interesting comments privately but publicly customers are not allowed to vent any dissatisfaction - very much akin to a some sort of dictatorship without any negative censorship from the people.

I am sure this post will be deleted as it is not a complete compliment but, once again, what do I need to do to help you solve the problem? I'll do what ever is required:

1) I have all visual studio version from 6 to 2005 to assist - a debug build could be issued
2) I'll log any traces for you.
3) I have provided my complete machine spec
4) I have provided the settings used in CloneDVdMobile
5) I have provided a copy of the DVD decoded by AnyDVD

I can provide the encoded avi if required, so please tell me what to do to help and please note (I have mentioned this 3 times) that PocketDivXEncoder fixed the issue so the developer there does accept there is a problem and has developed a fix for it.

yours

cad

In reply to Webslinger

I did try 'before I bought' and the problem unfortunately arose on the first DVD I tried after purchase. Bad luck I suppose.

cad

As an aside it interests me that as customers we can receive interesting comments privately but publicly customers are not allowed to vent any dissatisfaction

You can, but be civil about it. What you posted previously was hardly constructive, and I don't feel like quoting you to prove my point; it's blatantly apparent. Moreover, criticizing Slysoft for not refunding money when they not only offer a fair 21 day free trial period--but also highlight the fact that they do not offer refunds on the purchase page immediately before a customer can even make a purchase--is little more than petty, frankly. If you think Clonedvd mobile is not worth your money after the 21 day free trial period, then don't buy it.

very much akin to a some sort of dictatorship without any negative censorship from the people

You can either follow the forum rules--or leave. Your choice.
The forum rules exist for a reason. I enforce them. :policeman:

I can understand being frustrated about bugs or issues that you're having, but if you want something fixed then what you posted (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=64306&postcount=109 ) isn't going to help anything.

"So you have an audio sync problem but you cannot hear it? Really, how are we going to support you if you don't even know if the audio is behind or ahead? This sounds like you refer to other people's problems rather than having an own issue."

Well, that third sentence seems a little odd. But the first two seem reasonable enough to me. When I troubleshoot in the Anydvd forums and people don't provide me with enough information, it's pretty frustrating (and impossible to help).

Anyway, I can certainly understand that you're frustrated, but please try to remain constructive and civil in your criticism. Thank you

Last edited:
Webslinger,

Thanks for your comments - as said, happy to provide any information to Slysoft, I've been a developer for 12 years so happy to do anything to help.

As previously stated its hard to tell if the audio is ahead or behind....happy to upload the avi to a sylsoft FTP site and the DVD source is available to slysoft - quite good of me to put 6GB of data available on a website I thought. When one offers so much its grinds when it is rebuffed.

cad

Webslinger,

Thanks for your comments - as said, happy to provide any information to Slysoft, I've been a developer for 12 years so happy to do anything to help.

As previously stated its hard to tell if the audio is ahead or behind....happy to upload the avi to a sylsoft FTP site and the DVD source is available to slysoft - quite good of me to put 6GB of data available on a website I thought. When one offers so much its grinds when it is rebuffed.

cad

I wish I could help you. Unfortunately, I don't really use this program. I do know that Slysoft is working on some bugs with respect to Clonedvd Mobile. I don't know if what they're working on will help you (I hope so).

Hi,

I've been a Slysoft:bowdown: user for a long time and I had no sync problems until a couple months ago when I downloaded the latest update of Divx. Maybe just a coincidence but I thought I'd let you guys know.

I use PocketDivXEncoder to correct the sync.

Regards,
Col

Interesting - I thought the DIvX encoder was build into the code........logically I'm not sure how it does that as I would guess the software uses a DirectX graph which would use the registered DiVX COM object and that would be the latest one insalled?

Don't know really just hypothesizing. I've not been asked for my DivX installed version. Note that the audio sync issues happen with AutoGK and XVID and it has been suggested it is to do with the rip of the DVD...

cad

Interesting - I thought the DIvX encoder was build into the code........logically I'm not sure how it does that as I would guess the software uses a DirectX graph which would use the registered DiVX COM object and that would be the latest one insalled?

No, CloneDVD mobile doesn't use any installed DivX codec to generate the files, I think what colman69 meant, was the actual playback.

I've been a Slysoft:bowdown: user for a long time and I had no sync problems until a couple months ago when I downloaded the latest update of Divx. Maybe just a coincidence but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Now thanks for that information, that might actually help. The problem with these A/V sync issues so far was, that I couldn't make it show up - ever. Not on any PC not on any mobile device.
I'll have a look at it with the latest DivX...

Umm....interesting..

I think I posted this in my support log but I am decoding using XVID latest version. How are you considering the aspect that PocketDivXEncoder fixes the sync? The fact that I am using XVID and another user is playing back with DVIX and PocketDiVXEncoder fixes the problem would suggest that is it not the decoder.

Is there anything I can run that will produce a video to audio listing i.e. which audio frame is associated with which video frame. I can then run 'what ever that maybe' on the problem file and the pocketdivxencode fixed file.

Do you have FTP as I can use VDubMod to send you the first minute of both files?

cad

Peer, I have PM'd you with the download details of two avi files

1) straight from CloneDVDMobile
2) audio corrrectly synched by using PocketDIVXEncoder on the CloneDVDMobile file

Also, I am happy to open up my machine to you over the internet for debugging purposes using whatever your preferrred remote access application may be....**
cad

Peer, I have PM'd you with the download details of two avi files

1) straight from CloneDVDMobile
2) audio corrrectly synched by using PocketDIVXEncoder on the CloneDVDMobile file

Also, I am happy to open up my machine to you over the internet for debugging purposes using whatever your preferrred remote access application may be....**
cad

Thanks for the files.
I tried both using the latest DivX codec 6.7.0, both files play identically and perfectly in sync.
This A/V-sync issue keeps haunting me - it simply a ghost from my position.
:(

So what do you want me to try? Do you want to try debugging on my machine? Is there anything we can do to analyse the 2 files? The files are different sizes....

clip-sync-issue.avi - 25,614,336 bytes
clip-sync-issue-resynced - 25,604,152 bytes

which is interesting...

Back