• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service and Excellent Support

@Asmcom
- Question about EU customs duties, when shipping to the EU?
Northern Ireland is part of the UK.
Is the shipment with DDP Incoterms, so the customs duties are paid on my behalf?
Is the price here including the EU customs duties?

- Question about Pioneer Drive only 5.25": BDR-S12XLT or BDR-212EBK?
What is the drive difference?
It is the same main features.

- Question about plus postage
How much are the postage costs to Germany?

Last edited:
If you order through eBay they charge customs fees through the global shipping program. I believe this is because eBay posts the parcels from the global warehouse in the United Kingdom.

If you purchase from us and we post from Northern Ireland , there will be no customs fees. All Pioneer drives have a full 12 months warranty. No need to worry about registration of the warranty as we take care of this for you.

If you order through eBay and do not register with the global shipping program then we can post and avoid import charges.

Germany would be our largest customer base. I am sure there is German customers on this forum who have purchased directly of UHD Friendly Drives previously and they would vouch for our products, service and communication.

If you would like a quotation please contact us directly by email.

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

Kind Regards

Asmcom

OK
@Asmcom
- Question about Pioneer Drive only 5.25": BDR-S12XLT or BDR-212EBK?
What is the drive difference???

IMPO, with the lack of 5:25 drive bays in cases today, this is my top pick. USB, and its nice and slim, everyone has their own tastes and needs but I am also a Pioneer type of guy so I may be partial.

Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD

If you order through eBay they charge customs fees through the global shipping program. I believe this is because eBay posts the parcels from the global warehouse in the United Kingdom.

If you purchase from us and we post from Northern Ireland , there will be no customs fees. All Pioneer drives have a full 12 months warranty. No need to worry about registration of the warranty as we take care of this for you.

If you order through eBay and do not register with the global shipping program then we can post and avoid import charges.

Germany would be our largest customer base. I am sure there is German customers on this forum who have purchased directly of UHD Friendly Drives previously and they would vouch for our products, service and communication.

If you would like a quotation please contact us directly by email.

Kind Regards

Asmcom
Purchasing directly from Northern Ireland is w/o customs into the EU based on the Northern Ireland protocol that gives it still EU non-customs status while the rest of the UK after the Brexit falls under non-EU and duties apply.

Thanks coopervid for your extent knowledge of the brexit law. Plenty of stock arriving next week.

Asmcom

Will do as soon as I am out of hospital visiting my father. Sorry for delay.

Asmcom

Please see a copy and paste from the main seller page which tells you the difference.

We prefer email as our database is not linked to the PM messages on this forum.
I check the PM on the forum and not my other colleagues. I only do this when I get a break for coffee or at the end of the evening when I finished the day.

We started at 5am this morning so a very long day. 74 emails answered 9 remote sessions successfully dealt with in positive outcomes and cases closed.

If you have any other product enquiries about our services or require a quotation please send us an email.

Asmcom

Screenshot_20221202_181012_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
@Asmcom ,

the question was: What is the difference between S12XLT and 212EBK - if there is any.

The BDR-212EBK has a matt bezel, whereas the BDR-S12XLT and the BDR-S12UHT have gloss front bezels.

The laser pickup is identical in the BDR-S12UHT, BDR-S12XLT & BDR-212EBK.

The laser pickup in the BDR-212DBK is of lower quality and failed to read some 3-layer discs. This never happened with the XLT. UHT or EBK models.

I tested the EBK, XLT, and UHT with scratched discs and they all performed incredibly well.

BDR-212EBK
https://pioneer-blurayodd.eu/products/bdr-212ebk/index.php

BDR-S12XLT
https://pioneer-blurayodd.eu/products/bdr-s12xlt/index.php

BDR-S12UHT
https://pioneer-blurayodd.eu/products/bdr-s12uht/index.php

The BDR-212EBK, BDR-S12XLT do not have the AACS Crypto IC. This in my view does not factor as AnyDVDHD HD, MakeMKV, DVDfab, DeUhd and Leawo take care of this problem.

Kind Regards

Asmcom

Is it hard to get good media to burn on these drives?

Do you mean raw discs?
It appears to be the case, some posted that some discs are bad for burning.
Coop will know more about that.
I was just wondering because Taiyo Yuden is out of business, so maybe there was a particular brand that was better than others.

Is it hard to get good media to burn on these drives?
The Pioneer drives are the best burners out there. LG / ASUS drives are lousy. The biggest challenge is to have good burns with multiple-layer BD-R discs since the layer break is hard to get managed by the drives especially if you use lower quality discs. The best quality seems to come from Verbatim and their 50Gb discs made in Japan with the MID MEI-T02-001. Still- you need to burn these discs as slooooooow as possible.

25GB discs are usually no problem as those are single layer discs.

@DeepSpace ,

Tayo Yuden discs were the clearly best out there. TY stopped manufacturing discs in 2015.

Last edited:
The Pioneer drives are the best burners out there. LG / ASUS drives are lousy. The biggest challenge is to have good burns with multiple-layer BD-R discs since the layer break is hard to get managed by the drives especially if you use lower quality discs. The best quality seems to come from Verbatim and their 50Gb discs made in Japan with the MID MEI-T02-001. Still- you need to burn these discs as slooooooow as possible.

25GB discs are usually no problem as those are single layer discs.
Thanks, Coopervid.:)

Deleted

Last edited:
IMPO, with the lack of 5:25 drive bays in cases today, this is my top pick. USB, and its nice and slim, everyone has their own tastes and needs but I am also a Pioneer type of guy so I may be partial.

Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD
I'm looking for a UHD reader to start ripping those. Will this work natively with AnyDVD HD? I've been reading in many posts that it seems most ROMs need a FW downgrade or something to work right (if at all). I'm just looking for advice and I was debating an external (for ease) so this seems like a fit.

Back