• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved AP Gilligan's Island - Download Error on Some Episodes

All three seasons look great (1440x1080). They were originally $24.99 per season on AP. Then about mid-January they dropped to $9.99 per season. I snatched all three up considering it a steal. Not sure if the $9.99/season pricing is still available though. If not, I'd add them to my watchlist and periodically check on the pricing. That's what I did and it paid off.

I love GI. I have it on DVD. Are the 1080p scans of film or upscaled of original 480p? Definitely but again if quality is bumped way up. Thanks!

I love GI. I have it on DVD. Are the 1080p scans of film or upscaled of original 480p? Definitely but again if quality is bumped way up. Thanks!
I pulled the trigger on the AmazonPrime streams a short time ago. I've downloaded a dozen episodes so far across all 3 seasons. Took a quick look at a number of them. These HD streams are totally legit. They're clearly sourced from the original film elements. The file sizes are hefty as well ranging from 2.4 GB to 2.7 GB so far. Looking at 2.5 GB on average at present. Again, very hefty file sizes (...well, for streams anyway) considering the resolution (1440x1080) and running length (25 min.) of each episode. Color me impressed. Buy with confidence. (y)

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a Apple iTunes Converter program that works with the latest ITunes Version

Does anyone know of a Apple iTunes Converter program that works with the latest ITunes Version

A portion of my reply back on "Page 1" of this thread...
For iTunes purchases I use an application called DRmare M4V Converter. Been using it for many years now. With DRmare M4V Converter you have to download the given content first via the iTunes application, then closing the application. You then launch the DRmare M4V Converter application. It in turn launchs your iTunes application scanning for what content you've downloaded locally. Within DRmare M4V Converter you're then able to browse and select from said content having the application create DRM free versions of the files in your preferred format. Just like AnyStream, there's zero screen recording involved. You do need to keep the iTunes application running during the process though. Creating a DRM free version of a given file happens very quickly and retains the original quality. Excellent application for those looking for an AnyStream type solution for iTunes content.

That being said, I don't run the latest version of iTunes. You'd have to give it a try and see. The trial version has a conversion time length limitation I believe, but if it works it works.

Go and get them, you only live once.

I pulled the trigger on the AmazonPrime streams a short time ago. I've downloaded a dozen episodes so far across all 3 seasons. Took a quick look at a number of them. These HD streams are totally legit. They're clearly sourced from the original film elements. The file sizes are hefty as well ranging from 2.4 GB to 2.7 GB so far. Looking at 2.5 GB on average at present. Again, very hefty file sizes (...well, for streams anyway) considering the resolution (1440x1080) and running length (25 min.) of each episode. Color me impressed. Buy with confidence. (y)
@RedFox 1 and @Lowpro I just went and bought the entire series (Again!) via AP.

I'm currently working on another show, but I'll start to look into the series in awhile and report back with both of you the results.

Thanks again.

:):thankyou:

Thank you. I’m off to get another copy of wonderful wizard of Gilligan’s Island!

FYI when going to download these...
All episodes were available in HD, i.e. 1440x1080 (1.33:1). (y) There were a couple inconsistencies with the audio offered though. The highest audio option available for "Season 1, Episode 4" and "Season 2, Episode 19" was 128 kbps AAC-LC stereo. Noticed also that these episodes, the frame rate is 23.976 fps. :rolleyes: The other episodes (96 total) offer 224 kbps DD+ stereo, the frame rate of each being 24 fps. :whistle:

Last edited:
I just took a quick look at the Pilot episode, which was shot in Black and White (as was all 36 first season episodes.)

The picture on PowerDVD 22 Ultra looks gorgeous, almost as if the image was from a Blu-ray disc. Bob Denver, who played Gilligan, is the only person not in this picture.20230130-104615.JPG

From day one I never understood this TV series. Why exactly did all the guys want to get off the island?

ap_gilligans_island_s1_01_thumb.jpg
(Click here to view the full size image.)

ap_gilligans_island_s1_02_thumb.jpg

ap_gilligans_island_s1_03_thumb.jpg

ap_gilligans_island_s1_04_thumb.jpg

ap_gilligans_island_s1_05_thumb.jpg

Mary-Ann or Ginger?

Mary-Ann is my choice
Not anymore Mr Faucet.:(

Actress and TV movie producer Dawn Wells, who became internationally famous as the stranded girl-next-door on the mid-1960s TV sitcom Gilligan's Island, died Wednesday of complications related to the coronavirus. She was 82 years old. Wells' publicist, B. Harlan Boll, announced her death on social media.

I would “like” your post, but it made me sad. Tommorow is promised to no one I suppose. :(

And the score is now Ginger 1, Mary Ann 2. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Mary Ann Summers was the bomb! :love:
It made me sad also, I was a grown man when that show was popular, so I understand full well that tomorrow is a gift.

I would “like” your post, but it made me sad. Tommorow is promised to no one I suppose. :(

And the score is now Ginger 1, Mary Ann 2. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Mary Ann Summers was the bomb! :love:
Ironically enough, only the woman that played Ginger Grant, actress Tina Louise is still with us.

I took some time this week and cataloged the TV series authoring the AnyStream downloads to Blu-ray. I mirrored the episode breakdown per disc used by the DVD releases in this case, each season spread across 3 discs, 2 of the discs for each season being BD50's. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out. 😉

As seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center...

(Click on the image above to view my online profile for this title.)

As seen from my Blu-ray player...

(Additional Blu-ray Menus: Disc 2, Disc 3)

I forgot to mention this. I have this episode downloaded already, but currently it's not possible to download it via AnyStream. Season 2 has 32 episodes. The download button is only finding 31 episodes on the page however. Season 2 Episode 19 "Seer, Gilligan" is missing from the list even though the episode is present on the main page.

I'd really like them to add the Colorized Versions of Season One. Not sure if they were syndicated or original uncut, but it would be nice to have them all.
If they ever decided to do a Blu-Ray release...the Colorized set would be a very nice extra.

I forgot to mention this. I have this episode downloaded already, but currently it's not possible to download it via AnyStream. Season 2 has 32 episodes. The download button is only finding 31 episodes on the page however. Season 2 Episode 19 "Seer, Gilligan" is missing from the list even though the episode is present on the main page.
Nice job on the disc creation!

There's an episode from Season 1 that's not available to download as well. So two episodes total across the TV series.

S1 E4 - Goodnight Sweet Skipper
S2 E19 - Seer, Gilligan

Both episodes are present on the main page for the given season. Neither episode are included when accessing the "Downloadable videos" button.

Back