• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Arrival

Homeworld

Hey, I bought Arrival earlier today and CloneBD is refusing to transcode it to a lossless MKV. Region B.
I've tried a few different things, Mounting, Iso, Direct Disc rip and, changing AnyDVD's region.

Arrival will encode to H.264 but I feel that's redundant, I'd like to keep the original unaltered H.264 video.
I have submitted an error log a little while ago but I'm also going to upload it here.

Attachments

• 12345.cbdlog
    194.3 KB · Views: 8
The Bit Rate on this disk for the Movie seems to be un-necessarily high, perhaps this is causing a problem with some programs reading the original H264 stream.

I don't see why it should. It still has to fall into the Blu-ray specs, and reading it is obviously not an issue as the OP said he could get it to convert to h264

It was just that one s/w conversion program (to MKV) I used produced a pixelated result with this movie, this is the only movie it had this problem with. In fact, an older version of this s/w worked fine. (BTW The source input for the conversion s/w was an already decrypted file of the movie)
I tried an experiment and reduced the bitrate by putting it thru BD Rebuilder and both versions of the conversion s/w could cope fine and both gave good results.

I did not of course use the double re encoded version, it was just an experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
All that means is that the original software you tried had an issue with the file that running it through BD Rebuilder cleared up. As I said, if there was an issue with decrypting the OP's original file then it wouldn't have worked to make the h264 version. There's probably some issue with CloneBD and remuxing the uncompressed file types used in the movie as it obviously works when converting it to a compressed file

I totally agree, there is NO problem decrypting this Movie. The file I was using was already decrypted from the original disk and played fine.

The problem was when you put this decrypted file thru conversion, it chocked the s/w.

Reducing the bitrate of the original via BD Rebuilder and the converting works fine.

Of course, as you say, there may be something else in the original stream that some versions of the converting s/w has a problem with and BD Rebuilder has (for want of a better word) 'cleaned' it when re encoding/re muxing H264.

It is strange that this is the only Movie I have come across that has this problem and it does have a hi video bit-rate.

I only posted because it may help as to what I found with this title.

Have not watched it yet so hope its worth even talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm in no rush, I'm sure it'll be fixed and then I'll make my copy with CloneBD later. I extracted it with "something else" and that works. I've watched it and it's a treat for a hardcore science fiction fan, no spoilers or whatever obviously.

Excellent job guys, thank you for the update.

Back