• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Bitrate

royaltiger

Is it possible to adjust the audio bitrate in clone dvdmobile, i've gone over program a dozen times and cannot find anywhere that changes the audio bitrate, when converting to generic DivX audio default seems to be 128kbs, is it possible to raise this to say 192kbs or am I doing something wrong.

It's easy...

You need to edit the Devices.ini file.
Exit CloneDVD mobile.
Then do this:
Click start>Run.
Type:
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\Devices.ini
then press enter or click OK.
Find the [* Generic (DivX)] profile by scrolling down the profile lists. It's quite near the top.
Alter the bold number for ABRate=128. (try 160, 192, 224, 256 or 320).
The click File>Save, then File>Exit.

Remember, when you install an update to CloneDVD mobile, the Devices.ini file may well be overwritten so be sure to back it up first, then you can copy it back to the folder after updating.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike that worked a treat, I thought there would be a setting for changing sound bitrate in preferences, would never have known that was the way to do it, it did not want to save changes at first so had to change user permissions then saved after that. :bowdown:

Hi Guys,

I have followed your instructions Mike and I'm having the same problem that it wont let me save the change :bang:

Please could you help me regarding the changes you made to let you as I would like to pump the volume up a little as its not very loud on the Archos. Apart from that the picture quality is fantastic and Clone Mobile is the best I have ever used :agree:

Many thanks for your time.

I'm having the same problem that it wont let me save the change
Make sure CloneDVD mobile isn't running.

If that doesn't work regarding File>Save:

What is your operating system?

If it is Vista or Windows 7, then I cannot really advise as I'm on XP.
Try doing similar to what royaltiger did regarding user permissions.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

It is windows 7 pal -tried without program running and still no joy..

Its the user permissions bit that I cant seem to suss, if anyone can help me regarding what to do I would be very grateful..

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Hi Mike,

It is windows 7 pal -tried without program running and still no joy..

Its the user permissions bit that I cant seem to suss, if anyone can help me regarding what to do I would be very grateful..

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories - Right click Windows Explorer and select Run as Administrator.

Peruse to the file, edit and save.

Tried that pal ( thanks for your post ) but still no joy - it wont let me save the changes :bang::bang::bang:

what permissible bitrates are available for the generic MP4/AVC profile ? i'd like to step up the audio quality when using this profile ....

i'd also like to increase the video bitrate to 4Mbps, should i just input 4000 for "MaxVBitrate=", or must i also make a change to another line ?

Tried that pal ( thanks for your post ) but still no joy - it wont let me save the changes :bang::bang::bang:
Ah, use the same procedure to start Notepad elevated to Administrator Mode. Looks like the permissions are inherited after the INI is opened.

It'd be nice if the programmers added a "user" profile located in your personal folders so changes weren’t so awkward.

i'd also like to increase the video bitrate to 4Mbps, should i just input 4000 for "MaxVBitrate=",
Yes, that will work.
It should end up looking like this:
MaxVBitrate=4000

Last edited:
Yes, that will work.
It should end up looking like this:
MaxVBitrate=4000

thanks mike. would i also need to adjust the Quality= parameter as well ?
can i use 320 for my audio setting with MP4/AVC ?

would i also need to adjust the Quality= parameter as well ?
No.
Just by moving the slider all the way to the right, will enable you to (almost) achieve your video bitrate.

can i use 320 for my audio setting with MP4/AVC ?
I've tried values of 448, 320 and 256 for audio.
Analyzing the properties with MediaInfo, the audio always comes out at 164 kbps.

The default value (128 ) produces 127 kbps.
A value of 160 produces 158 kbps.

Last edited:
Hi Inland,

Right tried that and again it would not let me save but what happened this time was it let me save as a doc so I did that..

I then deleted the devices in the clone mobile folder and then dragged the file across from my docs file..

It then let me save the changes..

Will give it ago at the weekend and let you know the results pal..

Once again many thanks for your help on this matter pal..

ok, im going to try 256 for audio, but being able to set 4Mbps for video is a good thing, as my blu-ray encodes i also do at this bitrate ....

Back