• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware

pronto

I've obtained a ASUS BC-12D2HT friendly drive and what i would like to know is how do i stop windows 10 from installing any future firmware updates that will then render this drive useless to me .... Unable to back up
my 4k uhd blu-rays ....thank you

You don't, cause windows never could and never can flash firmware updates to an optical drive. Only the drive manufacturer can issue firmware updates. Firmware is completely different from like a device driver (that tells windows how to operate a device, like audio or integrated CPU graphics)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

You don't, cause windows never could and never can flash firmware updates to an optical drive. Only the drive manufacturer can issue firmware updates. Firmware is completely different from like a device driver (that tells windows how to operate a device, like audio or integrated CPU graphics)

ok i understand that but if say the manufacture issues a new driver could that possibly stop the ability for making 4k backups

The manufacturer doesn't make drivers for optical drives. Windows does, and it has been the same generic driver for optical drives since the windows Vista days.

The manufacturer only issues firmware (that's present on the drive itself) which mainly tells the drive which discs are supported and at what burn/read spead.

Glad I could help. For the record, i do believe there is a firmware for that model that removed its friendlyness. But you'd have to consult Google on that part

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Back