1. RedFox is offering a discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until (Cyber-)Monday, November 28, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

ATI driver problems

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, Jun 4, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I ran into problems using the latest ATI driver, version 7-5_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_46757.exe, with my Sapphire X1950 Pro video card.

At first it seemed to install ok, but then I noticed that that my Samsung 940MW monitor didn't look right. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the resolution had been reduced to below the 1440X900 that I was expecting.

After that, I tried changing the resolution to 1440X900 but all I got was a black screen. I kept trying but eventually I wasn't able to change back from the black screen at all.

Luckily, my motherboard has onboard graphics so I was able to remove the X1950 video card, connect my monitor to the onboard vga, and boot into Vista to remove the ATI driver.

After shutting down, I reinstalled the X1950 and reconnected my monitor to it, then I booted back into Vista and installed the version 7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985.exe driver.

Finally, after restart, everything was working again.

It's a difficult problem to fix if you don't have onboard video like I do. For now, I'm sticking to driver version 7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985.exe.

2. pseudo555

pseudo555 Moderator (fr)

I think, it 's due to an bug on catalyst 7.5.

Try to contact ati/amd support.

3. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Merci que je jugerai. (I used an online translator so my French may suck)

I contacted them, but no reply as of yet.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007