• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArmA II

DoctorDigital

Hello there,
first post here of mine. Had GameJackal now a few weeks, but no game, I would like to start with GameJackal works for me...

First: ArmA II
--> Conflict with Emulation Software detected...
--> SecuROM Version 07.40.0005
--> Game won't start while GameJackal is active.

Any cure for that? ;-)

DVD is in the drive, everything is ok.
When I start via GameJackal Profile --> Conflict with Emulation Software detected
Happens still, when I disabled Daemon-Tools Drives

1. GameJackal v 3.2.1.2
2. Windows Vista32 SP2
3. SecuROM Version 07.40.0005
4. ArmA II
5. Patch 1.01 Final
6. DVD Version
7. Germany
8. IntelCore2 Duo T9300
9. BD Burner Matsushita BD-MLT UJ-210S, HW 1.00 FW 1.00
10. Avira AntiVir Personal 9.0.0.403
11. Before game starts a window appears: Conflict with Emulation Software detectd

Log will follow later...

Error explanation from www.securom.com: SecuROM detected GameJackal and will not work with such emulation-programs.

Last edited:
I suppose the game is called Armed Assault 2.

I don't really know if this is a blacklisting issue, but the Protection seems pretty new to me and GameJackal hasn't got a profile for this.

Try uninstalling Daemon Tools completely with the Uninstall Tool from the website and see if it works.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

First of all - Thank you for you time and hints!

Full name of the game is Armed Assault II. But its short name is really kind of known better in the internet, that's why I said "ArmA II"...

Ok - Deamon-Tools full removal didn't made the profile work. But - without GameJackal being active but loaded and/or Daemon-Tools being loaded the game will work if I start it via the regular shortcut with the DVD in my drive. So Daemon-Tools does not really interfere with the game.

It only says "Conflict ..." when I try to start via the GameJackal Profile. And then it does not matter wheather Daemon-Tools is installed/active has 0 or more drives...

If I click on the error message, created by securom, it is stated that there is a conflict with the GameJackal emulator.

Probably have to wait for a GameJackal Update...

Okay, make sure you have uninstalled the SPTD driver from Daemon Tools. For that you need to run the uninstaller and then reboot. Then run the installer again and select to uninstall the SPTD driver.
=> Have you done that? The blacklist is not DT itself, but the driver.

Jep, please post a logfile with advanced logging turned on in the settings menu. matthew will have a look.

But I'm pretty sure now, that it's the new SecuROM including a blacklist.
I'm not sure if it's a DT blacklisting issue or a GameJackal. But GameJackal might be affected.

Did you use the Performance and Reliability Wizard?

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

If I click on the error message, created by securom, it is stated that there is a conflict with the GameJackal emulator.

read that bit burnerhead.. it means securom detected gamejackal
NOTHING to do with sptd or daemon tools.. otherwise the message would have stated a conflict with them...

read that bit burnerhead.. it means securom detected gamejackal
NOTHING to do with sptd or daemon tools.. otherwise the message would have stated a conflict with them...

Well, the error message of SecuROM NEVER states what program is involved. it just links you to the website and there is a long list of applications that might have a problem with SecuROM and there's is GameJackal and DT as well. So in many cases I had, I had to figure out which program BW, DT, Alc, GJ, ADVD, VCD, etc. causes the problem.

If the error message states that it's GameJackals fault, I would like to see a screenshot. ;)
Otherwise I would like to see the link from the error message.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Last edited:
Well, the error message of SecuROM NEVER states what program is involved. it just links you to the website and there is a long list of applications that might have a problem with SecuROM and there's is GameJackal and DT as well. So in many cases I had, I had to figure out which program BW, DT, Alc, GJ, ADVD, VCD, etc. causes the problem.

If the error message states that it's GameJackals fault, I would like to see a screenshot. ;)
Otherwise I would like to see the link from the error message.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

screenshot? no need, here's the links

gamejackal conflict

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=15000

dt/alcohol conflict

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500

the code tells you the problem.. it does seem the developer has the option to suppress the codes, but most of the time, they're there... and if you play with the numbers you can see what it detects... or when you send an email to their support, they can tell you too

so you're a bit wrong on the 'never'.. i analyse securom executables lots for protection id, so i do actually know what im talking about...

so you're a bit wrong on the 'never'.. i analyse securom executables lots for protection id, so i do actually know what im talking about...

Well, you're right. I completely mixed that up with ProtectDVD. Because that one doesn't really tell you.

I'm really sorry. You're right. Shame on me.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

'tis ok, we're only human, but we're all trying to help, thats the good thing :)

Jep, but I have the strange feeling that older SecuROM versions didn't specify what software is causing the emulation detection?

