• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anything I should know about AS before pulling the trigger?

vice350z

Using the trial right now and really liking it. Before spending about $190 USD on it, is there anything I should know about it before doing so? I'd hate to spend that much only to find out there's a lot of issues with things I haven't noticed yet. I glanced over the forum but didn't see anything that was a big problem.

I got an Amazon Downloader from another company and all of a sudden amazon wouldn't download in 1080p and after a couple weeks they still had no solution. Luckily I was still within the 30 day return window.

is there anything I should know about it before doing so
-Just like the Trial the full paid version also has a download token limit, but with far more tokens (40/day, 280/week, new token every 36 min)
-The difference between AS Standard and AS Plus are the available Providers. Standard is Amz, NF and D+, everything else belongs to Plus.

but didn't see anything that was a big problem
There is currently no big problem, a few bugs and crashes maybe, but nothing dealbreaking as far as I'm aware of. And if you have any bugs or questions you can always come to this forum. My subtitle bug I had recently was resolved quickly.

all of a sudden amazon wouldn't download in 1080p and after a couple weeks they still had no solution
I don't know the timeframe when this happend to your Amz downloader but this was also the case for AS a few month ago (I think it was somewhere between March-June). Amz apparently made some changes and they managed to get around it, so 1080p was available again.

Overall it is a great app. It's still new so there is a rough edge or 2 but it is constantly being improved. The company supports the product in a manner that you don't often find in today's environment. And to the point to where you have direct access to devs on these forums. Not to mention a small community of folks who are always willing to help. It's worth the money in my opinion.

I don't know the timeframe when this happend to your Amz downloader but this was also the case for AS a few month ago (I think it was somewhere between March-June). Amz apparently made some changes and they managed to get around it, so 1080p was available again.

Yep it was around that time. A couple other downloaders had the issue too. Yeah, i read about the "Fair Use" download limits...why exactly do they do that? Would the providers notice users downloading a lot of content? That's the one thing I did like about the Amazon Download from the other company...unlimited and batch downloads.

I've hit my limit for today with the trial so I'm going to go ahead and get the lifetime AS+ :) Thanks for the input folks.

From experience with other tools, it's pretty rare for any provider to ever permanently ban users even downloading at unlimited speed. Sometimes they may temporarily lock your account but that mostly happens if the login session isn't cached properly and too many login requests are made.

I did hear of one person whose Amazon account was terminated (also another one with Google Play, though AnyStream doesn't support that yet), but it doesn't appear to be widespread and you're probably safer with AS's limits.

From experience with other tools, it's pretty rare for any provider to ever permanently ban users even downloading at unlimited speed. Sometimes they may temporarily lock your account but that mostly happens if the login session isn't cached properly and too many login requests are made.

I did hear of one person whose Amazon account was terminated (also another one with Google Play, though AnyStream doesn't support that yet), but it doesn't appear to be widespread and you're probably safer with AS's limits.

I'm about to PM you at another site that we share in common....starts with a "B" and ends with an "N"....lol

Only had it for few weeks but totally happy, I we're only to buy Anystream initially but ended up buying NAS/HDD's/SSD/Memory + Emby premiere, If Anystream wouldn't have worked as advertised I would never ever bought latter or even looked for solutions because quickly ran out of space, nice program and learned a lot past weeks setting that NAS up as well (y)

Only had it for few weeks but totally happy, I we're only to buy Anystream initially but ended up buying NAS/HDD's/SSD/Memory + Emby premiere, If Anystream wouldn't have worked as advertised I would never ever bought latter or even looked for solutions because quickly ran out of space, nice program and learned a lot past weeks setting that NAS up as well (y)

Yep, there's a bunch of shows where I just need a couple of the last seasons so its gonna be hard at first to stay at that weekly limit at first. It's weird....i know I can just stream it off the service but I just like having the digital file in my collection to easily access it whenever/wherever I want. Usually play through MPC or Plex if away and share my Plex with a few friends.

Yep, there's a bunch of shows where I just need a couple of the last seasons so its gonna be hard at first to stay at that weekly limit at first. It's weird....i know I can just stream it off the service but I just like having the digital file in my collection to easily access it whenever/wherever I want. Usually play through MPC or Plex if away and share my Plex with a few friends.
Its a great program, you won't find any better if you looked forever. Support is top-notch.

