• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Audio Bitrates / Actual Availability

The AK Monster

Hello!

One of the more common "complaints" seems to be the inability to consistently capture higher-bitrate audio as an available download option. For me, this is less of an issue; however, there is some content I purchase where I want to preserve surround sound. If I receive a program download screen that only shows non-surround sound audio, is there something being queued or saved on the drive - a data or log file pertaining to that program download - that might indicate other audio *should* be available? Something I can check to let me know if I should come back and try again later, or if I know that's as good as it gets and run with it...

-AK

Well, you could take a look at the manifest...
But I have no clue if AS just can't download it for no appearent reason (so it could be available later) or if there is more to it than meets the eye. I never checked these things so far. Maybe another user can help you here.

It all depends on the provider and the region. Sometimes when using a VPN you can hurt yourself by putting yourself in a different region.

Amazon seems to be the biggest offender. As for region? Is region relevant when the VPN connect point is in one state and I am in the neighboring state, and both are in the U.S.? I would have thought not, but I would never call myself the expert...

Amazon seems to be the biggest offender. As for region? Is region relevant when the VPN connect point is in one state and I am in the neighboring state, and both are in the U.S.? I would have thought not, but I would never call myself the expert...
Yes, you are correct Amazon is the biggest offender. Right now they have degraded the audio to Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. We are looking into it right now.

So we discovered something today. Worth mentioning if only to add to the knowledge base, or an opportunity for someone to say, "um, duh AK, you didn't know this?" (Happens all the time...)

Selecting an entire season almost guarantees a lower bitrate - if even one file reports back lower than the highest of all others, the "highest low" controls. OK, we knew that for a few weeks now. But what about individual episodes?

Same problem if we just click "Download" for the episode, although success rate is better.

But, clicking the "Select for download" box AND THEN clicking the individual episode "Download" button finds the 640k and does so...well so far 23 of 24 times in a single season.

Strange. But it works. And in this exercise, we take 'it works' no matter how we can find it!

So we discovered something today. Worth mentioning if only to add to the knowledge base, or an opportunity for someone to say, "um, duh AK, you didn't know this?" (Happens all the time...)

Selecting an entire season almost guarantees a lower bitrate - if even one file reports back lower than the highest of all others, the "highest low" controls. OK, we knew that for a few weeks now. But what about individual episodes?

Same problem if we just click "Download" for the episode, although success rate is better.

But, clicking the "Select for download" box AND THEN clicking the individual episode "Download" button finds the 640k and does so...well so far 23 of 24 times in a single season.

Strange. But it works. And in this exercise, we take 'it works' no matter how we can find it!
It may have seemed that way and I can understand why you thought it worked that way but. You have to make sure you highlight the exact stream you want to download on the first episode and you will get 640kbp/s on everything but the CBR codec with Amazon. The other providers have great audio also, but some are not as good as Amazon, and some are better.

I used to have this issue with Hulu, but with video. All episodes would show 1080p but individually were 4K. I think it was "How I met Your Father". In that series I remember it was episode 2 and 3 (S1) that were the offenders (which are 1080p to this day lol).

So far, RedFox1 advice is working well with Amazon. Thumbs up on that! Hulu however...wow, that's going to be another project. I think Hulu uses AI developed by the Spaceballs IT team to determine what content it shovels my way.

Back