Apple Computer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jmolloy2@si.rr.com, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jmolloy2@si.rr.com

jmolloy2@si.rr.com New Member

are there any plans to to make your software compatible with apple computers?:doh:

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

At the moment I do not know of any plans but the developers are on this forum and maybe they will chime in here; This is what is supported now

3. sdaniels

sdaniels New Member

Parallels Desktop

Works on my Mac with Parallels Desktop or BootCamp just fine, even in Coherence Mode.

I wouldn't waste my time waiting for Apple compatible version since most of SlySoft's Apps are based on Open Source projects like Mencoder which is used by HandBrake on Mac.

4. Phrehdd

Phrehdd Active Member

Interesting - Parallels had no problems running? Did PowerDVD Ultra work for you? Did it accept the Video Drivers? I didn't have such luck. Under Parallels the system was slow and didn't get as far as PowerDVD Ultra (just AnyDVDHD and Image Burn..) I installed VMWare Fusion and PowerDVD Ultra rejected the associated Video Drivers.

My goal is to watch HD DVD's using my MAC Pro on my 30" Cinema Display at full resolution. - Any help you could offer would be great. I am about to start looking at
    going to BootCamp, unless you can tell me what's what on Parallels <g>

Thanks,
    Phrehdd

5. better

better Member

At the first thought i think that this is something for the APPLE users. I am not expecting this thing.

6. boozemun

boozemun New Member

Slysoft

That's funny because Clone DVD2 used to work fine in Parallels on my Mac but I'm not sure what update (Parallels or Slysoft) caused it to stop working. Using the latest versions of everything including system reading or writing constantly stalls. Works in bootcamp.

7. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Most? Certainly not. Only one is.

8. damnskippy

damnskippy Well-Known Member

And that one is developed by someone else at the moment.

9. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

James' statement is the truth and soon that statement will no longer be true because the engine for CloneDVD mobile will be replaced.

This is an old thread and sdaniels clearly had no idea what they were talking about.

10. pimpcrapinpeace

pimpcrapinpeace Well-Known Member

That is not correct, the only product sold by slysoft that is developed by another company is cloneDVD 2, clonedvd mobile is based on an open source project, and that will not be true when the next version comes out as it will be powered by a new engine.

Keep Up The Good Work Slysoft :)