AS reducing quality on ALL subsequent Episode downloads (APV)

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by zero269, Jan 12, 2022.

1. SCChi

SCChi Active Member

Star Trek Voyager can be downloaded from Paramount+ (add-on to AP)
    Resolution:720x576 for whole Season 7

2. zero269

zero269 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this issue is persistent with v1292.

I just added Night Court s04e02 and e03 as a batch download, and e02 came down with the correct resolution (768x576) while e03 was reduced to 448x336.

The file sizes are a dead giveaway...
    • 768x576 is 322 MB (they average around 300 MB/episode)
    • 448x336 is a whopping 71.2 MB. The file size is certainly to be desired, but the quality, not so much. ;)
    Log file attached...

Attached Files:

3. John Spencer

John Spencer New Member

I've noticed that Netflix has throttled back the video dimensions considerably. For example, I downloaded The Forest a couple weeks ago at 1920 x 1080, and now I can only download it at 960 x 540. All the Netflix shows are lower resolution than before.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

That's not a throttle, that's a DRM key required update. They changed the DRM on that title.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5. DarkGeneral88

DarkGeneral88 Active Member

While the developers look into fixing the queue on getting lowered resolution videos. I am grateful for the queue. If they can restore the pause button. Having to manually add the episodes while it downloads slows it down. If they restore the pause button I can pause it then add the episodes then unpause and let it run. This is for the latest beta.

6. zero269

Good catch! (y)
    All fixed now...

upload_2022-1-14_13-40-41.png

7. zero269

Yes, that's what I had to revert to in order to ensure all episodes are using the highest available - and my chosen - resolution for the show for APV.
    I do not think this happens for all shows though. To play it safe, just select the first two episodes and see if the 2nd one comes down lower. If it doesn't, then you should be good to go.

8. zero269

True, but my focus was the video at the time. However, that's certainly worth noting.

9. zero269

Are you unable to pause any of your provider queue's? If so, that's certainly an interesting issue. I personally haven't seen that issue yet.

However, if what you are referring to is that you want to pause your queue before you initiate your first download, that is certainly possible. I do it all the time for movies vs. shows.

Just open your Download Queue first, then pause any relevant Providers before populating your queues.

upload_2022-1-14_13-53-30.png

upload_2022-1-14_13-55-2.png

10. DarkGeneral88

DarkGeneral88 Active Member

Please ignore my previous statement, the buttons was there but the title column was stretched so far that it made the rest go off screen and I didn't notice the sliding bar when I made my post.

11. BCloud

BCloud Active Member

The problem still exists in the last version 1.2.9.5. (since 1.2.7.0).

12. zero269

I just noticed that, too.

DevTeam, please see attached log file. Thanks.

Attached Files:

13. BCloud

BCloud Active Member

I hope the devs can spend some times on it, I don't think it's as long as the DRM problem to fix.

If it's too long to fix, please think another way like : don't close the window list of all episodes, because each time I have to click again on Download, scroll down and choose the right episode.

14. BCloud

BCloud Active Member

The problem still exists in the last version 1.3.0.0

15. sycor

sycor Well-Known Member

I never had issues with the picture resolution changing, my issue was that the sound format would change to the lowest option. I haven't tried in 1300 but 1295 definitely had the issue.

16. zero269

Same here. This issue is still persistent with AS v1300.