• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS options for downloads .... question

sierra117

in the settings / downloads tab, there is an option to disable surround sound as the default.

with this option unchecked, i start to download something and it defaults to some soundtrack that is NOT stereo (surround, 5.1, etc.).

if i choose a video resolution once for a certain show, season and the first episode -- AS remembers that setting when it's done and return to dl the next episode.

with audio, i also set the track but it keeps defaulting back to the surround track of the highest bitrate for the next ep. download.

looks like a bug

thanks i appreciate it

noticed it on prime with a tv show.

Thanks, I will look into that

i saw the latest beta update, trying it now.
it fixed the issue where it no longer shows surround soundtracks when the option is unchecked in settings ... thanks !
was curious about the selected audio track .... i think AS doesn't want to remember the previous choice. it remembers the previous choice for video resolution, but for audio it is defaulting to the track on the list that's the best one (all the way at the bottom).

not too big a deal for me, it is usually what i want. i will experiment some more to see what happens if i use another audio track choice on a dl, what comes up pre-selected for audio on the next episode dl.

i am basically dl'ing episodes within seasons in sequential order. i can see how this particular thing could cause some hiccups if a queue were introduced to AS - because sometimes an episode in a series is encountered that does not have the same resolution options for audio or video as the others.

Back