anystream & videodownloaderultimate

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Tomsk, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Tomsk

Tomsk New Member

Just a head's up.

I have both anystream and videodownloaderulitimate and if videodownloaderultimate is running then anystream seems to route it's network access through it.

I have found that occasionally because of this routing anystream fails on downloads.

The obvious solution is to shutdown videodownloaderultimate.

2. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

what is videodownloaderultimate ??

3. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

It's a competitor's product and if I see it mentioned again, it will deleted.

BRCS likes this.
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

I wouldn't all it a competitor, looks like just another screen recorder to add to the dozen. But yes, this is the AnyStream section. Not the third party products one.

However this technically could be considered a bug report. The solution is simple though. Don't have that crap running while you're using AnyStream.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82, BRCS and radiah like this.
  5. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

I would not say so. AnyStream does not need any third-party component to route its requests through. IT may, however, be the other way around - third party software may interfere with AnyStream's operation. But, in this case, just as you have said:
    I would only add - don't bring third-party software to the AnyStream section. This is annoying nor does it do any good to anyone. RedFox is not chasing after replication of\stealing\mimicking other software - we have our own to take care of and we love it this way.

whatever_gong82 and RedFox 1 like this.
  6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

And it certainly shows! Nothing even remotely like it, in the good way :)

whatever_gong82, S4B3RX and Prospere like this.