• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT (Speed?)

dseto

Just upgraded and old pioneer 4x to get some better speed for backing up Bluray and now UHD, so i picked the ASUS BW-16D1HT . my understanding the transfer speeds would be around 72MB (16X), but i am getting 27MB (6X) with normal blurays. Is this common for out of the box, something i need to change?

thanks for any feedback.

I have the same drive (internal) ASUS BW-16D1HT.
Using Windows 10 all updates as of today.
Are you ripping to a mechanical HDD or SSD? Don't really know if it matters speedwise?
Maybe we can do a comparision?
Havn't bought a newer Blu-ray (not UHD) title lately, perhaps we can pick an older title that we both have.
Just a thought...
Best regards,
autodidact

Riplock will hold the speed down to 2-2.2x.
27MB/s is pretty good.

@whirlpool Ok, will do some research on riplock. Thanks for the feedback. so is 27MB the common for backing up blurays? i don't have any plans to write, just wanted to add more titles from my physical media to our server.

@autodidact , Thanks!! maybe once i figure out more on the riplock, we have lots of Marvel, Disney and the common big movies, Titanic, Avatar, T2 , Matrix etc.

Tested rip speed with Monsters, Inc [38.0 GB]

-> BDMV Folders
peak ~ 32 MB/s

-> ISO Image
peak ~ 29 MB/s

Thanks!! I will have to do more research on riplock, not that the speed is bad, but with about 280 bluray movies \ tv shows we wanted to add, was looking to make it as time efficient as we can.

-> BDMV Folders
peak ~ 31 MB/s

-> ISO Image
peak ~ 27 MB/s

Back