Are constant fails common?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by KSP797, Oct 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KSP797

KSP797 Member

During the last 6 months less than half of the backups I make are playable.
    I have used AnyDVD since 2004.
    I have tried copying with CloneDVD2, WinX DVD Copy Pro, Cyberlink, CDBurner XP and a few more and still most DVD's are not playable.

I am not new to this. Just for curiosity are others out there seeing more and more DVDs released lately that can not be copied by AnyDVDHD. I am using the newest version and on 3 PC's 2 that I have used for 5 years and they never had a problem until just recently.

Just want to know what others are experiencing out there with copy/backup issues.

Thanks

2. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

What brand of blank DVDs are you buying/using? Using inferior blanks is the most common reason for over-time failures.

Your PC drive(s) you use for burning could also be slowly dying. I have had back-ups that fail over time from a drive that has been used a lot, yet hasn't died.

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

If you are using bad blanks, yes. I have DVDs that I copied 15 years ago that still work just fine. They are on Taiyo Yuden blanks though.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Not an anydvd issue, moved. Anydvd doesn't burn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

5. KSP797

KSP797 Member

Western Digital Blue in Laptop HP17 2.4Ghz Intel i3 and Western Digital Black in Desktop HP500 3.2 Ghz Intel i5

DVD's - Memorex Single Sided and DL & Verbatim DL are the only brands I have used for several years now at least since 2012 maybe much earlier.

For the sake of narrowing down my problem I will try at least two other brand blank DVD's and also maybe a new Hard drive even though both my HD's were upgraded early 2017. This may at least tell me more than what I know now. Probably it is time to upgrade my DVD Burner, that should tell me more also. That will be my next step thanks!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  6. KSP797

KSP797 Member

DVD's - Memorex Single Sided and DL & Verbatim DL are the only brands I have used for several years now at least since 2012 maybe much earlier.
    Many years ago mid 2000's I used mostly Sony and Maxell which all still play fine today.

For the sake of narrowing down my problem I will try at least two other brand blank DVD's and also maybe a new Hard drive even though both my HD's were upgraded early 2017. This may at least tell me more than what I know now. Probably is time to upgrade my DVD Burner that will be my next step! Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  7. KSP797

KSP797 Member

I see your point. I am just suspecting the problem may not be my burners and may be in fact the ANYDVDHD decryption failing without notice? I do not mean to offend.

8. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Memorex blanks are pretty much the worst of the worst. I tried them once upon a time and had a 30% fail rate right after burning. Went up to 50% after 6 months. Burning too fast also causes failures. I used TY and could burn at max speed, just never went over 8x. Never had a failure and there isn't that much difference in time.

9. KSP797

KSP797 Member

Thanks for the info. I pulled out my external LG Multi-Drive and suddenly many of the DVD's that failed to backup with ANYDVDHD are now backing up. Therefore I am concluding my HP internal burner (not software) is the primary culprit. Although there are a few discs I have that still do not back up being Hitman's Bodyguard, A Quiet Place, Oceans 8. I plan to use another brand of Blank DVD's on these movies. I looked up TY on AMazon and did not find that brand tonight any idea who sells them online?

10. KSP797

KSP797 Member

Turns out your right! I broke out my external LG multi-drive and most movies were backing up and playing properly. I still have a few: Hitman's Bodyguard, A Quiet Place, Ocean's 8 that still do not back up so I am going to try another brand. I only have verbatim DVD+R DL left and they failed with error via direct backup to disc and ISO to disc so another brand might do the trick. So far I have a list of 15 movies over the last 6 months that failed and now burn properly with the LG Burner but I may still have an issue with blank DVD brand on these last few. But obviously even though I showed no error just failed playback my HP internal burner must be dying a slow death. LOL! Thanks for the advice!