• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Audio problem

Clarity3

Being new to AnyStream I am wondering if I am making mistakes.

I downloaded the Eras Tour (Taylor Swift) having first watched the title. I noticed the audio was Dolby Atmos and proved excellent on my Atmos arranged AV system.

In the download setup the audio ‘Track’ default is ‘DD+ 6channels’, the other two offered being stereo. I left the defaults for both video and audio download.

After transferring the output to a media acceptable to my Blu-ray player I watched and listened to the result via the same AV system. The video seemed as good as the direct play but the audio had changed. It was no longer Dolby Atmos with the audio output shared equally with the front and rear surrounds, making the centre significantly overshadowed. In addition during a piano section, the audio reminded me of those cheap cassette players from yesteryear that warbled on playback.

It will be good to know if someone has spotted my error or can give some advice.

Maybe it is a player issue. Can you post a logfile (that only works if AS is still open or you redownload the title)? Or post the properties of the downloaded file. Use MediaInfo for the best result.

That's not an AS problem but is a result how you play that video in your system. Explain what you do in detail and we might can give some advice.

I have attached a log file from the download.

I use a USB A flash drive in my Blu ray player (DP-UB820). The playable media via USB is both MP4 and MKV with AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (DFF, DSF), FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA audio codecs. I have to convert the MP4 to an MKV container as, for some reason, audio does not play back from an MP4. I use VLC to do the conversion.

Attachments

• disney-Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour (Taylor's Version).astlog
    142.4 KB · Views: 2
To convert, use MKVToolnix and then create a log with MediaInfo. Upload this protocol here and try to play the MKV. Report how the playback is now.

Yes, I saw that and also AAC for MKV. Not sure why audio is only on and MKV but that is not the main issue.

Writing the file to a disc will also not solve the problem, particularly RW. I have a Denon AVC X6700 and thinking about getting the file over LAN. I see you also have a Denon and any advice will be good.

Isn't there an USB Port on that Denon?
You tried playing from there?

How about your TV? Maybe it supports more formats and you can feed the audio back through the ARC (Audio return channel) to your Denon.

I can try the TV, it is a Samsung QE65QN95A. I did also see the USB port on the Denon is for audio only.

I do have an intention of including a NAS at some point and using something like PLEX but I was hoping to do something with the AS file in the meantime.

Another possibility is a low cost streaming box with an USB port if the Samsung can't play it. Try the TV first.

Last edited:
According to the manual the Samsung should play it just fine. The TV has also eARC that can be fed to the Denon.

Last edited:
My TV has the 'one connect' box. This has three USB ports but I cannot find a manual to show the spec. I guess I will have to plug in the usb to see if it is recognised.

The eARC port is connected to the Denon.

That should work, just select the USB as input
Would be faster to connect it to your PC via network though ;)

There are many possibilities. PC HDMI to Denon being one of them, too.

Back