• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

updates

Using PocketDivx encoder, I was able to fix my one movie out of synch.

My 100% CPU problem on my videos folder was caused by a corrupt AVI. I ran te AVI the PocketDivx which created a new AVI. After deleting the original AVI, the 100% CPU stopped occuring.

Audio Sync

I finally got around to the testing I said I'd do back on my 11th April 2007 post. And as it turns out, when I uncheck "Deinterlace video material" my sync problem goes away. With it checked, I usualy had a sync problem, but not always. I've done maybe 10 generic DivX's unchecked, all 100% aok. So simple, at least for me. Apparently, there is very little consistancy with this problem, but maybe this will help someone else who has the same situation as me. :) <Jack>

Sync Problems

Can't wait to try your solution. I recently purchased an Archos 604 and have only downloaded the trial version of the is software. However, when I rip DVDs the audio sync is terrible. The mouths are noticeably off, and rather than getting better they get worse as they go on. On one small rip, a 5 minute music video, the song finished first and there were several minutes of audio remaining which continued to play. Completely unwatchable. I am not trying the new device configuration posted in this forum for H264, hoping this is better. I really hesitate to buy a license of this product if the result is video I cannot watch.

My second problem is subtitles, and it seems from this forum that others have this problem with no resolution. I am a fan of foreign film (or at least foreign to me) and although I get the option to select subtitles, even when English is selected no subtitles appear. Impossible for me to watch a film with a Chinese soundtrack with no subtitles. Again, if there is no resolution to this I hesitate to spend money to buy this product. It seems easy, I really like it, but I have to come up with a usable result.

Just out of curiosity does everyone with issues have addtional codec packs installed?. I removed my packs and it fixed quite a lot of issues.

Matt.

Hi all...

I'm having audio sync problems too with every dvd I've ever tried (Tommyboy, Baseketball, Joe Dirt, Team America, and many more). I've also tried a couple different versions of Clone DVD Mobile, including the latest version.

What sucks is that Clone DVD Mobile has the best quality and is the fastest I've used (averaging 15-20 mins per dvd), but the audio sync just sucks. I've tried Xilisoft DVD to MP4 but takes a little too long (at least 30-45 mins) and the "medium" quality isn't as good as CDM's and is still about 80-100mb larger than CDM's conversions. The Xilisoft "excellent" quality looks great, but the files are around 600mb. So far the only thing Xilisoft has over CDM is that it doesn't have the audio sync issue :( Oh yeah, I also love CDM's option to choose whatever frame you want to use as the thumbnail rather than other programs that just take the first frame (unless I'm an idiot and don't know how to do it).

It would be great if this could be resolved. Previous versions of PSP Video 9 have taken at least an hour.

WinXP SP2, AMD X2 4400+, 1gb ram, latest Clone DVD Mobile and AnyDVD

TIA!

Last edited:
To minimise the possibility of Audio Sync problems, I have adopted the following:

- Make sure that the "deinterlace" checkbox is unchecked.
- Choose the AC3/2 audio track from the DVD (not the default AC/6 track)

I have been using this for a while now and I can't see any audio sync problems when I play the encoded files on an Archos 504.

Archie

I just started using clonedvd mobile yesterday and therefore have not had the opportunity to try many of my dvd's but I did notice this sync problem and I agree it is very annoying as you do start to watch peoples lips, doors being closed etc rather than enjoying the movie. :(

Naturally I was very disappointed given the excellent quality:agree: of the Slysoft products that I have purchased (i.e. all the clones and anydvd).

However upon reading this thread I am again a happy camper8), so to speak. As it has been stated a number of times to fix out of sync files goto the site http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/ and click on the download tab for the FREE software. This program requires no installation (could be used on a usb drive). Once downloaded double click on the program, at the bottom of the window is a button for correct audio/ video syncronisation - click this, browse to your file highlight it and click open, your file will now be resync'd.

It took a minute for to resync the avi I had created in divx for underworld evolution, (size just short of 1Gb).

I have every faith in the :bowdown: team fixing the bug once they find it but until then it isn't a killer to use this method to patch the problem.

In case it helps here is the log file produced after conversion (for those who may be working on this problem):-

PocketDivXEncoder (0.3.60) - translated by Delanyj

Template selected : Archos AV700 series

./mencoder.exe "D:\Portable\UNDERWORLD_divx.avi" -noodml -audio-preload 1.0 -delay 0.2 -ovc copy -oac copy -ffourcc XVID -o "D:\Portable\UNDERWORLD_divx_resynched.avi" >> 1.txt 2>> 2.txt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting .\mencoder.exe...
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron D Northwood/Xeon Prestonia/Gallatin (Family: 15, Stepping: 9)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0xac2e566
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO: [DIVX] 640x480 24bpp 25.000 fps 676.7 kbps (82.6 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:3 fourcc:0x58564944 size:640x480 fps:25.00 ftime:=0.0400
videocodec: framecopy (640x480 24bpp fourcc=58564944)
Forcing output fourcc to 44495658 [XVID]
Building audio filter chain for 0Hz/0ch/s16le -> 0Hz/0ch/??...
audiocodec: framecopy (format=55 chans=2 rate=48000 bits=0 B/s=16000 sample-384)
Writing AVI header...
ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.
ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.

Writing AVI index...
Fixing AVI header...

Video stream: 676.672 kbit/s (84583 B/s) size: 149419273 bytes 1766.520 secs 44163 frames

Audio stream: 128.000 kbit/s (16000 B/s) size: 28269696 bytes 1766.856 secs

Is there any news on this CloneDVDmobile issue being fixed ?

