1. RedFox is offering a Cyber-Monday discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 30, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

ATI 1950 driver and Intel DG965OT motherboard problem

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, Apr 7, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

FYI. If you are using an ATI 1950 graphics card with an Intel DG965OT motherboard, I recommend that you do not install version 7.3 of the ATI Catalyst Control Center software and drivers. If you do, you are likely to get a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) error. I'm using the 7.2 version until a fix is released. This problem is documented on the ATI website.

2. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Intel D975XBX motherboard info

I shouldn't have done it, but I installed ATI Catalyst Control Center 7.3 on my Intel D975XBX motherboard as well. Guess what, I got the same BSOD as I did on the DG965OT.

I tried almost everything I could think of but I wasn't able to unstall 7.3, so I slept on it over night ,and as a last resort I went into bios and switched the video option from PCIE external to PCI. To my amazement, I was able to enter Vista without the BSOD and uninstall 7.3. After I restarted, I changed the bios video option back to PCIE and restarted again. Then I was able to install CCC 7.2 and all is well.

I hope this info helps someone else.

3. roog

roog Well-Known Member

ATI Catalyst Control Center 7.4

ATI has released Catalyst Control Center version 7.4. I have installed it for my ATI 1950 based video cards and I no longer get the BSOD. It also gets rid of the error message that was displayed whenever you executed PowerDVD Ultra.