• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

PrincipalityFusion

Hey Ladies and Gents,
According to this site, <http://www.vidabox.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=90&zenid=5f91874511ac49091052f003f4feb60e>,
ArcSoft TotalMedia extreme will be available Tuesday the 15th of January. If this is true, I can't wait. Hope there is a trial.

Sorry if this was posted already.

ArcSoft TotalMedia extreme will be available Tuesday the 15th of January. If this is true, I can't wait. Hope there is a trial.
Thats what they said last week, then they extended it another week! Hope they get it right this week.
Schlim66

BD-Region-Reset

Hello,

When it is released, could anyone find out how the Blu-ray Region counter can be reset and let us know?

With the information about resetting the different versions of PowerDVD, WinDVD, and this new program, someone could also write a (free) Region-changer tool for BD softwares. comparable to "DVD Genie." (Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I cannot do it myself.)

If SlySoft should really decide to release a BD-able player, it should have no Region lock (neither for BD [since BD-Regions are handled by the player software only, this should be easy] nor for DVD) to make life a bit easier.

Thank you and many greetings, :)

A Pal

The list of countries allowed in registration is somewhat restricted. The only one it would allow is United States. Ah well.

Regards,
Francis.

The list of countries allowed in registration is somewhat restricted. The only one it would allow is United States. Ah well.

Regards,
Francis.

Where did you get an english copy from? If you would like to share.

Cheers

Hello,

When it is released, could anyone find out how the Blu-ray Region counter can be reset and let us know?

With the information about resetting the different versions of PowerDVD, WinDVD, and this new program, someone could also write a (free) Region-changer tool for BD softwares. comparable to "DVD Genie." (Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I cannot do it myself.)

If SlySoft should really decide to release a BD-able player, it should have no Region lock (neither for BD [since BD-Regions are handled by the player software only, this should be easy] nor for DVD) to make life a bit easier.

A Pal

In the japanese trial the BD Region codes are stored in the dvdplay.ini file. I also know where the region codes in Neromare stored. If someone wants to program, I could provide the informations you need.

There was a rumor, that TM plays as well only using iverlay. CAn someone confirm that ? If that is true, the product is not interesting if you want Total PIcture quality.

Hello, Rathbone80,

Thank you for the information. Please let us know more detailed information about "TotalMedia" and "Neromare" (where does the latter store the Regions, and can the counters of the two programs be modified in a way they allow more than five changes per patch).

We could create a "Region-Hacking Thread," where people can post tips to hack region counters, regkeys, modified Region-saving files of different player programs, self-written BD-Region changers, or tips for unlocking stand-alone BD players (if there are some that can be unlocked) and DVD players.

A Pal

Hello, Rathbone80,

Thank you for the information. Please let us know more detailed information about "TotalMedia" and "Neromare" (where does the latter store the Regions, and can the counters of the two programs be modified in a way they allow more than five changes per patch).

We could create a "Region-Hacking Thread," where people can post tips to hack region counters, regkeys, modified Region-saving files of different player programs, self-written BD-Region changers, or tips for unlocking stand-alone BD players (if there are some that can be unlocked) and DVD players.

A Pal
Man, you SOOO did not read the forum rules on posting before you posted that thread

I hope they don't remove the ability to play back from the HDD. This was on the Japanese version, but doesn't appear to be in the US version.

I hope they don't remove the ability to play back from the HDD. This was on the Japanese version, but doesn't appear to be in the US version.

May I ask how you would know this? Has a US version been released yet?

Sweet. Now that we have an english trial I'll check it out. Any idea how long the trial lasts? I hope at least 30 days.

Does it play HD files from hard drive?

Does PowerDVD need to be removed?

I just threw it on my laptop to take a look. My laptop can't do HD DVD or Blu-ray, but, I have a 720p encoded Divx I made last night that I threw on it. I LOVE the interface! It has all the best parts of PowerDVD only it seems more smooth to me. I will be loading this onto my HTPC tonight and throwing many discs at it to see how well it plays. Has anyone tried mounting a BD+ ISO and playing it yet? I'm VERY curious if that works.

ArcSoft TotalMedia Is Here (I Love It!!!)

I love it!!! It's like those times when you find something you've been looking for your whole life. Okay, slight exaggeration, but i'm really exited. I haven't put it on my main HTPC yet, but I tried it out by streaming "Bourne Ultimatum" wirelessly to a networked pc using a 54Kbps modem. I would get alot of studders with PowerDVD, but with ArcSoft, i get no studders. Now I won't blame that totally on PowerDVD as the bandwith is only 54Mbps and 802.11g is prone to interference, but the first 20minutes played without a hickup. I can't wait to upgrate my router to N when its finalized so i can have whole house high definition.

Anyways, this seems to be a very solid product with few if any bugs (haven't found any yet). Just the fact that it can play my backups from the hard drive is enough for me to purchase. You still can't buy it on the website yet, so i'll wait till I get a copy before I start uninstalling PowerDVD.

How they were able to release a product that could play from the hard drive while PowerDVD was forced to delete that feature, i don't know. Maybe they had the balls to take the studios to court since software companies should not have to be responsible for implementing copy protection outside of what is spelled out in the DRM specifications. I always felt that Cyberlink should not have to get rid of a feature simply because the AACS board does not like it. Maybe ArcSoft felt is was worth the time and money to protect that right, I don't know for sure.

What I do know however is that if this product does not change, with the exception of any bug fixes or feature enhancements, then i've just found a viable PowerDVD replacement.:D

I've just got excited and taken a look. You are not joking about the interface it's extremely slick - the best i've seen. No clunk factor, feels robust.

I can't seem to get it to play anydvd backup directories.

Have managed to play a few VC1 EVOBs individually, some work beautifully for video, some have no sound? Can't find an option to cylce soundtracks.

Will try playing discs later as well.......

I can't find anything inside the app to suggest this is actually a trial version? Will this expire or is it happy birthday time and we're beta testing it?

So far I'm in agreement. This is a pretty sweet product. I need to wait until I get home and throw some HD DVD and Blu-rays at this thing. I still want to know if anyone's tried a BD+ ISO with it to see how that works. Even if it doesn't, I can keep PowerDVD 3319a installed and use this for everything else. That'd be fine with me. It's super smooth on my laptop where PowerDVD is a freaking DOG. I realize my laptop is older, but, come on. So far, I'm impressed.

Great news. For anyone who does choose to buy this, awhile ago I had spoken to a rep at arcsoft that gave me a discount code for checkout. I believe it was "arc20" (20% off the purchase price). Not 100% sure, feel free to search the forums.

Cheers!

Back