AS downloading lower bitrate of 1080p movie on NF, details inside...

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by teege, Apr 3, 2021.

1. teege

teege Active Member

I was trying to download a movie using AS as my backup as my other tool was crashing at the time. I've since fixed the problem, but I thought I'd bring it to the attention of the programmers.

These are the streams available, and I've highlighted the version that AnyStream downloads:
    2bqjmo7B_o.png

And here is the MediaInfo from the file:
    7RqunaBE_o.png

I would expect AS to download the 2157 kb/s version, but for some reason it chooses to get a lower bitrate. I can't attest as to why, but this is what motivated me to fix my original tool.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, is it just me? I'd like to rely on AS in the future in the case that my tool becomes defunct, but it would be great if this issue could be addressed. Unless this is a one off mistake?

Thanks.

Lowpro likes this.
  2. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

It's not you: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/quality-constantly-changing-throughout-a-season.80650/ I suspect AS just picks the first entry it finds in the manifest instead of scanning for all possible candidates :)

Lowpro likes this.
  3. FredmanF1

FredmanF1 Member

I’m experiencing the same problem. I think it’s a bug and hope they will address it and fix it. I tried different versions of the program but that didn’t fix it.

4. VonB.

VonB. Active Member

AS should allow us to select the desired bitrate.

Lowpro likes this.
  5. teege

teege Active Member

Is this is in the newest version? I downloaded this before 1.0.1.0 or whatever was released.

6. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

The issue is being taken care of.

7. FredmanF1

FredmanF1 Member

Thank you!

8. Prospere

The fix will be out with the next release.

9. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

Could you add one more thing: in the resolution selection box, could you parenthesise the proposed bitrate next to the resolution, for example: "1920x1080 (3456 kbps)" It'd be useful when region hopping, I've noticed some regional variations with at least one provider :sneaky:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  10. Prospere

I'll check

whatever_gong82 and 0x0x0x0x0 like this.
  11. Prospere

It will be in the log under [Debug][Download config *] Video: