Audio Dropout, 4k, Partial ISO - A Quiet Place Part 2, Last Action Hero, Gattaca, Alita BA, Brave

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Tanquen, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Tanquen

Tanquen Well-Known Member

Here is one from the last test I did. Let me know if it's not the right one. I had created 4 different movie only ISOs at the time for the movie "2012".

You may want to check with Pete as I sent him some info last year on Alita but nothing ever happened.

Attached Files:

2. Fabian

Fabian Developer

I have a look; at first glance the peek bitrate is over the limit.

3. whirlpool

whirlpool Well-Known Member

Gattaca 4K UHD watched on Oppo 203 BDMV folder playback, flawless audio, no skips.

4. Tanquen

But I'm not using folder playback. With these 5 or so titles out of a 100+ the full ISO is fine but when I try to make a movie only ISO I get the little audio drop outs.

5. Tanquen

You can add Last Action Hero to the list.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  6. Tanquen

You can add A Quiet Place Part II to the list. :(

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  7. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

@Fabian , can you take a look? Users are a little frustrated by no update since almost a year. I also reported a glitch in 1.2.9.2 concerning the UHD -> BD conversion.

Glarioo and whatever_gong82 like this.
  8. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Without trying to sound sassy, I just assumed CloneBD was abondonware. We have not had an update or an AMD GPU fix for a few years now. I still use it and I still love it, really hope they have not given up on it.

Glarioo and whatever_gong82 like this.
  9. Glarioo

Glarioo Well-Known Member

10. Tanquen

You can add Free Guy to the list. :(

11. senam

senam Member

If we're still talking about films where the UHD ISO plays fine but the MKV has dropouts, you can add The Martian Extended Edition to the list. This is another movie with seamless branching and Dolby Atmos. The dropouts in the Extended version happen exactly when there is a switch from an .m2ts to another one. As is usual with these films, no issue when an audio track other than Atmos is selected. And of course the ISO plays just fine. I tried MakeMKV, I tried using ffmpeg.exe to convert the .m2ts segments into .mkv then combining them with mkvmerge.exe, and I evaluated CloneBD hoping it would succeed where others failed, but unfortunately it seems there is no way to play this film in 4K with Atmos using an MKV container without dropouts. I use Plex for my collection, but for this one I have to use KODI and play the ISO until a solution is found.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    whatever_gong82 likes this.
  12. Tanquen

Not really. I just make and ISO with only the move and 99% it works but I've had a number of them now where the are little jutters or stutters. :( Hopping they can fix it but it's looking like they don't have the time to fix it and or it's too hard to fix it.

13. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Try kodi latest version with the mkv. Plex has bugs that aren't fixed. Fast 9 is another one with massive audio problems in plex. It works fine after kodi was updated with a fix.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 and senam like this.
  14. senam

senam Member

You are right. Kodi 19.3 *can* play the UHD MKV of The Martian Extended Edition with Dolby Atmos and no audio dropouts! In the past I had tried the Plex add-on of Kodi but it worked like crap (for me anyway). But the Kodi player works perfectly. As a bonus, I love its "audio offset" feature. Fixing lip sync issues is a breeze with this. Hopefully Plex will get their player fixed eventually, but in the meantime I'll just use Kodi and play my MKVs directly from my SMB drive. Thanks for the tip! (For reference I use an Nvidia Shield 2017 as a player.)

whatever_gong82 and SamuriHL like this.