Version 5 didn't for sure. What about early Version 7.00 'til 7.29?
Did they report the software?

Just want to clear that up,
BurnerHEAD

PS: So you're the guy and second developer that is helping cdkiller for PID?

5 didn't, version 7, from about 7.10 onwards does, but it seems the publisher can change the strings, so some aren't displayed (typical for some ea games)

Hey - thanks a lot for getting involved with my problem.

Just to clearify: Daemon-Tools and SPTD-Drivers won't affect the game, when started with the original disk in the drive.

Must be a new version of SecuRom, that has explicitly black-listed GameJackal...

I now spent a couple of hours (about 2 to 3) re-imaging the dvd, but the logfiles look kind of the same. The latest log is included with this post.

Again - thanks for your time and your help. Even if it won't work! ;-)

Attachments

• ARMA II.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
Okay, I suppose that ArmA II can't be handled with GameJackal at the moment. You have done your best, but now it's Slysoft's turn. Enjoy the game. ;)

I'm calling for matthew to help. He knows best what to do.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

This would appear to be a new Securom version. I need to get a hold of this game and run some tests.

There are a few thing you could try.
1) Change the game management setting (edit profile, select advanced options). If it's set to "fully supported", then disable... or vise versa.
2) Change the profile so the game does not auto start. Start the profile then launch the game manually some 30 seconds later.
3) Change the profile so the game does not auto start. Start the profile then kill the Game Jackal process (will be a process like 12345.exe)... then launch the game manually.

Finally... you will be pleased to know that we are implementing changes that will resolve the whole UAC / limited account issue. This will also go a long was to removing conflict issues.

This would appear to be a new Securom version. I need to get a hold of this game and run some tests.

There are a few thing you could try.
1) Change the game management setting (edit profile, select advanced options). If it's set to "fully supported", then disable... or vise versa.
2) Change the profile so the game does not auto start. Start the profile then launch the game manually some 30 seconds later.
3) Change the profile so the game does not auto start. Start the profile then kill the Game Jackal process (will be a process like 12345.exe)... then launch the game manually.

To be honest, I really don't understand instruction 2 and 3, so you might wanna explain that a little bit further, because I'm probably not the only one.

How to change the profile that it doesn't start?
Link it to another .exe file and then edit the profile to the correct .exe file?

Finally... you will be pleased to know that we are implementing changes that will resolve the whole UAC / limited account issue. This will also go a long was to removing conflict issues.

I'm really glad to hear that. I noticed that you made a small note in one of the other threads. You said with the next major version update. What do you mean is the next major version? 3.3.0.0?

I hope you can make use of my research and the informations that I sent you some time ago. ;)

I hope you also work on the support for Win7, because as soon as it comes out, I'll be upgrading my 32-Bit Vista to 64-Bit Win7 and I want my GameJackal to work on my upgraded gaming-machine along with the games. :)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

To be honest, I really don't understand instruction 2 and 3, so you might wanna explain that a little bit further, because I'm probably not the only one.
Edit the profile settings and turn off the "Auto start" option. Then when you start the profile... the game will not launch (the profile still start, however the game will not launch). Then (for instruction 2) start the game from the start menu 30 seconds later. For instruction 3, kill the GJ process first then start the game from the start menu.

I'm really glad to hear that. I noticed that you made a small note in one of the other threads. You said with the next major version update. What do you mean is the next major version? 3.3.0.0?

I hope you can make use of my research and the informations that I sent you some time ago. ;)

I hope you also work on the support for Win7, because as soon as it comes out, I'll be upgrading my 32-Bit Vista to 64-Bit Win7 and I want my GameJackal to work on my upgraded gaming-machine along with the games. :)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

The version number is yet to be defined, however it will be UAC / limited user friendly and support Vista and Win 7.

The version number is yet to be defined, however it will be UAC / limited user friendly and support Vista and Win 7.

So will you remove the UAC dialog for admins and find a way for GameJackal to work with limited user accounts in a perfect way?
I'm sure you'll find the best solution.

Now, I'm going to be cruel and ask about the ETA. I mean Win7 is going to be released properly at the end of June for RTM and you can probably get your hands on that very soon, too.

I'm glad that my screaming, shouting and getting banned was not for nothing.
I think the story comes to a good end. ;)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

it works!

Hey the profile finally works...

Installed Patch 1.02 and used the following profile settings:

Disabled: Automatic start
Disabled: Automatic stop

Advanced Options: Game management setting: Disabled

I start the profile and then start Arma2 via the regular desktop shortcut

Profile works fine!

Thanks for your help! Great! :)

Back