• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[AS 1.3.3.0] AP - Frame errors

It's about the movie "Lucky Christmas".. If a watch this video on Amazon Prime everything is fine. Prefect video playback regardless of the resolution (1080p, 720p oder SD).

I downloaded the movie with AS successfully. After the download is finish i watch the movie with vlc player. From begin till the end i see again and again frame errors. Some examples you find in the attachment. Also the log file from AS.

Does anybody have the same Problem?

Attachments

• 2021-12-21 20_34_07-D__AnyStream.png
    2021-12-21 20_34_07-D__AnyStream.png
    839.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 2021-12-21 20_33_40-Lucky Christmas - Ein Hauptgewinn zu Weihnachten - VLC media player.png
    2021-12-21 20_33_40-Lucky Christmas - Ein Hauptgewinn zu Weihnachten - VLC media player.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • 2021-12-21 20_33_22-D__AnyStream.png
    2021-12-21 20_33_22-D__AnyStream.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 2021-12-21 20_33_54-Lucky Christmas - Ein Hauptgewinn zu Weihnachten - VLC media player.png
    2021-12-21 20_33_54-Lucky Christmas - Ein Hauptgewinn zu Weihnachten - VLC media player.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
  • AnyStream_1.2.7.0.astlog
    510.1 KB · Views: 5
I saw und read the Banner. So I don't see any direct connection. If it's a problem with the DRM, then the download shouldn't work right? So far I thought the download would not work at all.
Regardless of this, the problem with this film also occurred with older versions of AS. I can't prove it now, of course. I haven't the logfile of it because I thought that the problem will be solved with the new version. :-(

There are different types of DRM, all DRM means is Digital Rights Management. Sometimes it just blocks your download, sometimes you can download but the frames will be distorted.

Have you tested the video in another video player (e.g. MPC-HC)? If the error is the same can you try downloading from another client (PC, provider, IP)? And can you download the 1080p version instead of the 720p you've got?

I remember only one single case in my life where the stream from AP was damaged.

Edit: I enclose the screenshot of the video I was mentioning above. Here the original stream was damaged. No idea if your case is the same or not.

Attachments

• frame error.png
    frame error.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
there's nothing to test. Scrambled frames like that are almost always related to decryption errors (hence the banner at the top). You see this is in incorrectly decrypted DVD & BD's too.

Hm, fine. I'll bring the Topic up again when the DRM problems have been resolved.
Because, as I said, the problem has already occurred with older versions.

Sadly you can plaster the biggest sign possible right on people's forehead and they will STILL look past it and wonder what the problem is...
Well, Most of us expect, if we pay for a product, that product should work. We are tired of seeing the big red banner. Fix it already or start refunding?

Well, Most of us expect, if we pay for a product, that product should work. We are tired of seeing the big red banner. Fix it already or start refunding?

In another thread you said:-
Are there any new updates or do we just get the same generic message? I just paid a lot of money for a lifetime subscription and now can't use it to download what I want. I will be without decent streamable internet soon and hoping I didn't throw my money out the window.

So are you tired of seeing the red banner or have you just paid... also, what was the thought process: trial doesn't work, so I'm going to spend money and see if that works?

In any case, you do understand it's a game of cat and mouse and once DRM adjustments are made, things need to be reverse engineered, it's not like all these vendors list modifications and how to circumvent them, let alone publish the details in advance of changes? What world do you live in?..

Would you expect a refund on narcotics? Downloading unencrypted video from a subscription provider in most countries isn't inherently legal. You should have known before purchase that there may be a day where the software no longer works. The companies got smart and upgraded their protection, hopefully the redfox team will find a work around

Problem still exists with the newest version of AS.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    511.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I tested it again with the newest version. Unfortunately the problem still exists.
Can a dev like @Prospere take a look on it?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    182.7 KB · Views: 2
Logfile from newest version.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.5.astlog
    165.4 KB · Views: 0
Logfile from newest version.
I will take a look at it tomorrow. Bed time now.
EDIT- I will let Prospere know about it, as you only want him to look at it.

Last edited:
Back