• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio sync issues

selenium

I find it odd that nobody seems to have posted issues with the audio being out of sync with the video.

I have tried two different computers. One has wired connection with 70Mbs+ connection, and both of sufficient CPU, RAM etc. It happens with both Amazon and Netflix. I have tried recording with nothing else occurring either on the PC or on the network.

After about 10 minutes the audio goes out of sync by about 1 second. At some point it does resync but it happens off and on throughout the recording.

It does not happen when I stream directly from the provider.

I have done extensive testing, over 500 hours of TV shows and movies and I have never experienced this, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening, it's just not happening to me. Please upload a .log file and let us see what's going on.

this happens to me too.
when I play a movie downloaded in mp4 it is very (one second) out of sync. I think the mediaplayer mede8er can not reproduce this mp4 file right.
So I convert it to mkv.
Now it is from the beginning out of sync but only a few milliseconds. My mediaplayer mede8er can now fix this.
So I have to click at the beginning of the movie a few times to enjoy.

its also out of sync in mkv to and on my tv :( really annoying

I am sorry to know that, but I can't do a thing without logs and titles in question.

The first time I encountered this is with the Highlander series. The whole series is slightly to a lot out of sync. Not sure if it is because for some reason the show is released in a wide screen version. When clearly the show was from the 4:3 era of the filming.

I bought the life time licence too. And also encountered this with the movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" (german version). But I watched the movie on AP too and there the movie was also asynchronous.

Does AS copy the stream 1:1 or is AS fixing something at the end of the download process?

The video and audio is 1:1 from what I can see (by looking at encrypted file vs. AS decrypted) as the size matches, but impossible to compare since obviously they are completely different bytes. AS does repack the streams into a mp4 container, so if there is an error it could be in that part. Have you tried manually demuxing and remuxing w/ something like ffmpeg? I haven't run across this but also haven't checked every file.

It seems to be a random sync problem, like some parts of the videos are in sync & then some are out of sync.

Attached a log file since nobody else seems to be doing so.

Attachments

• Amazon-My Baby’s Daddy.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Unfortunately the videos I downloaded I had already deleted the log files for. I did a new download yesterday and that was completely fine!

I am wondering if the difference was perhaps the one I downloaded yesterday was a newish film (2014) whereas the previous out of sync files were oldish films ( Back to the Future, National Lampoon). Perhaps a different audio codec?

Next time I download a video which is out of sync (presumably older film) I will upload the log file.

I was looking into audio sync on something I tried downloading and ffprobe gave the following warning:

"Invalid SampleDelta (large negative number) in STTS, at 0 st:2"

This may be benign, see https://lists.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.8/mov_8c_source.html#l02721, but the value doesn't look like a valid timestamp: converted to hex, it's 0x80e8xxxx.

Do the devs want the astlog for this file? (If so, are astlogs safe to post publicly? Couldn't NF or AZ look at the title and timestamps and identify the user?)

Unfortunately the videos I downloaded I had already deleted the log files for. I did a new download yesterday and that was completely fine!

I am wondering if the difference was perhaps the one I downloaded yesterday was a newish film (2014) whereas the previous out of sync files were oldish films ( Back to the Future, National Lampoon). Perhaps a different audio codec?

Next time I download a video which is out of sync (presumably older film) I will upload the log file.
Yes, please do.

Do the devs want the astlog for this file? (If so, are astlogs safe to post publicly? Couldn't NF or AZ look at the title and timestamps and identify the user?)
We can't speak for Netflix or Amazon. However, it is not impossible (given certain amount of effort, of course). If you feel uncomfortable posting your log file here, you could always contact RedFox support at https://www.redfox.bz/support.html
You will not be able to attach a log there, but you could attach it to your reply to our reply.

I am running the latest stable version of AnyStream (1.0.9.0) viewing TV series downloaded from Netflix on a Dune HD Pro 4k Plus II Android TV box.
If I just play the mp4 file from the beginning, everything is in sync.
But if I Pause or Rewind or Fast-Forward or simply stop then restart the programme, then the audio goes out of sync by up to a couple of seconds and the programme becomes unwatchable!

At first I thought this was a Dune player problem as the downloaded programmes play fine in VLC and do not go out of sync after FF or RW.
But other mp4 files (not downloaded using AnyStream) play fine on the Dune?

So I did a remux to mkv without recoding using Avidemux_2.7 and the Dune plays those files absolutely in sync no matter what rewinding/fast forward I do.
Therefore I think the problem must be with the mp4 stream downloaded by Anystream?
Perhaps it plays ok in VLC because it uses software decoding and my Dune uses hardware?

Can someone please check this and get back to me.

I am running the latest stable version of AnyStream (1.0.9.0) viewing TV series downloaded from Netflix on a Dune HD Pro 4k Plus II Android TV box.
If I just play the mp4 file from the beginning, everything is in sync.
But if I Pause or Rewind or Fast-Forward or simply stop then restart the programme, then the audio goes out of sync by up to a couple of seconds and the programme becomes unwatchable!

At first I thought this was a Dune player problem as the downloaded programmes play fine in VLC and do not go out of sync after FF or RW.
But other mp4 files (not downloaded using AnyStream) play fine on the Dune?

So I did a remux to mkv without recoding using Avidemux_2.7 and the Dune plays those files absolutely in sync no matter what rewinding/fast forward I do.
Therefore I think the problem must be with the mp4 stream downloaded by Anystream?
Perhaps it plays ok in VLC because it uses software decoding and my Dune uses hardware?

Can someone please check this and get back to me.
The latest version is 1093 and its stable for most.

Not one person in this thread (except zonedOutt) will upload a logfile from 1093, so without that its very hard to see what the issue is.

It seems to be a random sync problem, like some parts of the videos are in sync & then some are out of sync.

Attached a log file since nobody else seems to be doing so.
Your logfile is from V1091, please upload a logfile from 1093, the latest version.

Back