• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ATI 5450+reclock no 24bit 96khz output?

kaydee6

I have just got an ATI 5450 display card and used it to send LPCM to my yamaha v1700 receiver (no HD bitsream decoding capability).
I am currently using Relteak V2.42-6034 driver for audio driver. I played mkv files with MPC-HC with internal audio filter, checked reclock and it shows audio stream is 48000hz and 16bit. BD iso playback with TMT 3 is also the same.
Reclock is set for WASAPI exclusive mode.
I have also set the sound properties in windows ATI HDMI AUDIO to 24bit 96khz but reclock still shows 48000 and 16bit.
I googled around and see that reclock does not support 24/96 in wasapi excl mode and read something about 24 bit padded.

Taken from avsforum:
[2010/03/12] ReClock now works with the ATI driver fully (24-bit padded to 32, WASAPI exclusive)

Do I select 32bit int as reclock pcm output so I can get 24/96?
Should I use ATI HDMI driver instead of Realtek driver?
Thanks for any help as I am getting confused again..

Last edited:
Taken from avsforum:
[2010/03/12] ReClock now works with the ATI driver fully (24-bit padded to 32, WASAPI exclusive)

Do I select 32bit int as reclock pcm output so I can get 24/96?
Should I use ATI HDMI driver instead of Realtek driver?
Thanks for any help as I am getting confused again..

1.) You select 24 bit int padded to 32. But you knew that, didn't you? ;)
2.) Use the ATI driver with 5xxx series cards.

On the topic of ATI drivers vs Realtek, how come I can't find the HDMI audio drivers on the ATi site? I can only find the ones for XP.

Can someone also please explain to me what known issues there are with the Realtek ones? Because everyone who uses ReClock seems to recommend the ATi ones over the Realtek ones. I've been using the Realtek ones for a while now.

1.) You select 24 bit int padded to 32. But you knew that, didn't you? ;)
2.) Use the ATI driver with 5xxx series cards.

James,
I set windows sound to 24/192khz, reclock output to 24bit int padded to 32 but reclock still shows 48000 and 16bits on the audio stream when playing mkvs with 24/48khz audio source. Then I found out I need to change MPC-HC internal audio filter from 16 bits to 32 bits and Reclock shows 48000 and 32bits now. Do I set 32 bits or 24 bits in MPC-HC internal DTS filter? Thanks.

James,
I set windows sound to 24/192khz, reclock output to 24bit int padded to 32 but reclock still shows 48000 and 16bits on the audio stream when playing mkvs with 24/48khz audio source. Then I found out I need to change MPC-HC internal audio filter from 16 bits to 32 bits and Reclock shows 48000 and 32bits now. Do I set 32 bits or 24 bits in MPC-HC internal DTS filter? Thanks.
Don't ask me, that's not a ReClock related question. Maybe someone else knows.

On the topic of ATI drivers vs Realtek, how come I can't find the HDMI audio drivers on the ATi site? I can only find the ones for XP.
They are included with the Catalyst driver package.

Can someone also please explain to me what known issues there are with the Realtek ones? Because everyone who uses ReClock seems to recommend the ATi ones over the Realtek ones. I've been using the Realtek ones for a while now.
If you are happy, keep it this way. I had a lot of trouble with the Realtek drivers.

In short, the Realtek drivers work better if you don't use WASAPI exclusive, that's why I'm keeping the recommendation of it in that ATI 5000 problems thread. I'm presuming that most people don't use exclusive mode. Maybe that has or will change, don't know. Oh, and TMT3.180 won't work with them, but that's a TMT3 problem.

You need to uninstall the Realtek driver before installing the Catalyst package, or else Catalyst won't install the HDMI driver. Just uninstall Realtek, and run again the Catalyst installer, just to be sure run a custom installation and it will present you an option to install the HDMI audio driver.

James,

You're confused there. What ReClock shows is its input, or what the player is sending out to it. That's why you see it change when you change MPC-HC's decoder's settings. When you set "24 padded to 32" in ReClock, that setting means what ReClock outputs to the audio driver, after the sound has been processed by it.

If you are using WASAPI exclusive output in ReClock, then it will switch Windows' output to your receiver automatically to what ReClock is outputting (e.g. 5.1 96/24 audio). If you don't use WASAPI exclusive, Windows will output whatever your Windows mixer setting is at. Exclusive mode bypasses the mixer settings.

Lastly, I don't think it will make an audible difference if you set the decoder in MPC-HC to output 32 or 24 bit.

They are included with the Catalyst driver package.

If you are happy, keep it this way. I had a lot of trouble with the Realtek drivers.

You need to uninstall the Realtek driver before installing the Catalyst package, or else Catalyst won't install the HDMI driver. Just uninstall Realtek, and run again the Catalyst installer, just to be sure run a custom installation and it will present you an option to install the HDMI audio driver.
Thanks guys. I'll give the ATI drivers a shot when I try Catalyst 10.7.

Back