• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

Oh I knew you weren't the only one with these problems, Adbear. :) Never doubted it for a minute. When it works, though, it works really well. I just wish they spend some time and fix the issues to make it as stable as PowerDVD. Then they crush them.

Well I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one that has these problems, at least with PDVD it doesn't reset my machine
Well, you can downgrade to v113. This is the last one that doesn't let your machine explode. The problems are likely caused by some anti hacking protection which was added... :bang:

EDIT:
Just tried v126. Still explodes.... :(

Well, you can downgrade to v113. This is the last one that doesn't let your machine explode. The problems are likely caused by some anti hacking protection which was added... :bang:

EDIT:
Just tried v126. Still explodes.... :(

Awesome. That's just great. I'm going to end up rebuilding one of my HTPC's at some point soon and if it doesn't work on there I'm going to complain to them loudly until it gets fixed. Cause really, it needs to get fixed. It's such a good player when it works. I want to see it succeed and crush Cyberlink. You've no idea...

I found that if I disabled the Arcsoft Connect Daemon service, and excluded the TMT app from ffdshow (which I have installed for Divx-based content), it would blue-screen my system. Once I re-enabled the ArcSoft Connect Daemon service, and changed the ffdshow Video Decoder Configuration -> DirectShow Control settings to uncheck all and change the merit to "ffdshow normal", my system no longer BSoD on me. That only happened when I attempted to play a SD-DVD. Other than that little issue, TMT has not caused any issues with me. If your system BSoD, why not get the Microsoft Windows Debugger tools, and send the data to ArcSoft?

because when it just resets it doesn't get the chance to send any info to the debugger tool. I also don't have anything other than windows installed on that image and it still resets

I realy don't have the time to read through all these pages can someone please tell me in a nutshell if this player is stable & plays ripped Blu-ray's from the hard drive not just iso's thanks in advance.

The player is very stable on my system. .126 is a very stable patch. .128 and .129 were released to address some display issues. If you have an ATI GPU, you will need to stick with 8.12 or older. 9.1 broke MPEG-2 playback for TMT. Arcsoft has stated they are aware of the issue and have a fix coming.

TMT does play Blu-ray disks in ISO form or from your HD just fine.

And for those who want to purchase that product, they have currently a valentine discount.

Enter coupon code Cupid09 at checkout to receive 20% off
Offer valid through 2/14/2009

I realy don't have the time to read through all these pages can someone please tell me in a nutshell if this player is stable & plays ripped Blu-ray's from the hard drive not just iso's thanks in advance.

I've been using it since the day it was released and have never really had any problems and the ones that I did have been fixed I find it to be incredibly stable on my hardware and although I play everything from disc I can confirm that it plays just fine from either iso's and ripped folders

I'm once again having issues with TMT. It seems the problems I experience are on and off but more on than off. This leads me to believe that my problem is either driver related or there is a conflict with something else installed on my system. It might even have to do with the order in which certain things are installed.

I, thankfully, got TMT super cheap. When it works for me it's great but at this point I've thrown up my hands and pretty much given up.

No version of PowerDVD ever failed to work properly on my system

I have never been able to get any version of TMT to even start a movie on my system, weird huh?

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
No version of PowerDVD ever failed to work properly on my system

I have neve been able to get any version of TMT to even start a movie on my system, weird huh?

ocgw

peace

Try playing Top Gun BD using the latest version of PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8. I'll bet you that the behind the scenes bonus material won't play correctly. PowerDVD does have it's own set of issues to contend with.

HD DVD playback in PowerDVD 8 without hacking it? RIGHT. ;) No, PowerDVD is not a panacea by any means.

Try playing Top Gun BD using the latest version of PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8. I'll bet you that the behind the scenes bonus material won't play correctly. PowerDVD does have it's own set of issues to contend with.

Remember me, I am that last asshat still running 3319a LOL, it plays all my 215 demuxed Blu Rays folders flawlessly lol, just never had a compelling reason to move on, only thing 3319a won't do is play from the menu on a full ripped folder on some titles (mostly newer seamless branching discs I think) on my PC, but after demuxing it works fine, have no idea how it performs on ISO's

ps I am not saying PowerDVD is perfect, just reporting my experience w/ it, & believe me I really tried to get TMT to work, couldn't even get it to work on a fresh install of XP

pss Even tho' I can play HD-DVD's I convert them to Blu Ray anyway

btw I could never get WinDVD to work either

You know, there has to be something in common between ppl's systems that can or can not run these players that we are not aware of

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Remember me, I am that last asshat still running 3319a...I really tried to get TMT to work, couldn't even get it to work on a fresh install of XP
Me too (3319a) tho some of the newer BDs don't want to work with it.

TMT crashes on my XP Pro x64 setup--won't allow my PC to boot. Maybe it's not supposed to work w/64-bit but no one at AS seems to want to admit to that! :bang:

Me too (3319a) tho some of the newer BDs don't want to work with it.

TMT crashes on my XP Pro x64 setup--won't allow my PC to boot. Maybe it's not supposed to work w/64-bit but no one at AS seems to want to admit to that! :bang:

Yeah, but they always work after demuxing, and I never have had any interest in saving anything but main movie w/ 1 audio stream anyway lol

ocgw

peace

Yeah, but they always work after demuxing, and I never have had any interest in saving anything but main movie w/ 1 audio stream anyway lol

ocgw

peace

That they do. And what's even better is ending up with totally screwed up TrueHD tracks after rebuilding the BD structure. Don't worry, PowerDVD will still play if nothing else will. ;)

btw I could never get WinDVD to work either

While my HD-DVD & BD library is far from large I have yet to run across a disc that WinDVD doesn't play correctly.

I am no huge fan of WinDVD but between it and PowerDVD7/PowerDVD8 and Arcsoft TMT I have to say I've had the least problems with WinDVD playing discs.

I just wish TMT was more stable. I'd use it exclusively in a heartbeat if I didn't have constant issues with it. :(

That they do. And what's even better is ending up with totally screwed up TrueHD tracks after rebuilding the BD structure. Don't worry, PowerDVD will still play if nothing else will. ;)

screwed up how I am curious?

I have never had my audio screwed up from rebuilding the BD structure

btw I use spdif coxial digital out to my receiver so I have no use for TrueHD, I always use TsRemux to strip down to the DTS and DD core as my Yamaha receiver is DTS, and DD only

Like I said I tried the other players but the trials ran out before I could get them working, I got PowerDVD bundled w/ my LG BD-ROM and it worked

ps Don't get me wrong 'cause I am no Cyberlink fanboi, especially after they "sold out" and removed the play BD from folder feature, I have just had better luck w/ them

I don't know why I have had such good luck, I think maybe because I use this old basic player, and break all my movies down to the basic movie there just isn't that much to go wrong;)

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Of course you haven't had problems. A> You use PowerDVD which I said will play the tracks. And B> You're using spdif which doesn't do HD audio anyway. :)

Back