• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ATI Anti Pop

Yea, so, any excl mode lock, once dropped, breaks the connection until another sound is played. Color me impressed. :bang: This is an improvement but hardly "fixed".

Funny as I'm not seeing that at all. On my system
1) Link establised to Windows Default during boot up
2) I can see the link being dropped then re-established at format change
3) I can see the link being dropped then re-established in TMT both on start up and close down
...but the link stays up in the last used mode after the progs have quit and I'm just in Desktop.

Again, Silent Stream is not an issue for me anyway on my HTPC but appart from brief drops as formats are changed or TMT starts/stops, this driver is maintaining a connection to my receiver.

SamuriHL is there a particular senario you would like me to test?

Thanks
Nathan

On startup, windows sound plays so it locks it into 8 channel PCM and all is well. And it'll stay in that mode just fine until I go to an excl mode lock. (I.e. opening TMT or PDVD). Once I open one of those, play something (which yes, drops and re-establishes the connection on format change for me, as well), then exit, my receiver is back to stereo which means the driver dropped the connection. Playing another windows sound re-establishes it until the next time an excl mode lock is created/released. So no, there's nothing you need to do, but, I don't see this as being fully fixed. Also, the silent stream bug doesn't bother me as I've gotten used to it now, but, when someone makes the claim it's fixed I want to make damn sure it's really fixed. So far, I'll put it in the "improved" category.

If anything, it is worse that it is inconsitant between systems. My link stays active (on quiting TMT), yours drops.....

Anyway...off to bigger things - trying to find out at what point I lost 96khz DTS-HD decoding to 96khz PCM! (now I only get 48khz)....

I don't have any 96hz DTS-HD MA material else I'd go test it out on my machine and see if it's universally broken. As for silent stream, meh, whatever. I've gotten over it being there. It doesn't cause any ill side effects with my Pio Elite.

still audio interruptions through HDMI

Hi,

I tried this ATI-anti-pop, but whitout any success. I still get some interruptions in the sound for about 1 second every 5 to 20 minutes only when sound go's over HDMI!

I've got a HP Pavillion dv7-4070eb with i5-430m, ATI HD5470 and Win7-64bit.

Thanks to Shark007: Win7-codecs v2.6.1 + x64 v2.6.4 + MPC Homecinema x64-rev1.3.2268 I don't have it every second anymore. I didn't need any other codec and could use any player without having audio-problems on the build in LCD and speakers, but most other players give even more shokking audio when using the HDMI!

Can anyone help me here please?

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like the silent stream issue though, and I'm not surprised that this "anti-pop" tool did nothing.

Just to let you guys know that the exact same issue occurs on recent nvidia cards with built-in HDMI out.
Those recent cards have an onboard Nvidia HD Audio chip built-in, they don't take spdif anymore.
Not only this renders your dedicated audio card/onboard audio obsolete, but of course as with everything software nvidia, it's completely ****** up, "pops" everywhere, no more hardware sound buffers, teh joy.
VERY glad I kept my old card. So buyer beware..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you guys know that the exact same issue occurs on recent nvidia cards with built-in HDMI out.
Those recent cards have an onboard Nvidia HD Audio chip built-in, they don't take spdif anymore.
Not only this renders your dedicated audio card/onboard audio obsolete, but of course as with everything software nvidia, it's completely ****** up, "pops" everywhere, no more hardware sound buffers, teh joy.
VERY glad I kept my old card. So buyer beware..

Watch the language, please.

Slysoft Forum Rules: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

• These forums are viewed by people of all ages. Be respectful of that and watch your language when posting. Profanities should be avoided and are frowned upon. Punishment will result from the violation of this rule.

Not working for me... the process is running in task manager but doesn't appear in the audio mixer. I'm win7x64, 5870, 11.3 drivers and ATI hdmi audio driver...

The 11.x drivers don't suffer from the silent stream bug.

sorry, perhaps i've misunderstood. i thought this app kept the stream open? what i mean is, every time sounds are created there's a gap as my AVR switches on - if i can keep the connection live all the time, there's no such gap. Doesn't this app do that? If not, what can I do? Thanks

That's the silent stream bug. It's been fixed in the AMD drivers for quite some time. Since 10.8 I believe. So if you're getting that, something else is wrong. That is what anti-pop was created for, but, it's no longer needed as the driver has been fixed.

oh no! you don't possibly have any idea what it could be? am already wrestling drivers with regard to getting full res through an amp!

I'm sorry, I don't. This problem annoyed the hell out of a lot of us for a LONG LONG time. However, as of I believe Catalyst 10.8 the problem has been resolved so I don't know what to tell you unfortunately. Anti-pop really shouldn't be necessary anymore. I don't know your setup, but, you could try the Realtek HDMI driver and see if that works any better. The downside is that driver isn't compatible with ArcSoft TMT.

I'm sorry, I don't. This problem annoyed the hell out of a lot of us for a LONG LONG time. However, as of I believe Catalyst 10.8 the problem has been resolved so I don't know what to tell you unfortunately. Anti-pop really shouldn't be necessary anymore. I don't know your setup, but, you could try the Realtek HDMI driver and see if that works any better. The downside is that driver isn't compatible with ArcSoft TMT.

Still isn't? You can still use ReClock, right?

Anyway, some receivers cut the audio when there is no sound.

See this for a possible (though unlikely IMO) solution:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=85928&st=25&p=738231&#entry738231

Also I should have remembered this when this question popped up in the past, but I had this same problem with the HK ARV254, the audio was cut by the receiver. I was using a 4550 at the time.

Still isn't? You can still use ReClock, right?

Anyway, some receivers cut the audio when there is no sound.

See this for a possible (though unlikely IMO) solution:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=85928&st=25&p=738231&#entry738231

Also I should have remembered this when this question popped up in the past, but I had this same problem with the HK ARV254, the audio was cut by the receiver. I was using a 4550 at the time.

If the receiver's doing it, then yea, you'll need something that keeps an audio connection open. Good times. As for ReClock, no, I can't use it as it breaks TMT5. And James has said he's not going to look into fixing it. I'm very close to dumping all commercial playback software anyway, so, it doesn't much matter to me anymore. I'm only missing one more feature in LAVF Splitter before I can fully get rid of commercial software for BD disc playback completely.

I'm sorry, I don't. This problem annoyed the hell out of a lot of us for a LONG LONG time. However, as of I believe Catalyst 10.8 the problem has been resolved so I don't know what to tell you unfortunately. Anti-pop really shouldn't be necessary anymore.
I'm confused because I finally upgraded a couple of months ago to 11.2, then 11.3 and 11.4 and as far as I can see they all still suffer from the old bug (sound is dropped completely when no audio is being played - all my channel input indicators onmy amp disappear during normal silence). On top of that they all seem to suffer from the "mute bug" - audio goes away and never returns after Windows audio is muted. So I'm currently using 11.4 with the old 10.7 audio driver, that I can "fix" with "anti-pop" and at least does not suffer the mute bug. :confused:

Back