• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT burning questions.

th3dud3

Hello friends.

i have currently an ASUS BW-16D1HT with anydvdhd reading well 4k UHD disk. i use firmware 3.02.

does this drive support 100 giga or 128 giga BDXL disc in burning mode ?

i would like to know if some of you have successfuly burned a 100 Giga BD-XL from any anydvd iso file RIP with free software imgburn ?

have a nice day all.

i don't see why it shouldn't. it's usually standalone PLAYERS (connected to TV's) that have problems reading discs above 66GB i think

Hello friends.

i have currently an ASUS BW-16D1HT with anydvdhd reading well 4k UHD disk. i use firmware 3.02.

does this drive support 100 giga or 128 giga BDXL disc in burning mode ?

i would like to know if some of you have successfuly burned a 100 Giga BD-XL from any anydvd iso file RIP with free software imgburn ?

have a nice day all.
Just as Ch3vr0n has pointed out: Yes, you can burn these high capacity discs but there are two caveats. There is only one specific standalone player that can read more than 66GB. All the others can't. Secondly, these LG type drives are lousy burners and the burn quality is quite bad. I would refrain from burning these high capacity, high priced discs and would backup on hard discs having a backup strategy in case the hard disc fails. Price per GB is also less than burning discs.

Asus burners are only for usage with BD 25. All others should be burnt with Pioneer. We talked a lot about this here and I can confirm that this is fact.

Well maybe i'm just lucky then with my LG's. They've yet to disappoint me, in fact asus and pioneer ones have in the past.

what is exactly the brand and model of home bluray tv player which can read these high capacity discs ?

i have an LG drive and the asus drive, i have no issues for burning BD50 at lowest speed.

have a nice day all.

i have an LG drive and the asus drive, i have no issues for burning BD50 at lowest speed.
It's not the capacity of a 50GB disc.
A normal disc as a clone won't be the problem here. The problem is in the layer size of an UHD BD in comparision to an normal BD 50. One has 33 GB per layer and the other only 23,3 GB. If you try to make an UHD BD 66 or bigger fit to BD 50 and burn this you'll surely run into issues with an LG or ASUS burner.
Maybe you are lucky and some work fine on your stsndalone player, but look at the quality of your results. @coopervid posted lots of pics in this. The problem is the layer break and the point where it is set. In difference to a DVD you don't have any influence were to set it. It is done automaticaly. I would highly recommend a Pioneer burner for BD 50 if the output should be a copy of an UHD BD.

It's not the capacity of a 50GB disc.
A normal disc as a clone won't be the problem here. The problem is in the layer size of an UHD BD in comparision to an normal BD 50. One has 33 GB per layer and the other only 23,3 GB. If you try to make an UHD BD 66 or bigger fit to BD 50 and burn this you'll surely run into issues with an LG or ASUS burner.
Maybe you are lucky and some work fine on your stsndalone player, but look at the quality of your results. @coopervid posted lots of pics in this. The problem is the layer break and the point where it is set. In difference to a DVD you don't have any influence were to set it. It is done automaticaly. I would highly recommend a Pioneer burner for BD 50 if the output should be a copy of an UHD BD.

i know some of these facts :). i use bd50 only for 1080p nomal no uhd discs. it is just to say that i had no issues with burning BD50 discs with both brand lg or asus, as you seems to say LG or asus burners are bad. i burn only normal bluray 1080p movies on normal BD50. i am not asking you to burn 4K UHD movies on BD-DL 50 GB discs only :) or if i meant to do so i would be stupid.

what i would like to know is.

is ASUS BW-16D1HT PC internal drive capable of burning BD-XL 100 giga discs or BD-XL 128 giga discs ?

what is the brand of stand alone bluray players for tv than can read BD-XL burned UHD 4k movies with imgburn from bigger than 50 GB iso files ?

is for example panasonic DPUB9000EG1 able to read BD-XL burned discs ?

thanks

Last edited:
what i would like to know is.

is ASUS BW-16D1HT PC internal drive capable of burning BD-XL 100 giga discs or BD-XL 128 giga discs ?

