• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Asus BC-12D2HT 1.00. UHD friendly?

weust

I've been using this drive for several years now and never upgraded the firmware.
It works just fine so I never looked into it, which is weird because I do it for all my other hardware (desktop, server, network, etc).

Anyway, while searching for the firmware download page I came across this forum.
UHD friendly sounds nice for when I finally get a UHD TV, but I can't seem to find since which firmware version UHD is supported.

If I read things correctly it seems the focus is on v3.00 or v3.01?
So what about v1.00?

Also, are there any changelogs anywhere? Asus doesn't seem mention any fixes.

The drive that comes with 1.xx is afaik NOT uhd friendly/capable. Only the 3.xx series are

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh, so a new drive coming with v3.xx are UHD friendly or can be made UHD friendly?
That's a bummer.

I had a promotional code for 4K Blu-ray this week so giving it a try.
Never hurts to try.

DO NOT flash that drive to try to make it UHD friendly. You will brick it. And it's a royal pain in the ass to fix if you do. Please get a new drive instead.

I will not flash the drive. I got that part ;-)

When I get my UHD disc I will give it a try. If it doesn't work I will order a Asus BW-16D1HT.
Going from 12x to 16x read is a nice bonus.

With the ~600 Blu-ray/DVD's and 500+ audio CD's ripped I'm kinda surprised it still functions, so a backup with a UHD friendly firmware isn't a bad thing.

It won't work, period. No need to even try. Many have tried that before you and failed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back