• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Dropout, 4k, Partial ISO - A Quiet Place Part 2, Last Action Hero, Gattaca, Alita BA, Brave

Here is one from the last test I did. Let me know if it's not the right one. I had created 4 different movie only ISOs at the time for the movie "2012".

You may want to check with Pete as I sent him some info last year on Alita but nothing ever happened.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.9.2.2012.cbdlog
    623.6 KB · Views: 1
I have a look; at first glance the peek bitrate is over the limit.

Gattaca also has a good number of audio dropouts micro skips. Has some at 33 minutes. I made another ISO and they are still there but move around a bit. Like the others, if I just play the full ISO all is well.

Gattaca 4K UHD watched on Oppo 203 BDMV folder playback, flawless audio, no skips.

Gattaca 4K UHD watched on Oppo 203 BDMV folder playback, flawless audio, no skips.
But I'm not using folder playback. With these 5 or so titles out of a 100+ the full ISO is fine but when I try to make a movie only ISO I get the little audio drop outs.

You can add Last Action Hero to the list.

Last edited:
Without trying to sound sassy, I just assumed CloneBD was abondonware. We have not had an update or an AMD GPU fix for a few years now. I still use it and I still love it, really hope they have not given up on it.

If we're still talking about films where the UHD ISO plays fine but the MKV has dropouts, you can add The Martian Extended Edition to the list. This is another movie with seamless branching and Dolby Atmos. The dropouts in the Extended version happen exactly when there is a switch from an .m2ts to another one. As is usual with these films, no issue when an audio track other than Atmos is selected. And of course the ISO plays just fine. I tried MakeMKV, I tried using ffmpeg.exe to convert the .m2ts segments into .mkv then combining them with mkvmerge.exe, and I evaluated CloneBD hoping it would succeed where others failed, but unfortunately it seems there is no way to play this film in 4K with Atmos using an MKV container without dropouts. I use Plex for my collection, but for this one I have to use KODI and play the ISO until a solution is found.

Last edited:
Not really. I just make and ISO with only the move and 99% it works but I've had a number of them now where the are little jutters or stutters. :( Hopping they can fix it but it's looking like they don't have the time to fix it and or it's too hard to fix it.

If we're still talking about films where the UHD ISO plays fine but the MKV has dropouts, you can add The Martian Extended Edition to the list. This is another movie with seamless branching and Dolby Atmos. The dropouts in the Extended version happen exactly when there is a switch from an .m2ts to another one. As is usual with these films, no issue when an audio track other than Atmos is selected. And of course the ISO plays just fine. I tried MakeMKV, I tried using ffmpeg.exe to convert the .m2ts segments into .mkv then combining them with mkvmerge.exe, and I evaluated CloneBD hoping it would succeed where others failed, but unfortunately it seems there is no way to play this film in 4K with Atmos using an MKV container without dropouts. I use Plex for my collection, but for this one I have to use KODI and play the ISO until a solution is found.
Try kodi latest version with the mkv. Plex has bugs that aren't fixed. Fast 9 is another one with massive audio problems in plex. It works fine after kodi was updated with a fix.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Try kodi latest version with the mkv. Plex has bugs that aren't fixed.

You are right. Kodi 19.3 *can* play the UHD MKV of The Martian Extended Edition with Dolby Atmos and no audio dropouts! In the past I had tried the Plex add-on of Kodi but it worked like crap (for me anyway). But the Kodi player works perfectly. As a bonus, I love its "audio offset" feature. Fixing lip sync issues is a breeze with this. Hopefully Plex will get their player fixed eventually, but in the meantime I'll just use Kodi and play my MKVs directly from my SMB drive. Thanks for the tip! (For reference I use an Nvidia Shield 2017 as a player.)

Can add the new The Kingsman movie to the list.

You guys like to have problems. Get a ConeOppo and you are done.

I'll be watching The Kingsman a bit later. Although I'll be watching Golden Circle and Kingsman on my new HTPC so there will be no audio issues for me.

You guys like to have problems. Get a ConeOppo and you are done.
I do not like to have problems. I was just adding it to the list in case they ever look at this again. Somebody kind of looked at it at some.

That's what I have. I'm watching movie only ISOs.

I'll be watching The Kingsman a bit later. Although I'll be watching Golden Circle and Kingsman on my new HTPC so there will be no audio issues for me.

It's only been on the list of titles but it's a disappointment. When it crops up. I can just go back to the full ISO image and watch it and it's fine.

I'm glad you never have any audio issues ever on your HTPC. I had a number of them on mine over the years but that was using power DVD but I haven't messed with that software in a long time.
What the hell

No powerdvd. I use up to date lav filters in jriver MC which is why I don't have problems. To be clear if I were to use my shield and watch these things in plex then yeah, problems. Kodi fixed their stuff a few months ago around the time f9 came out. You want a messed up audio experience that's definitely one for the record books. This is one of the big reasons I like using an htpc. Way more control over this kind of nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Back