• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure not being recognized by my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say that for sure, but I really seems so.
I would buy a new cable and give it a try.

I guess it's the OWC if both drives don't work. Power is provided but the electronics doing the SATA -> USB fails.

I guess it's the OWC if both drives don't work. Power is provided but the electronics doing the SATA -> USB fails.
Small and cheap. A new cable can be useful anyway.

If your enclosure is defective, or seems to, you should place an Amazon order for a new one. If that shows the same result, you can easyli return it. On the the other hand you have clearness about your drive then.
Also, you can order a new drive for testing. That's equal. Your choice @Dominick_7

If your enclosure is defective, or seems to, you should place an Amazon order for a new one. If that shows the same result, you can easyli return it. On the the other hand you have clearness about your drive then.
Also, you can order a new drive for testing. That's equal. Your choice @Dominick_7
Good idea. If I put the other drive in it and it still doesn't work then it should be the enclosure right?

it changes to germany, is the Pioneer UD04 in the US? id need a portable one able to do 100gb disks right?

That's just the delivery destination and fee for that. You can change / delete that. The UD04 can do everything. BD-R up to 100GB and M-Discs as well.

That's just the delivery destination and fee for that. You can change / delete that. The UD04 can do everything. BD-R up to 100GB and M-Discs as well.
Sounds great but I can't find it anywhere in the US, is it an old drive or something?

Perhaps you can find a simular one. It depends on, what you want to do in future. Think for UHD disc reading. You can take a look at the hardware part for drives, here in RedFox. I would suggest a Pioneer drive, but that needs to be flashed for UHD reading. You can find a guide from @coopervid about that thing.

w
That link was from Amazon.com in the US!!!??? Just put in your US ZIP code after you click where it says "Deliver to Germany".
hen i click it the only options it gives me is forced to german location or no you cant go to the page..

h
Perhaps you can find a simular one. It depends on, what you want to do in future. Think for UHD disc reading. You can take a look at the hardware part for drives, here in RedFox. I would suggest a Pioneer drive, but that needs to be flashed for UHD reading. You can find a guide from @coopervid about that thing.
Thanks, yea he linked me to the guide, i guess it also covers portable ones.

The UD04 is UHD capable per se and doesn't need to be flashed. However, Makemkv has to be installed for AnyDVD to work with UHDs.

The UD04 is UHD capable per se and doesn't need to be flashed. However, Makemkv has to be installed for AnyDVD to work with UHDs.
Cool hate dealing with firmware. I bought makemkv years ago and yea it's installed asking with Redfox anydvd along with their whole software line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back