I don't care how rare it is, I don't want anyone who buys this program to be locked out from their provider. It's a bad look.This program was made to download some movies for people going away on vacation, maybe having no internet. Long car ride with the kids. Everyone seems to be extremely happy with it, the developers work on it all the time, making it better, provider new providers, and we offer a lifetime license so you won't have any issues down the line.

Any promo codes floating around for Any Stream?
We usually have a 20% off promo on holidays, you just missed the labor day sale, ended on Sept 15th. 10% for BTC or BCH or Litecoin.

Do i have to have bitcoin/cash Litecoin for that? Or does it charge my card and pays you guys in that currency? Not sure how that all works.

No you have to get the cryptocurrency and send it to us and you will get a 10% discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

is there anything I should know about it before doing so
Test it out first. You get everything in trial that you get in paid, except the number of download tokens. It functions exactly the same

Overall, the software is quite usable, however there are limitations, such as the 'fair use' tokens, and lack of batch downloading.
If you expect to download a lot at once, then AS isn't for you.
The plus version is 100% worth it at the price they have, especially if you want future sites.

I got an Amazon Downloader from another company and all of a sudden amazon wouldn't download in 1080p and after a couple weeks they still had no solution.
These things happen when streaming providers change things up. It's expected that things are down for a bit when this happens, and Anystream was no exception. While I was not a member of AS then, I did some homework and researched the changelogs, and it looks like they had this fixed within a couple of weeks, which seems appropriate
Like you, I was stuck with another solution, which kept things in the dark for months on end, until I found AS.
So far, AS has shown that dealing with these things is a priority, unlike some others, which I won't mention.

Do i have to have bitcoin/cash Litecoin for that? Or does it charge my card and pays you guys in that currency? Not sure how that all works.
I have used CC both times (for standard and then upgrade to plus)

Overall, I have to say that the service behind AS is good. There are parts of things that everyone will, or won't like, and it's important to take all things under consideration, not just the good.

I've been a 'moderate' user of AS for a few months now and I have found it to be wholly-reliable. 99% of glitches I've experienced have been related to my VPN (fixed by re-starting my VPN-service interface and ensuring a different 'server' is used); the other 1% have been related to AS itself and have been fixed by installing the newest version. I download at the fastest speed, which varies depending on the general load on the nework (peak access times) - again, something over which the AS software has no control.

The developers don't engage in 'bullshit' about the capabilities of AS; nor do they obfuscate the definition of 'download'.

Unlike the creators of every other piece of software I have, the AS creators are quick to resolve issues - usually via the issuing of a new version. AS isn't 'abandonware'.

Further, the developers of AS are constantly adding new features and (less than constantly ;)) adding new streaming platforms. Everyone can name one or more streaming platforms that are missing from AS but I'm sure there's considerable research involved in getting a given platform to play nice with AS.

Moreover, once purchased there's no ongoing costs (i.e. monthly subscriptions). With regard to the AS 'download token' limitation, I have not found it to be an issue despite being a 'moderate' (i.e. regular daily use) user. It is a hefty upfront cost but if you use it regularly, it's a worthwhile purchase.

For my purposes, AS is a vital piece of software to facilitate the maximising of my streaming subscriptions - especially when the streaming providers themselves make flexible downloading problematic (selected devices only), proprietary (d/loads playable only via the providers ecosystem), or downright impossible (e.g. in a 'Windows' environment).

Last edited:
I have to say that the program is a good solution if you have to download a movie every now and then. Developers seem to fix urgent issues quickly, I never had any major problem with downloading anything. But imagine you'd want to download a season for future purposes, then you have sit sometimes a whole evening to do so. So, if we're speaking about fixing issues in already deployed mechanisms, it's quick - but in deploying new features which may improve usability and make experience less cumbersome, few important functionalities are still on consideration list. Usually I imagine why is it so - devs considered Linux version a year or so ago, but finally rejecting it recently. Creating a release for new operating system is not a small task, though, so I am rather glad that devs went into supporting more sites, but still - usability in some (not-so-rare) scenarios might be better. So, overall quality of obtained files is good, but beware - if you'd want to use it frequently to download whole seasons or make multi-audio items, you may be pissed off.

Back