• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

Dunno about the demo, but their full version is scheduled for 01/25/08. Hopefully the date will stick this time, though I'm betting it will since Arcsoft finally got around to releasing their version.

Well, I'll be gone then and will have limited internet access for the next week, but, I'll see if I can grab it. Won't do me any good, really, as I won't have access to my HTPC while I'm gone. Ah well.

Subtitles

It displays the english subtitles every time and I cannot get them to stop. I can't get to the menu to change this either.It does play hd dvd movies from HDD though.

Well you have my juices flowing,if sarah99 and digitalfreak are keeping us up to date with their info then there may be light at the end of the tunnel.is there hdd playback on the retail version of total media?8)

Can't help 'ya there. All my HD DVD and Blu-ray discs are ripped to ISO.

vidabox are pushing total media
:(

What do you mean by this? Vidabox is releasing an OEM version that supposedly contains newer bugfixes than what arcsoft has released. Hence, it could be promising, maybe.

What do you mean by this? Vidabox is releasing an OEM version that supposedly contains newer bugfixes than what arcsoft has released. Hence, it could be promising, maybe.
if you check vidabox site you will see them selling total media (vidabox version) by arcsoft (sold out),how can you sell out of a download.:confused:

Who wants to bet it will be exactly the same
but with a "vidabox" logo on the splash screen

I'm not taking that bet! :) However, I won't be around when it's released, so, by the time I get back I expect you'll all have taken it apart fully.

A bunch of folks were being quite rude to the Vidabox guy on AVSForum, so he left. Also sounds like they found out they may be in over their heads selling their own version of the software, instead of sticking with just supplying it with their systems.

Their site lists their version as being pushed back yet again. Now it's 02/01/08. I'd expect it to disappear in the next week or so.

Yea, I saw some of those comments and I agree they were being rude. There are a great deal of expectations with a new software to take on PowerDVD. This shows the pent up demand for a *WORKING* HD DVD/Blu-ray software player and the EXTREME frustration we've all had for so long. Taking it out on Vidabox, however, is not the answer. I don't even really blame arcsoft for the state of their software...it's an extremely difficult framework to work in where you have to spend more resources securing your product than fixing bugs. Cyberlink, however, has had plenty of time to do both and has really not stepped up to the plate, IMO. The criticism I level at them is well deserved. Arcsoft, being fairly new, has a chance to earn my respect but so far has not done enough to earn my money.

I don't even really blame arcsoft for the state of their software...it's an extremely difficult framework to work in where you have to spend more resources securing your product than fixing bugs.

I'm not sure how economical this would be for Arcsoft, but it sure would be cool for us. They could release two versions of their software, one with keys for AACS decryption and all the security nonsense they have to add in, and another without keys and nonsense, just a nice, fully functional, unencumbered player. They probably couldn't make a big promotion of the second player on their site, but all they'd have to do is post the information on obtaining it here on this forum, and all of us who are dying for a slick HD disc player would jump all over it. I know I'd buy it! :agree:

I'm not sure how economical this would be for Arcsoft, but it sure would be cool for us. They could release two versions of their software, one with keys for AACS decryption and all the security nonsense they have to add in, and another without keys and nonsense, just a nice, fully functional, unencumbered player. They probably couldn't make a big promotion of the second player on their site, but all they'd have to do is post the information on obtaining it here on this forum, and all of us who are dying for a slick HD disc player would jump all over it. I know I'd buy it! :agree:

Most likely they can't. HD DVD / BD licensing wouldn't allow this.

I'll go beyond what James has said and add that creating a separate player without all the security stuff is not a good idea from a security stand point anyway. It's likely that someone could evaluate both players to determine where the keys are stored more quickly than without a separate, unsecure version. No, I'm not suggesting they could get the keys from teh unsecure version...that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the security to protect the keys isn't just a simple "secureKeys(byte[] key)" routine. And by not having all the extra security layer crap on top of the player, it would be easier for hackers to get through the security if they could see the player without all the security layers in tact, even if the keys aren't there. Anyway, I agree, this will not happen.

Yea, I saw some of those comments and I agree they were being rude. There are a great deal of expectations with a new software to take on PowerDVD. This shows the pent up demand for a *WORKING* HD DVD/Blu-ray software player and the EXTREME frustration we've all had for so long. Taking it out on Vidabox, however, is not the answer. I don't even really blame arcsoft for the state of their software...it's an extremely difficult framework to work in where you have to spend more resources securing your product than fixing bugs. Cyberlink, however, has had plenty of time to do both and has really not stepped up to the plate, IMO. The criticism I level at them is well deserved. Arcsoft, being fairly new, has a chance to earn my respect but so far has not done enough to earn my money.

I'm just dumbfounded by all the problems they're having when the Japanese version (Digital Theatre) seemed to work quite well. Never tried it myself, but a lot of folks that did said it was MUCH better than the English version that's available now. Not sure how they managed to take so many steps backward.

I just dumbfounded by all the problems they're having when the Japanese version (Digital Theatre) seemed to work quite well. Never tried it myself, but a lot of folks that did said it was MUCH better than the English version that's available now. Not sure how they managed to take so many steps backward.

That's a very good question and one that definitely needs to be answered. However, if they think people are going to drop loads of cash in their lap for the current state of the product, they're sadly mistaken. As bad as PowerDVD is, they at least release fixes that do seem to improve things (minus functionality removal, of course). I suspect the new version I just got of PowerDVD tonight probably will fix my profile 1.1 title issue. So, while nothing is perfect and certainly PowerDVD has had a heard start, Arcsoft should know what they're up against and just because people are unhappy with PowerDVD it does not mean they're ready to jump ship to an inferior, buggy product.

Probably some one noticed this already and hope this will be one of the bug fixed they already worked on it... When I started to play a movie from My Movies, My Movies started to play that movie for a sec or two and MCE will crash. As soon as I removed TotalMedia, My Movies play any movies I tried without any problems.

It displays the english subtitles every time and I cannot get them to stop. I can't get to the menu to change this either.It does play hd dvd movies from HDD though.

Yeah, the same as powerdvd did, the only software I could find that doesnt is Showtime (Nero)

The difference between powerdvd and Totalmedia is that totalmedia does have a "none" option for subtitle, however this does not turn off ANY subtitles that are playing. (if it did, totalmedia would be the player for me!)

No Complaints

I don't know what the issues you guys are having with this player and audio, but so far this player plays more Blu Ray and HD DVD than my PDVD setup. I have not ran into one title that I have had a video or audio problem. It even plays Evan Almighty, which my PDVD just would refuse to play for some reason. This software is MUCH better IMO.

I don't know what the issues you guys are having with this player and audio, but so far this player plays more Blu Ray and HD DVD than my PDVD setup. I have not ran into one title that I have had a video or audio problem. It even plays Evan Almighty, which my PDVD just would refuse to play for some reason. This software is MUCH better IMO.

Can you share with me that what GC and MB do you have? Do you use HA in the TotalMedia? Thanks.

Back