• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue AS - has a problem and is closing

Ugadata

I don't expect the attached logfile to show anything. I couldn't create it until after restarting AS.

Basically, I added several shows into the queue for downloading. I added entire seasons using the select all option (yeah, pretty sure this is the issue causing AS to crash). After a couple of shows downloaded, a message popped up indicating AS had a problem and is closing. The GUI is totally unresponsive at this point (no logfile for you!! - it didn't say that but it should have ;-p ). The only choice is to answer the pop-up which then closes AS.

I am sure if I add each show individually one-at-a-time the queue and AS will work just fine.

For what it is worth, I was downloading using the fast(4x) option. Queued shows from Amazon, Hulu, and Disney+. Allow 2 concurrent downloads.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.5_afterCrash.astlog
    127.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I know exactly what your issue is. First of all the only provider you have is Hulu. Second, your network is not detecting the provider.
You must fix your network issue or you will never be able to download anything from Hulu. Once you can detect the provider your issue will be resolved. No one else has reported this issue, so I do believe that is the problem.

I don't expect the attached logfile to show anything. I couldn't create it until after restarting AS.

Basically, I added several shows into the queue for downloading. I added entire seasons using the select all option (yeah, pretty sure this is the issue causing AS to crash). After a couple of shows downloaded, a message popped up indicating AS had a problem and is closing. The GUI is totally unresponsive at this point (no logfile for you!! - it didn't say that but it should have ;-p ). The only choice is to answer the pop-up which then closes AS.

I am sure if I add each show individually one-at-a-time the queue and AS will work just fine.

For what it is worth, I was downloading using the fast(4x) option. Queued shows from Amazon, Hulu, and Disney+. Allow 2 concurrent downloads.

There is a bug in how AS processes queued items that were generated from a multiple section on Amazon. If you add items to the queue one at the time, you'll avoid the issue and can download without ever crashing.

Thanks, Doc, I will have Pete look at it, thank you for your report. But that's, not the OP's issue. The OP doesn't even have Amazon as a provider.

Thanks, Doc, I will have Pete look at it, thank you for your report.

I can give details of the cause, if you're interested. I offered in the other thread and got jumped all over by a certain acerbic member.

I can give details of the cause, if you're interested. I offered in the other thread and got jumped all over by a certain acerbic member.
The only person you need to pay attention to is me. As I said above, the OP in this thread doesn't even have Amazon as a provider, so your issue is different than his. Please send me a log file that I can give to Pete and we will look at it, thanks again.

Yes, I do have Amazon as a provider, Yes, I do have Netflix as a provider (not applicable for this thread), Yes, I do have Disney+ as a provider, and Yes, I do have Hulu as a provider. And yes they are all up to date subscription wise.

I know the issue I am having and that others have reported it as well. Of course the logfile is useless in this case, because the GUI is unresponsive at the point when things go haywire. Don't base my issue on the logfile that I can't get. You need to go by my description of the issue and not the logfile, in this case.

As DrXenos has stated, if each show is added one-by-one and not as a multiple selection, the queue works. It is not the queue, per say, but how episodes are added to the queue.

I was downloading from Amazon - 2 episodes - added individually. I was downloading from Disney+ - 1 show added individually and several other episodes added using the multiple selection option. I was also downloading from Hulu - Several episodes added through multiple selection. Some of the episodes did download before AS stopped working.

I am now downloading the same episodes from each provider without using the multiple selection option and everything is downloading as expected.

I posted because I want to help make AS a better product. If these issues are not reported on, they will never get any attention. Sure, it would be nice to add several (all) episodes of a season at once to be downloaded but I can (and will) deal with things as they are.

Yeah, the log file is pretty useless in this case as no info on the problem seem to get logged (I'm guessing, of course, not being privy to the encrypted parts). But I know to how reproduce it consistency. It's a little complicated, but I'm still willing to write up the details.

Yes, I do have Amazon as a provider, Yes, I do have Netflix as a provider (not applicable for this thread), Yes, I do have Disney+ as a provider, and Yes, I do have Hulu as a provider. And yes they are all up to date subscription wise.

I know the issue I am having and that others have reported it as well. Of course the logfile is useless in this case, because the GUI is unresponsive at the point when things go haywire. Don't base my issue on the logfile that I can't get. You need to go by my description of the issue and not the logfile, in this case.

As DrXenos has stated, if each show is added one-by-one and not as a multiple selection, the queue works. It is not the queue, per say, but how episodes are added to the queue.

I was downloading from Amazon - 2 episodes - added individually. I was downloading from Disney+ - 1 show added individually and several other episodes added using the multiple selection option. I was also downloading from Hulu - Several episodes added through multiple selection. Some of the episodes did download before AS stopped working.

I am now downloading the same episodes from each provider without using the multiple selection option and everything is downloading as expected.

I posted because I want to help make AS a better product. If these issues are not reported on, they will never get any attention. Sure, it would be nice to add several (all) episodes of a season at once to be downloaded but I can (and will) deal with things as they are.
In your logfile, it only shows one provider. Hulu. Upload another if you expect help. Even if you closed and opened the program it should show all the providers. Without a full and complete log file, no one can help you.

Here is another logfile - just to post a logfile.

Currently downloading from Hulu and Disney+. Amazon has already completed. Not currently downloading from Netflix.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.5_another_logfile.astlog
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
Hi Ugudata, I found your issue, and I doubt whether it's the same as DrXenos issue. You may want me to speak with you via PM, I don't want you to get mad at me. If I can PM you let me know. I also know why the first log file only picked up Hulu.

Last edited:
Back