It is depending on your firmware but in principal principal yes.
One thing I don't understand here: You don't want to burn UHD BD as mentioned. Where for would you take a BD XL?
It's really expensive and on the other hand there is simply no need to take this for normal BD. It would always für 1:1on a BD50!
If you wish to put 2 or more films on one disc I consinder this a really bad idea. You won´t have acess on all films on your stand alone player.

is for example panasonic DPUB9000EG1 able to read BD-XL burned discs ?
I can´t say for sure but some users told it would.

Perhaps the screenstot of my ASUS drive with FW version 1.02 will help a bit:

upload_2021-9-5_13-5-24.png

I own one BD XL RW for testing but it can´t be played on on single stand alone I own.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about the 9000 Panasonic. I only have Sony players here. Some time ago I bought a current Panasonic and was
extremely disappointed with the playback of burned UHD media. Maybe you should think a little about the future.
Maybe you will be interested in UHD films in the foreseeable future.

It is depending on your firmware but in principal principal yes.
One thing I don't understand here: You don't want to burn UHD BD as mentioned. Where for would you take a BD XL?
It's really expensive and on the other hand there is simply no need to take this for normal BD. It would always für 1:1on a BD50!
If you wish to put 2 or more films on one disc I consinder this a really bad idea. You won´t have acess on all films on your stand alone player.

I can´t say for sure but some users told it would.

i am clarifying what you do not understand.

i use anydvd hd program.

i have panasonic DL BD50 media for recording purposes. on these discs i burn only full hd bluray movies i own for backup purposes. each non 4k bluray movie i buy, i backup it on a BD50. normal bluray movies are never biger than 50 GB.

i have recently bought a new ASUS BW-16D1HT, that i have modified to firmware 3.02 AACS loop hoole in order be able to read 4K movies with my anydvd soft to an iso file, which is always bigger than 50 giga.

now i am interested in doing backup of my 4k HD disks 1:1 on some BD-XL disks i will buy. (i don't care about price or money i want to do somes backups of my new 4k movies and i am keeping the orginal in safe place).

i want only to try to burn 4k bluray movies on BD-XL media.

Ahh. Now I see what you mean. As mentioned before I don't own this special Panasonic 9000 player :(
The problem I see is that you won't find this player as a new one. It was replaced by the 900. For this model I can say that it won't play BD XL for sure. Even shrinked ones wich are burnt perfectly on BD 50 don't play. A good friend of mine has this Panasonic 900 and I was able to do some testenig there. He is not interested in playing backups anyway and he is glad with this one.
For your purpose this player is no option I think.

To get to the point: Without the 9000 from Panasonic you won't be able to play 1: 1 UHD backups. Since this one is probably nowhere to be bought for new you will have to resort to a used one.
Most UHD BDs are BD66. Since it is not available as a BD-R media you waste a lot of space. Is it really so important to you that you don't want to compromise? In the end, of course, it's your decision. I don't mean to bother you with it. It should just be a thought about your problem.
In any case, I wish you every success with your project

@coopervid told me that I mixed up the players here. 9004 is the actual model. The 900 is the old one :banghead:
Sorry for that. The testing I was referring to really was on the Panasonic 9004.

@coopervid told me that I mixed up the players here. 9004 is the actual model. The 900 is the old one :banghead:
Sorry for that. The testing I was referring to really was on the Panasonic 9004.

so if i understand well what your are saying it is useless to buy panasonic DP-UB9000EG1 or panasonic DP-UB9004 (available only in germany).

these quite expensive panasonic drives DP-UB9000EG1 or DP-UB9004 (more than 1000 $ or euros) are not able to read bd-XL discs. it makes me mad :) these new expensive drives from panasonic are worse than the old DP-UB900

so i understand well there is only one damned old expensive drive on earth than is able to read 3 layers of BDXL discs ! the old DMP-UB900 that no-one can buy now.

i have to pray to find a guy that sell this old panasonic model DMP-UB900

Last edited:
I can understand your annoyance about the compatibility with BD XL.
The meaning behind it is probably as follows: They don't want you to make playable copies ( At least uncompressed UHD copy)
The same thing happened with Sony in the DVD era. Their players could not play a burned DVD. Current Sony players such as the UBP X700, on the other hand are able to play all common formats. Unfortunately this device fails with BD XL.
Apart from the old Oppo, I am not aware of any device that is capable of doing this. :(:(

Back