• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1.2.0.1 Saving HBOMax Seasoned Video with Wrong Season Number

jbrisbin

First, this was not happening over the last several days, but began only in the last few hours.
Specifically, HBOMax Looney Tunes (classics) began downloading with season number one less than should show. The correct episode is downloading, only the season number is incorrect (and the folder into which it is placed). For example, season 23 items appeared and were numbered as Season 22 when saved. Season 24 items were number as Season 23.

I have restarted AS more than once and the behavior remains.

Log of Season 24 Ep 1 being saved as Season 23 Ep 1 attached.

This is not a significant issue for me since I renumber them with the TVDB seasons for Looney Tunes. I have not explored other series for lack of tokens.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.0.1_S24_saved_as_S23.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I have restarted AS more than once and the behavior remains.

Log of Season 24 Ep 1 being saved as Season 23 Ep 1 attached.

There is a fairly easy explanation for this and I'm not sure, it's worth the trouble fixing it and if so, then how.

A couple of things:
  • not all seasons have "names". Sometimes they do and have descriptive names, sometimes they do but are just named "Season x".
    If they have no name tag at all (very common), AnyStream creates one, that simply says "Season x"
  • This particular example: Looney Tunes.... they have names of the non-descriptive type, in this case "Season 24"
  • BUT: there is no "Season 14" (it's missing from the catalog). So from AnyStreams POV "Season 24" is actually "season number 23" with the name "Season 24".
  • The file naming scheme uses season indexes, not names.
All that explains why all those Looney seasons above 13 are "incorrectly" indexed.
We could add another variable for the file naming that uses the season description instead of the index, maybe.

Thanks for identifying the source of the problem so promptly. Season 14 apparently existed until sometime yesterday, when the bug was exposed. I have the downloads from it, still.

I would suggest that this is not a minor failure but a very significant one from the perspective of users that download and retain TV series.
Season numbers are very important in any TV style downloads. Streaming providers often have gaps in their catalogs for some seasons not yet available or no longer available because of the mysteries of licensing. A mish-mash of designations for the same series season is a real pain in the ass.

Note that your templates do a good job of supporting the construction of file names that are understood by apps such as Plex and, most importantly, match those of the TVDB where much of the series metadata comes from. Regardless of the metadata provider, correct season and episode numbers are critical for automatic matching. Without automatic matching each episode must be manually looked up to get the correct metadata displayed. This is both painful and unnecessary.

The file naming needs to be fixed to match the designations visible to the user otherwise this will always appear to be a bug. Right now, it can cripple one of the most useful features for support of TV series for the negligible cost of a couple of per download variables.

The corresponding bug for episode numbers is described in this thread:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bug-hmax-1-1-6-1-1-2-0-0-bad-episode-numbering.82008/

Lost or politically incorrect episodes are often left out of series (lucy, perry mason, etc.) using the index of available episodes as if it were the episode number causes chaos for the collector.

Thanks for your attention to these issues.

Someone posted about this issue in another thread and this thread has details about the cause. At least for HM it does appear they have metadata with season and episode numbers that could possibly be used if found? Maybe this is part of their changes that broke the subtitles?

i.e.
"metadata":{"hadron-legacy-telemetry":{"title":"Wild About Hurry","seriesName":"Looney Tunes","isSeasonal":true,"seasonTitle":"Season 24","episodeNumber":17}}

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.0.1_EpisodeGaps_LTS24_Added.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
There is a fairly easy explanation for this and I'm not sure, it's worth the trouble fixing it and if so, then how.

A couple of things:
  • not all seasons have "names". Sometimes they do and have descriptive names, sometimes they do but are just named "Season x".
    If they have no name tag at all (very common), AnyStream creates one, that simply says "Season x"
  • This particular example: Looney Tunes.... they have names of the non-descriptive type, in this case "Season 24"
  • BUT: there is no "Season 14" (it's missing from the catalog). So from AnyStreams POV "Season 24" is actually "season number 23" with the name "Season 24".
  • The file naming scheme uses season indexes, not names.
All that explains why all those Looney seasons above 13 are "incorrectly" indexed.
We could add another variable for the file naming that uses the season description instead of the index, maybe.
Last time I downloaded from Hulu, i had the wrong season number as well, because Hulu only had the last 2 seasons available of a show with 10 total seasons. So AS called them as season 1 and season 2. I feel in that case "fixing" this issue would be helpful

Last time I downloaded from Hulu, i had the wrong season number as well, because Hulu only had the last 2 seasons available of a show with 10 total seasons. So AS called them as season 1 and season 2. I feel in that case "fixing" this issue would be helpful
Yes, this is definitely something that needs to be fixed, because this is all too common with Hulu, where providers just give one season (or sometimes a limited # of them) to Hulu.

Back