Apocalypto - force subtitles to ON?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by SlapSoft, May 23, 2007.

1. SlapSoft

SlapSoft Member

Is there a way to copy "Apocalypto" with AnyDVD and ClodeDVD and have my DVD player play the English subtitles without having to select then ON? (I don't know anyone who speaks Mayan and would like to keep things simple... :eek: )

I copied it with main movie only and menus selected, but it defaults to subtitles OFF. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that really applies...

Thanks in advance! :agree:

2. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

Does Apocalypto have forced subtitles? Does the original play subtitles by default?

3. trussme

trussme Well-Known Member

This worked for me...

On the 1st page of Clone DVD you select Preserve Menus, Main Movie and Quality setting (I used +R DL)..on the Audio (next) page you select either Unnamed DTS or Dolby Digital, and (both)English Sub Titles....when the movie starts to play, you will have a MENU...select: Set UP, then Sub Titles, highlight English, then hit play movie, and those English sub titles will display thru-out the movie.......

4. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

I think he means subtitles on by default. I don't think you can sorry.:(

5. Rich86

Rich86 Well-Known Member

It's very easy to accomplish using DVDShrink.

6. SlapSoft

SlapSoft Member

Thanks for the replies.

I prefer to jump directly to the movie without going to the menu, so I was hoping to avoid that (although I know it works - thanks, trussme.)

I've already re-encoded it with DVD Rebuilder... I'll see if I can run it through DVD Shrink just to set the subtitles on - thanks, Rich86.

I'll let you know if that works tonight.

Thanks again to all. :)

edit - update: DVD Shrink did the job just fine, although I wish I didn't need that extra step. I'll add the ability to choose default audio/subtitle stream to the CloneDVD wish list!

Last edited: May 23, 2007