• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AP Starz Watermark

Water Faucet

I noticed that the Starz channel throws up a watermark in the bottom right corner periodically. Going to guess there is nothing we can do about it, just checking the community here to see if there is a solution.

Nothing to do about it as far as I know but it's really a small price to pay as I see it.

It's Only in the USA.
Other countries are logo free. Like all on prime video domain.

I really do not see a solution AS can employ to take out a watermark. But I will bring it up when I next speak to the developers.

If the watermark is half-transparent, there might be a program to remove it, although that requires reencoding it of course.
I have seen programms to do so for photos, maybe there are also some for videos. But, I never tried a single one of them, only read about them. So, I cannot tell you anything about the quality of their result.

If the watermark is half-transparent, there might be a program to remove it, although that requires reencoding it of course.
I have seen programms to do so for photos, maybe there are also some for videos. But, I never tried a single one of them, only read about them. So, I cannot tell you anything about the quality of their result.

Yeah, I figured there might be some people out trying to figure out solutions. I may try to play around with a high-end video editor program someday, see what can be done from that direction. Probably would take a lot of time and effort to do it while retaining high quality.

Yeah, I figured there might be some people out trying to figure out solutions. I may try to play around with a high-end video editor program someday, see what can be done from that direction. Probably would take a lot of time and effort to do it while retaining high quality.
If the logo always has the same spot, you might be able to do all videos as a batch, so it should not cost that much time (on screen, it will still take the same amount of time to encode of course but like AS it is running in the background, saving you many hours).

I noticed that the Starz channel throws up a watermark in the bottom right corner periodically. Going to guess there is nothing we can do about it, just checking the community here to see if there is a solution.

ffmpeg has a filter to remove watermarks. I don't know how good it works, though, as I've never used it.

Maybe it just annoys him. I don't really notice them in TV, however they are still there and can be distracting at times.

I think maybe if they appeared and then stayed for the entire show I might not notice as much. But "Starz" watermark goes on and off every certain amount of time (every 8 minutes or so?) throughout the film. The off and on nature of it makes it more noticeable, IMO.

EDIT to add: Not sharing my videos with anyone, personal use only...just like CLEAN video. At some point I may do some trimming (to cut out beginning and ending excessive credits and/or movie service logos) with high end programs...may try the watermarks at that point in time.

Last edited:
AnyStream just downloads what is played, the watermark is part of that download. Unlike commercials that are not hardcoded into the film.

Yeah, I totally get that, not blaming this on AS at all. I just posted here to see if any of the wise members knew of solutions. Thanks for some of the links and application names.

At some point in the future I may try to do something with some good video software. I enjoy learning new things, and playing around and figuring out ways to make my video and audio library better/cleaner/more organized.

To a "normal" person, it probably makes no difference. I suffer from attention deficit and a watermark or bug would drive me insane.

It only shows for a few seconds now and then and its transparent mostly.

LOL at normal person. No such thing. Especially among all us media freaks ;)

You don't appreciate the depths of my dysfunction. :ROFLMAO:
I will put my dysfunction up against yours any day Doc. ;) Levity in a forum sometimes makes a good day even better. We just can't overdo it. LOL :(

Last edited:
Back