Is there any news on this CloneDVDmobile issue being fixed ?
the problem is that the 'out of sync' issue doesnt appear to be very widespread (ie majority of users dont have this problem.i dont have this problem incidentally).
so that is probably why there is no major rush to find out why it affects only certain computers.

the problem is that the 'out of sync' issue doesnt appear to be very widespread (ie majority of users dont have this problem.i dont have this problem incidentally).
so that is probably why there is no major rush to find out why it affects only certain computers.

When you say "certain computers" are you suggesting this is a hardware rather than software issue ?

Thanks

Dobbs

When you say "certain computers" are you suggesting this is a hardware rather than software issue ?

Thanks

Dobbs
possibly.i really dont know.but there haven't been any updates to the clonedvdmobile program to rectify the problem so it might not be a fault with the software-or everyone would experience it.
i had this problem happen a lot with an avs program i use and they where bringing out update after update and now that one works perfectly (but i only used it to convert one video format to another video format).

possibly.i really dont know.but there haven't been any updates to the clonedvdmobile program to rectify the problem so it might not be a fault with the software-or everyone would experience it.

Or a local system effect - combination of hardware, codecs and other software installed plus CloneDVD mobile. Difficult for the developers to pin down unless as much information as possible is provided, not just the DVD title and CloneDVDMobile settings.

Slysoft should publish a blank template with information they require for the user to fill-in, rather than assume that the users know what might be important. It would be much more efficient.

That template idea would be good.

I use a free system info program (see http://www.gtopala.com/ ) that can easily get all the info they would need. I checked the video/audio codec section and it lists everthing in the machine with version numbers which can be exported to a text file using the right mouse button. Hardware is just as easy to report on all I need to know is what do they need to know to help with this problem.

How to address A/V-Synch

I did post a list of required information some time ago, unfortunatey nobody seemed to care to give that input.
Our problem here is in fact, that we never managed to reproduce any kind of A/V-synch problem, so there really is no way we could address that
"issue". It's a ghost to us, really.

FYI: the CloneDVD mobile package is 100% self-contained, so the encoding process does not depend on any installed codecs or other software or even DLLs.
The only components that might have some potential impact are the processor types (since code is optimized for different processors, certain code paths work differently on intel/AMD).

Then it would be good to know, if the synch problem also depends on the playback environment (might be that the encoding does favour the synch problem, but some players will fix it and others won't).
Or is it just that the audio is so little off that simple people like me just won't notice or care, while others do?

I too am seeing this problem on v1.1.4.1. The sync is only a nat’s cock out but enough to spoil the rip. At the moment I'm using AutoGK to rip well over 100 films to a file size of 1GB and the quality is fantastic when enabling double pass encoding but I like the ease of use and cropping feature of CloneDVD Mobile but until this problem is resolved I will not be switching or indeed purchasing a copy.
As a test I’m using HOT FUZ on my 2Ghz Core Duo Mobile XP MCE PC. I have tried all quality settings and the problem is still there, I even tried setting affinity to one core but still the sync problem remains.
Regards

waste of time

i FEEL STUPID EVEN WRITING THIS. Im guessing like every other time someone has added to this post, no one will be helping.
I use the Archos 700 and ripped 300 to it and the sound was way off.

Help please......anyone....Bueller...Bueller...?

i FEEL STUPID EVEN WRITING THIS. Im guessing like every other time someone has added to this post, no one will be helping.
I use the Archos 700 and ripped 300 to it and the sound was way off.

does the file only play out of sync on the archos unit?
or is it out of sync when you watch it on the computer too?
also,
try cleaning the registry using ccleaner:
http://www.ccleaner.com/download.
defrag the hard drive to compact files so you end up with lots of free space all in one place so clonedvdmobile can write a continous file.
make sure when clonedvdmobile is doing it's thing that is all your computer is doing-so,CLOSE all open programs (no surfing,photo editing,listening to music,running virus scans etc...).
these are all things that work for ME.
i have no audio/sync problems when i use clonedvdmobile.

Me too!

Well, I have the same problem. It is a problem with converting to any format with mencoder.exe (MediaCoder, I have the same problem). Most people don't notice it, especially in slow, short clips.

It is from using DirectShowSource as I have gathered from the Internet. It can be from an average 2 seconds if the audio is being downmixed, to 250 ms from just being transcoded. It is usually not apparent in slow motion or unspecific action (yawns, slow speech, etc.). However, when button pressing or quick speech occurs, it is noticeable. But, however, the lag isn't exactly constant, either. For every hour of video, the lag is behind double the starting lag. So, if the video is starts at 100 ms off, it is 200 at the hour mark, 300 at 2 hours, etc. Because it isn't constant, offsetting just doesn't work with long pictures unless you split you into chapters files. One program I found doesn't have this problem (I think!). The freeware program Handbrake (google it!) has mpeg-4, xvid, and h.264 encoding support and audio support for aac and mp3. It'll even downmix 5.1 to Dolby Prologic or Surround. But until the people behind MediaCoder and CloneDVD Mobile listen, this IS the one of the alternates to them.

Last edited:
Anyone managed to fix it??

Have AnyDVD, downloaded trial version of clonedvdmobile to backup and transfer to Archos AV700. But have the same sync problem as everyone else(DivX). As funny as it is watching man on fire, looking like is it a cheap 'dubbed' film..... I would enjoy it more if it was in sync. Am happy to provide more info if need be

Cheers if anyone can help!

i havent had problems with AVI only WMV. I used to have audio sync problems but once I upgraded my video card i no longer have that problem on my PC. As for mobile devices I havent seen anything yet, but I havent had the time to watch everything yet.

Back