• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

Thank you for finally acknowledging the issue, that's all we wanted, we weren't expecting an *immediate* fix. But of course, please keep us informed of updates to this problem. Thanks.
Slysoft has always prided themselves as having the best products and excellent customer support. The people here work day and night to make the products the best they can be. I will keep you all imformed and have a tech look into it. Like I said I am not having any audio sych issues but that does not mean that others are not. There are many factors that come into play here and I will look into all I can, but it has to be reproduced to be fixed. I am in region 1, sometimes audio in different regions can be dubbed, I am just guessing. This could cause a synching issue. Again I am just guessing. Please give me time to sort this. Could someone post the name of a DVD and regions and all other pertainent information please.:agree:

I'm in region 2, and the problem has occurred with every DVD I've attempted to encode into DivX/AVI (about 10). I'm running CloneDVDMobile v1.1.4.0 by the way, and as I mentioned earlier, the sync seems to be out by about half of the audio preload value (as seen in VirtualDub's Audio Interleaving dialogue).

Not everyone has made it clear whether it's DivX or another encoding option that's giving them problems, perhaps it would help if everyone could state this precisely?

Last edited:
I'm in region 2, and the problem has occurred with every DVD I've attempted to encode into DivX/AVI (about 10). I'm running CloneDVDMobile v1.1.4.0 by the way, and as I mentioned earlier, the sync seems to be out by about half of the audio preload value (as seen in VirtualDub's Audio Interleaving dialogue).

Not everyone has made it clear whether it's DivX or another encoding option that's giving them problems, perhaps it would help if everyone could state this precisely?
That would help alot, thankyou MarcusT.:clap:

Are you sure you have the framerate set to PAL, not NTSC. Sometimes these problems are in the settings

Are you sure you have the framerate set to PAL, not NTSC. Sometimes these problems are in the settings

Absolutely guaranteed to have nothing to do with it... if it was then one would logically expect the sync to run away over time, but it's absolutely consistent throughout - it's merely offset by approximately 250ms...

Absolutely guaranteed to have nothing to do with it... if it was then one would logically expect the sync to run away over time, but it's absolutely consistent throughout - it's merely offset by approximately 250ms...
I was just guessing MarcusT, like I said, I cannot duplicate this, but I do not doubt for 1 second that you are having problems, I am sorry for that, and will my best to have a tech look into this asap. :(

I am in the US (region 1 i think) but have tried dvds from England and china. Also have done with original disks i have used clondDVD disks. I have used a Dell Optiplex, a Gateway and HP Pavillion zd8000 with no problems in sync.
Using XP Pro on all machines. Always using Divx/AVI.

Maybe this will help narrow good vs evil

Shouldn't it be possible for Mobile to 'know' the format and set accordingly after reading the disk?

Slysoft has always prided themselves as having the best products and excellent customer support. The people here work day and night to make the products the best they can be. I will keep you all imformed and have a tech look into it. Like I said I am not having any audio sych issues but that does not mean that others are not. There are many factors that come into play here and I will look into all I can, but it has to be reproduced to be fixed. I am in region 1, sometimes audio in different regions can be dubbed, I am just guessing. This could cause a synching issue. Again I am just guessing. Please give me time to sort this. Could someone post the name of a DVD and regions and all other pertainent information please.:agree:

If someone wanted to send me their problem dvd (or even a cloneDVD) I would be happy to try it here on my 3 machines

Shouldn't it be possible for Mobile to 'know' the format and set accordingly after reading the disk?

Exactly, and audio has no concept of FPS anyway, 1 second of audio is simply spread through 1 second of video no matter what the framerate.

