Arcsoft Total Media Extreme availability

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Bill101, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Bill101

Bill101 Well-Known Member

Using Google Search, several news sites say that it`s now available for retail purchase but,I can`t find anyplace that`s offering it,including Arcsoft`s own site.I signed up for e-mail notification from Arcsoft but,haven`t received any notice from them.I`m just wondering why it`s being reported it`s now available.Has anyone else heard anything?

2. schlim66

schlim66 Active Member

On Monday, I also saw that press release. So I called ArcSoft and spoke with Troy in the tech dept. He took my number and went to check, about 30 mins later he called back after speaking to Michael Downs(VP, Marketing and Business Development) who told him they would release it Jan 15th. This week to week extension is a little weird, almost like they are not done testing it. The Japanese trial I use works fairly good and that version(2.1.1.96) is from late Sep '07. Give them a call, ask for Troy in support. It might make them move faster!

ArcSoft, Inc.
    46601 Fremont Blvd.
    Fremont, CA 94538
    CA Tel. 510-440-9901

Schlim66

3. Bill101

Thanks for the info.I might try that.I`m getting tired of all the delays with their product as well as others but,I guess it`s better to have a working product than one full of problems.It`s kind of like Toshiba`s announcement of an HD DVD writer and then not seeing a product.

4. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

I'll wait til you guys test the hell out of it before I drop money on it. Cause PowerDVD 8 is rumored to be out in the next few weeks. I'd much rather go with something other than PowerDVD, but, only if it works...for EVERYTHING.

5. Bill101

Lol,I don`t blame you.I usually do the same thing,but maybe it`s my turn to take one for the team.

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Nah, make SamuriHL the guinea pig. :D ;)

I'm curious if Arcsoft adds afc.sys (Arcsoft's ASPI shell) to the filter stack with their player software 'cause that would kinda bug me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  7. Bill101

I thought about that but,I`ve learned alot from his posts.Unless he`s rich.

8. Webslinger

I was joking around.

Actually, he IS rich. SamuriHL, buy us all Arcsoft Total Media Extreme! :bowdown: :clap: ;)

heh

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  9. Bill101

I know.So was I.

10. Webslinger

No you weren't. Psst . . . don't tell SamuriHL we're talking about him, okay? :)

11. Bill101

Yeah,I heard he was going to buy all of us an HD DVD of our choice to help the cause along.:D

12. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

And while he's at it he can buy me a nice TV just like his and pay for my HTPC that he'll build for me, too. :p

13. Webslinger

Ah, you don't have to be so bashful. You can ask SamuriHL for what you really want: a pony. :D ;)

14. matrixdan1

matrixdan1 Active Member

Hey what can this Arcsoft Total media extreme do? Im looking at the spec page and it can play hd dvds and blu ray but can it take actual hd-dvd vc1 files and blu ray files and edit them? I see and can output to the formats but i cant find any info on what type of input files it takes.

15. SamuriHL

Where the hell'd you come up with the idea that I was somehow rich?!?! I WISH!!! :D

16. SamuriHL

You know damn well he wants a unicorn and rainbows. :D

17. SamuriHL

Not a clue. That's something I hope to find out by someone else buying the software and testing it out for us. :D I also want to know if it's profile 1.1 compliant and whether it can play BD+ rips.

18. Webslinger

I made that up, but not the part about the pony. That's all true! :D

19. SamuriHL

THAT part I'd believe. :D