Exactly, and audio has no concept of FPS anyway, 1 second of audio is simply spread through 1 second of video no matter what the framerate.
Like I said, I am not the delveloper, I am just a Moderator on the forum, I can help with things I can reproduce, but I cannot rewrite the program, maybe it does do this, I do not know. I can do no more than pass on your problems to the delvelopers and let them see if they can help you. Sometime what you think might be easy , is not. The are many different variables that come into play when writing software, and nothing is perfect, all issues will be sorted if possible, that I can promise.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with a Region 1 (USA) DVD.
It was fine with CloneDVD.
With CloneDVDMobile, the completed file audio was slightly behind the video.

Also, some of you mentioned settings options in DVDMobile.
Where are they? I couldn't see any options for it.

Thank you SlyFox 1 for coming back to us - sorry for not catching up with this development sooner :p

I am using region 2 and converting to PSP, none of the DVD's I've ripped are dubbed. As MarcusT points out the sync is only out by a fraction of a second and it's really annoying to watch.

I have CloneDVD and have NEVER had a problem.

I'm sure I speak for all when I say that we are very grateful that you are looking into this issue for us :)

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with a Region 1 (USA) DVD.
It was fine with CloneDVD.
With CloneDVDMobile, the completed file audio was slightly behind the video.

Also, some of you mentioned settings options in DVDMobile.
Where are they? I couldn't see any options for it.

1) is the result the same using the original dvd and the clone?
2) have you tried same on another machine?

Hi Folks,

first of all - sorry, for getting back to you so late, but please understand, that this forum is very new (1 or 2 weeks, right?).
And we're all very busy with a lot of things right now - especially, the development of AnyDVD HD is using up much of our capacity at the moment. So sorry...

Now back to your problems concerning A/V-sync: of course we are aware, that some of you do have such problems.
Trouble is: none of us - this means not one from the slysoft team - has ever been able to reproduce this effect on any PC. Even though the setups are all very different.

We have some 2000 DVDs around for testing. All sorts of regions, NTSC and PAL about 50/50.

I myself have done a lot of testing in this direction and a/v is always 100% sync.

What makes the reproduction more difficult, is that we never got enough information, to really "copy" the exact steps of a user. Our support asked back several times for additional information, like the exact DVD titles that were used and other information, like the installed versions of DivX for playback and so on.
Oddly, this information always remained a secret....
Funny enough, you can see what I mean in this thread. Slyfox 1 posted some posts ago, that it would be helpful to know the DVD titles that are causing this problem. Still there is no one "coming out" with this info... :confused:

Answers like "all DVD titles" are of limited use, as I don't know, what exactly you all have on your shelves.

So please believe me, that we certainly are very much interested in fixing this problem for you. It's simply that so far we aren't able to. Just can't.

Ok, long prelude, let's get to business: can you please gather some information here, including:

• DVD titles (including region code or even better: country)
  • A/V-sync problem observed on what player (type of software player and version of codec in use / or mobile device)
  • Some info regarding computer hardware might also be helpful, though not really likely - you never know.
  • The exact settings used in CloneDVD mobile, deinterlacing on/off, quality setting, resolution, ...
  • Anything I'm not thinking of right now
If we do manage to reproduce this effect just once, we're a large step closer to a solution.

Thank You

Thank you for responding, I hope that you can figure out what is going on, but in any case I just wanted to say that there is some great customer service with this company for being so prompt. The only thought I have is that maybe the problem is with the speed of the computer being used. Someone once told me that could pose a problem. It's just a thought, but maybe it can help. :)

Hi Peer,
I am one that submitted a support tickte for this, i am not sure, but i also run clonedvd on the same pc, not sure if this has an impact but it did conflict at one point.
And nop matter what i do, any output from the mobile version is out of sync.
Any info you need to reporduce this, feel free to ask i will provide.
Funny thing is i have no problems with clonedvd standard, only with the mobile version, i have many codecs installed, any chance that one of thoise library could have a conflict with the mobile version?

Hi peer.
The disk I used was "Air Buddies," 320x180 (Creative Zen Vision), Deinterlace-On, Letterbox zoom-none, USA region 1.

Back